Home

Stop complaining about Earl

This is a discussion on Stop complaining about Earl within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2007, 11:50 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 21
Re: Stop complaining about Earl

Quote:
Originally Posted by catcatch22
To me it's not Earl Campbell but the guys who were elusive runners like O.J., Sayers and Sanders breaking tackles by big time tacklers with power when that was not their game. Their running game was speed and not letting you touch them. Did they break tackles with strength? yeah of course they did, however the amount of times O.J. (who was a speed back) will power his way through all top tier tacklers is quite rediculous.
How often does that actually happen though and do you count how many times you have seen generics take down gold HB's ? I have seen that alot also, so can I conclude that the game is broken because the generic players are making too many tackles on Gold HB's ?
Old 09-08-2007, 11:59 AM   #18
P2K
Banned

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglami
I wanna complain about people complaining about people who are complaining. (I say this thread will be locked after 3 more posts...waddya think?)
Maybe Earl Campbell is complaining about people complaining about people who are complaining about using Earl Campbell
Old 09-08-2007, 12:10 PM   #19
Or should I

catcatch22's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombSong
How often does that actually happen though and do you count how many times you have seen generics take down gold HB's ? I have seen that alot also, so can I conclude that the game is broken because the generic players are making too many tackles on Gold HB's ?
What are you talking about? Gale Sayers should not be running over Fridge Perry or a guy bigger than him when he is going east-west and my guy is bearing down on him. He was a finesse back who beat you with quickness, same with O.J. However even when you coral them they just burst threw with power and shimmmy away when you have them wrapped up with wrap tacklers.

And actually I have rarely taken down top backs with generics, its usually my top guys. My generics get embarrassed everytime I face O.J. or Sayers.

Also why is it you attack me and others with such evil intent sarcasm when we complain but gush over LBz post when basically he says the same thing I just said.
Old 09-08-2007, 12:19 PM   #20
Farewell and 'ado

DocHolliday's Arena

OVR: 19

Above,

My generics are beasts. But if its one on one, yeah your gonna get beat alot, get a couple of guys there dude. Very rarely does anybody escape to tackler.

Sound pretty real to me.

Step up people. stop being afraid of the controls. take control of an LB.

I ahve a feeling alot of the people complaining are controlling D lineman
Old 09-08-2007, 12:38 PM   #21
Or should I

catcatch22's Arena

Your making assumptions on my play, I always control my players, I never use Dline rush and I control my players making the tackles, look at my I caused O.J. to fumble 2 times on back to back drives in season mode on legend video and you will see I went after the tackle and fumble my self, no letting the AI do my work here buddy.

Your saying its my play and that its realistic for speed backs to power over 250 - 300 lb linebackers and lineman who are going left right not up and down the field. Thanks for your oppinion but as you can see from the video that is not the case.

I even posted the bringing up people thread to stop short passes and the run, I already do that its not the playcalling!! You guys don't read, its the backs breaking tackles they have no business breaking.

Now if the back jukes me or spins cool I have no problem with that. What irks me is you have the guy wrapped up and either the other player in online or the AI will just tap A and shimmy your wrap tackle when power has nothing to do with his running game. I have no problem with Campbell of Ottis Anderson doing that but not the speed guys.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2007, 12:41 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 28

Contained yes, stopped? no way. If your playing someone good. Its going to be can you score everything he can. It will be the 2003 play off game against the Colts and Chiefs.
Old 09-08-2007, 01:06 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by catcatch22
What are you talking about? Gale Sayers should not be running over Fridge Perry or a guy bigger than him when he is going east-west and my guy is bearing down on him. He was a finesse back who beat you with quickness, same with O.J. However even when you coral them they just burst threw with power and shimmmy away when you have them wrapped up with wrap tacklers.

And actually I have rarely taken down top backs with generics, its usually my top guys. My generics get embarrassed everytime I face O.J. or Sayers.

Also why is it you attack me and others with such evil intent sarcasm when we complain but gush over LBz post when basically he says the same thing I just said.
First. I am not attacking you or the others. Why are you getting defensive over us responding to your complaints ? 2. Go look in the other threads where I disagree with LB. 3. Sayers running or not running over fridge is subjective, are you trucking fridge or just breaking his tackles ? There IS a difference. A small back CAN break a tackle of a bigger defender in real life, whatever life.
Old 09-08-2007, 01:12 PM   #24
Or should I

catcatch22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombSong
First. I am not attacking you or the others. Why are you getting defensive over us responding to your complaints ? 2. Go look in the other threads where I disagree with LB. 3. Sayers running or not running over fridge is subjective, are you trucking fridge or just breaking his tackles ? There IS a difference. A small back CAN break a tackle of a bigger defender in real life, whatever life.
I'm not saying he should not break his tackle, what I am saying is that if I got a bear hug on a speed back tapping A shouldn't mean he all of a sudden gets a burst of power and escapes everytime until his stamina goes down.

I don't have a problem with you disagreeing with my post, its the way you did it, the intent was totally disrespectful and not at all logical its almost as if I make a point you find the counterpoint all the way to the far left just to discredit what me or dunelly say. When you disagree with LBz the way you posted was with a much higher level of tact.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »