Home

Bump and Run

This is a discussion on Bump and Run within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-14-2009, 11:21 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 55
Re: Bump and Run

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLHITMAN
If you make Mel Blount a Silver I think you would get better results with Bump Master and Quick Feet. He is tall for a CB and he needs QF to be as good as he can be. Shading has everything to do with a consistent Bump on the WR. If a WR is off the LOS they have a better chance of never getting Bumped at all.
Do they have to be ON the LOS to get a bump? If I make a good shade can I still get a bump even if the WR is off the line at the start?

By the way, I do agree with giving him quick feet. He is tall and that athleticism booster is a must. Ball Hawk is nice at times, but too often it doesn't even get an opportunity to come into play.

Thanks for the tips!
Old 05-14-2009, 11:26 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 5

You should give Strength and Bump Master a try. Strength is an overall booster so it should help with everything including his agility.
Old 05-14-2009, 11:31 PM   #11
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrain053
You should give Strength and Bump Master a try. Strength is an overall booster so it should help with everything including his agility.
I thought of this too. I wish I could give him strength and quick feet Don't know if his bumps would be able to hold 1 on 1 coverage up close though.

Might have something to try this weekend. The bump defense can be such a powerful tool. If I can figure out how to apply these to the level I can apply zone blitzes... it'll only further the strategies I can employ on defense.

Let's figure this puzzle out!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2009, 12:16 AM   #12
In case you forgot...

mKoz26's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballSchemer
What is 2k Sports for 100?
Very sneaky.

@CDonkey26

Quote:
Originally Posted by baumy300
Yeah, she may be a bit of a beotch, but you get back to me when you find out a way to motorboat personality...
Old 05-15-2009, 01:37 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey
Do they have to be ON the LOS to get a bump? If I make a good shade can I still get a bump even if the WR is off the line at the start?

By the way, I do agree with giving him quick feet. He is tall and that athleticism booster is a must. Ball Hawk is nice at times, but too often it doesn't even get an opportunity to come into play.

Thanks for the tips!
Coming from someone who is accused of using Bump Man a bit I still say that Blount needs QF because of his height. If Blount was a CB 6' of shorter I would say go with anything else with Bump Master but a tall CB will not play that great without QF.

If your playing Bump Man than coverage attributes aren't needed as much since you are on the WR's hip pocket from the get go.

Getting a WR off the LOS will get a free release of your opponent uses the Fade or Arrow routes. You will still bump him off the LOS if they use any other route. If you have Blount in Bump Man and you see someone motion someone like Rice off the LOS you should get ready for a Fade or an Arrow route.

WR off the LOS in conjunction with the Fade route against a Bump Man CB no matter the tier on the LOS = TD unless you have a great safety over the top or a D-Line presence to stop the deep ball.

Season 1 CHAMPION!!!
Old 05-15-2009, 02:11 AM   #14
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

When I have may "attack" defense. I have 3 DLineman w/ pass rush abilities, 1 ILB w/ coverage ability, and my 2 CB's w/ bump master. I 1st focus on getting pressure on the QB, then I try to put my CB's in the best potition to get a good bump on the WR. I keep track of the routes the CPU or user likes and shade accordingly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 05-15-2009, 01:52 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 8

When to Bump-

Any long passing down especiall 3rd and longs granted you have good D-Lineman if not bump just like man can and will get beat.

After a stuff on a first down run or no gain.

When you're playing two deep Safties (negates the fade so you don't have to shade outside)

When not to Bump-

Short yardage, most guys will scramble b/c the QB unless DE/LB spied is unaccounted for in man defense

When you're in Cover 1, even if you shade outside you have to be aware of a deep post (this is good to bait people but only if you excel in manual coverage with a LB/S

Goaline, unless you suspect a pass and you have a heavy blitz coming
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2009, 02:09 PM   #16
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by s38s38s
When to Bump-

Any long passing down especiall 3rd and longs granted you have good D-Lineman if not bump just like man can and will get beat.

After a stuff on a first down run or no gain.

When you're playing two deep Safties (negates the fade so you don't have to shade outside)

When not to Bump-

Short yardage, most guys will scramble b/c the QB unless DE/LB spied is unaccounted for in man defense

When you're in Cover 1, even if you shade outside you have to be aware of a deep post (this is good to bait people but only if you excel in manual coverage with a LB/S

Goaline, unless you suspect a pass and you have a heavy blitz coming
Atta boy! It's about time you start sharing some of your strategy perspective I'll have to work with this a bit. What I'm really getting out of this is I either have to excel at LB against the run with 2 deep safeties OR excel at SAFETY in a cover 1 with the bump.

I get the feeling that outside shading should almost be mandatory in cover 1 when bumping.... otherwise you are taking a risk for 6. If you don't shade outside, just be ready for the fade.

With a bump corner I should live in cover 2 man. My front 7 is good enough to beat any running game on that 70's Steeler team.

It's funny, defense is so easy for me in a 3-4 zone blitz Dick Lebeau scheme, but I really struggle at the straightforward 4-3 approach.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »