Home

no APF2K9; maybe next year

This is a discussion on no APF2K9; maybe next year within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-24-2008, 10:30 AM   #33
Rookie

aenggeorge's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: no APF2K9; maybe next year

blitz is back, backbreaker on the rise with tecmo and maybe next year all pro `10!!!
Old 04-25-2008, 12:20 AM   #34
Pro

OVR: 4

I'm very disappointed about not getting an APF 2K9, as even just a few more custom options would really open the game up for me. I've designed probably 50 teams or so, and had to delete most of them, thanks to the eight team limit (or how about that 20 created player limit? ).

However, it was a long almost two years without ANY 2K football on my 360, and now I've got APF 2K8, NFL 2K5, and some other games coming. I'd even include Madden 09 as a possible football game worth playing -if EA has put some work into it. I'll buy it used if I get it though (my little protest against EA for slacking and hostile takeover attempts).

Backbreaker should be interesting, if nothing else, and there's a new Blitz game if you like that style of football. Unless Tecmo Bowl makes it to the 360, I doubt I'll play it.

The point is, football gamers do have some options now, if not as much as we'd like.
Old 04-25-2008, 11:36 AM   #35
All Star

OVR: 21

I'm more down about the state of videogame football than I've ever been. It'll be interesting to see how Madden turns out this year, but the more I hear from them at this early stage and their actions (seems like they're not letting people give early impressions on NCAA now), I just don't see them improving the games in the ways they need to be improved. And in not having to answer to anyone, they can take their time adding whatever alternate uniforms they want, or upgrading gameplay at whatever glacial pace they choose. I think Backbreaker will turn some heads because of the technology, but it's likely going to be a one-trick pony (although that one trick is VERY cool, and the key to innovation going forward).

I think there's no way for the companies forced to make alternative football games to succeed unless they're somehow able to pull their resources together. 2K w/it's engine/AI + NaturalMotion would make for a great combination; Blitz will probably have some success but primarly with the arcade football crowd. I agree if APF had a few more options and some gameplay/animation tweaks it would make it a lot more playable long-term.

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2008, 08:37 AM   #36
Pro

gamemaster-2005's Arena

OVR: 8

It's crazy how EA as a company acts I'm not blaming them for no APF2k9 but lets be honest here. If EA wasn't scared of 2k Sport games they would not have gone out and bought Arena Football League. Which they have done nothing with
Old 04-27-2008, 07:03 PM   #37
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by koshi
I think they're just waiting for Favre to completely retire so they can put his mug on the cover.

So EA... Go get Favre now ya deuschbags.
Heh, well whaddya know?

RE: No APF2K9

Considering the somewhat lackluster game 2K came up with after three years since 2K5, I really think giving APF more time is a GOOD thing. Patience usually reaps benefits, even if the only benefit is more patience.
Old 04-29-2008, 02:04 AM   #38
Pro

MikeRo72's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:

Considering the somewhat lackluster game 2K came up with after three years since 2K5, I really think giving APF more time is a GOOD thing.
Wha?????
Old 04-29-2008, 10:00 AM   #39
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:

Considering the somewhat lackluster game 2K came up with after three years since 2K5, I really think giving APF more time is a GOOD thing. Patience usually reaps benefits, even if the only benefit is more patience.
i agree more development time would be a great plus but the thing is will they be working on it or will it be just a little side project
Old 05-01-2008, 12:30 PM   #40
Banned

OVR: 17

Would anybody really want 2K to do an Arena football game? Let's be honest, it's not like having the Arena license would've done much of anything for the game's sales. The reason EA hasn't done anything with the AFL license is because nobody bought the game when it came out. I doubt they'll renew it when the agreement expires. I wouldn't buy an Arena league game regardless of who makes it. In my opinion, 2K should've tried harder to copy the model of Pro Evolution Soccor (formerly Winning Eleven)......a franchise that proves you don't need a license to pound the snot out of the licensed competition.

EA really can't be blamed for any of this. EA didn't release APF08. APF08 under-achieved on its own. Even if you love the game, you can't deny there's no justification for the bare-bones port of NFL2K5 that 2K Sports tried passing off as the "resurection of video game football". 2K Sports is the only entity to blame for what's happening now with APF.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »