Home

3-2 isn't a glitch

This is a discussion on 3-2 isn't a glitch within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2008, 04:09 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 32
3-2 isn't a glitch

I lab the 3-2 defense against a Joker Pair/Strong CT Toss. I ran the play against various coverages in the 3-2 (man cover 2, 3 under, and man cover 2 press) I ran the same play 20 times each and here are the averages. This was against the Americans vs my created Pats team. My rb is a bronze with soft hands attribute.

My sliders are a modify legends that give more advantage to the cpu defense.

3-2 Man Cover 2 vs Joker Pair/Strong Toss

5.8 yards a carry

3-2 Cover 3

4.2 yards a carry

3-2 Man cover 2 press

*9.2 yards a carry. I only ran this play 5 times.

I decided to run the 3-2 against a joker pair iso.I also decide to play with the line shifts.

3-2/cover 3 under/line shift, right gap vs Joker Pair iso

5 yards per carry

3-2/Cover 3 under/line shift pinch vs Joker Pair iso

2.7 yards per carry. The line pinch cause double teams on their d line that let the lbs flow to the ball.

3-2/Cover 3 under /line shift pinch vs Joker Pair Toss

10 yards per carry. The toss play killed this 3-2/pinch.

I really think it is more how we attack the 3-2 vs it being a glitch defense. Running iso plays with generic o linemen is attacking the strenght of the defense.

Peace
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2008, 04:43 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Re: 3-2 isn't a glitch

Good stats, grunt, and thanks for the hard work and input. Experientially, though, I would have to say that out of regular sets like the I, Pro, Far/Near, and Ace, the outside players on the 3-2 D are able to crash quicker and more effectively than they should be.

I have been able to run with success against this defense, but it has been by going right up the gut, not on counters or tosses. One other thing to consider when labbing these sorts of things is that the CPU always shifts the D and real opponents don't. That may lead to different results. Just a thought . . .

I don't think it's a glitch, but I think it works better than it should for a base defense. Contrarily, I think the 34 doesn't work as well as it should as a base defense. I just think it's a thing with the blocking logic, sort of like the zone logic. The out route isn't a glitch, but it does take advantage of a weakness in the defensive AI. JMHO.
Old 08-24-2008, 06:06 PM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
Good stats, grunt, and thanks for the hard work and input. Experientially, though, I would have to say that out of regular sets like the I, Pro, Far/Near, and Ace, the outside players on the 3-2 D are able to crash quicker and more effectively than they should be.

I have been able to run with success against this defense, but it has been by going right up the gut, not on counters or tosses. One other thing to consider when labbing these sorts of things is that the CPU always shifts the D and real opponents don't. That may lead to different results. Just a thought . . .

I don't think it's a glitch, but I think it works better than it should for a base defense. Contrarily, I think the 34 doesn't work as well as it should as a base defense. I just think it's a thing with the blocking logic, sort of like the zone logic. The out route isn't a glitch, but it does take advantage of a weakness in the defensive AI. JMHO.

Fair enough. I am going to lab some one te sets.
Old 08-25-2008, 10:22 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

I also don't believe it's a glitch, just a glaring AI oversite by the developers. It's far too powerful when manually controlled against the run, IMO.
Old 08-25-2008, 01:04 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Greazy 1
I also don't believe it's a glitch, just a glaring AI oversite by the developers. It's far too powerful when manually controlled against the run, IMO.
Anyone wants to lab, hit me up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2008, 04:58 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
El Greazy= El stupido.
Old 08-27-2008, 09:20 PM   #7
Or should I

catcatch22's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
I totally agree.
Old 08-28-2008, 04:50 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by WreckONE
El Greazy= El stupido.
Wow, how many years of Spanish did it take you to learn that one?

Just because it's the only defense you know how to run to be competitive in this game doesn't make me stupid.

Last edited by El Greazy 1; 08-28-2008 at 04:53 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »