Home

I will use the hot corner route if...

This is a discussion on I will use the hot corner route if... within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-21-2009, 10:35 PM   #57
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Re: I will use the hot corner route if...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey
Nothing that can be said or done will change my mind on this outside of a logical zone stopping the route, which it doesn't.
Lol. I wrote a long-winded response to the same effect but deleted it. This thread has convinced me that no amount of real-world rational football discussion will convince people who view this as a legit tactic otherwise.
Old 02-21-2009, 10:47 PM   #58
MVP

OVR: 55

You are right Autumn. They just haven't been abused properly by it.

The guy in the video didn't even abuse it right. He needs to show the video of a guy in cover 3 or 4 not even reacting to the WR running the hot corner and giving up 10-15 yards on a quick snap, step and throw. It ruins the game. The guy on the video waits out the route and makes it appear like a valid route. Cheesers don't use it that way. People that use the route throw it immediately, and your players in zone... no matter WHAT zone will not react!

End of discussion.
Old 02-21-2009, 11:22 PM   #59
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey
You are right Autumn. They just haven't been abused properly by it.

The guy in the video didn't even abuse it right. He needs to show the video of a guy in cover 3 or 4 not even reacting to the WR running the hot corner and giving up 10-15 yards on a quick snap, step and throw. It ruins the game. The guy on the video waits out the route and makes it appear like a valid route. Cheesers don't use it that way. People that use the route throw it immediately, and your players in zone... no matter WHAT zone will not react!

End of discussion.
Yup. I had it called on me in a league game in a cover 4 on a crucial 3rd and long late in the game. It was criminally open, despite the fact that it should have been recognized by the CB.

Whatever, though, it's a free country and people can think and play as they please. I just don't play "those" people .
Old 02-22-2009, 02:22 PM   #60
Banned

OVR: 32

I don't use it but in my recent games in lobby land I stopped this route 4 out of 5 times in one game and 1 out of 2 in another game. I was in a cover 3 using gereric covers. I wont use it but I don't care if other gamers use this route.

In my last game he hot corner jerry going in motion and ended in the slot. The pass should have been intercepted.

I was using my OS North team. He had Campbell, Stabler, aand rice. Shut down all three.
Old 03-16-2009, 02:35 PM   #61
MVP

OVR: 21

Hey, this hot corner route does have cover 3 and 4 plays that stop it. Stop it good too.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »