Home

MLB reaction time

This is a discussion on MLB reaction time within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2007, 03:41 PM   #17
Banned

HotShot232's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: MLB reaction time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
True. And when you get it right, it's a great feeling. When your opponent does, it sucks Now I see, just a teeny-tiny bit why coaches have high blood pressure. Of course our jobs are not on the line and neihter is the livelihood of our families, but I'll be the first to admit that my heart rate goes up on big downs, and I definitely celebrate and/or cuss a blue streak depending on the results of the play.
This game I never really get upset, I just look as if I called the wrong play. Which is more often than not the case. BUT another GREAT thing about this game is even if you call the PERFECT Defense to stop a play it still boils down to your players making plays. This I find the pacing is PERFECT!!!!!!!

You wanna see my blood pressure go through the roof and wanna rip someones head off. Dealing with madden and the insane turnover problem or the sliding through the air problem with WRs or DBs warping. I wanna smash the game into a thousand pieces all the time, but APF I am always calm.
Old 08-28-2007, 03:54 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotShot232
This game I never really get upset, I just look as if I called the wrong play. Which is more often than not the case. BUT another GREAT thing about this game is even if you call the PERFECT Defense to stop a play it still boils down to your players making plays. This I find the pacing is PERFECT!!!!!!!

You wanna see my blood pressure go through the roof and wanna rip someones head off. Dealing with madden and the insane turnover problem or the sliding through the air problem with WRs or DBs warping. I wanna smash the game into a thousand pieces all the time, but APF I am always calm.
I agree, nearly every big play - 20+ yards - is something that one play direction or style that would have exploited the defense.....I really never have a problem with that and know that those things happen....It also makes it easier to stay in the gameplan if you stay calmer.

The "hot Potato" INT is the only thing that really burns me up....
Old 08-28-2007, 06:25 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotShot232

Haha, I wouldn't know, as I haven't bought the other game, and don't plan on it this year. I love the strategic element to APF, and just get my blood pressure going because I get so into the game. When I get burned, I typically feel/know that I made a playcall or execution mistake, or that my opponent just made the right read or the right play in that situation. I never really feel "robbed" on this game. On those plays where my opponent makes a head-scratching play, there's usually a legend on the other side of it
Old 08-28-2007, 06:28 PM   #20
Rookie

i dont know about never feeling "robbed"
I've seen so many times where I call the perfect play, only to have an easy INT for 6 pts just dropped.
Not only once, but I'll see 2-3 CBs slap it around like its a hot potato.
Old 08-28-2007, 08:35 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunelly
i dont know about never feeling "robbed"
I've seen so many times where I call the perfect play, only to have an easy INT for 6 pts just dropped.
Not only once, but I'll see 2-3 CBs slap it around like its a hot potato.
Okay, you're right. I've seen that one lots myself. But the alternative, I suppose is the turnover fest that plauges the other game. I do get my share of picks, so I generally don't complain about the drops but there are lots.

Even a little worse than those is when a receiver like Rice comes in after three bobbles and catches the ball for a first down. That one has happened to me more than once.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2007, 08:50 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
Okay, you're right. I've seen that one lots myself. But the alternative, I suppose is the turnover fest that plauges the other game. I do get my share of picks, so I generally don't complain about the drops but there are lots.

Even a little worse than those is when a receiver like Rice comes in after three bobbles and catches the ball for a first down. That one has happened to me more than once.
Yeah but the turnover fest in the other game is because the DB's have psychic abilities. Here the DB's are in legitimate position to make plays because someone tried to force a pass and many times they just drop the ball and don't make the guy on offense pay for it.
Old 08-28-2007, 10:04 PM   #23
Rookie

Exactly. Offense should pay. I mean the DB is standing STILL, ball hits him in the chest, and he just stares at it. wtf. The offense gets off the hook too easy.
Old 08-29-2007, 01:18 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 4

Here's a video that might show what I'm trying to say. The white splotch at the top of the screen is Jessie Tuggle, instead of filling the hole he just stands there and gets blocked.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »