Home

Generic Info that is being asked about A LOT...

This is a discussion on Generic Info that is being asked about A LOT... within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-06-2009, 07:54 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 41
Re: Generic Info that is being asked about A LOT...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weapon X
Can't forgot one of the best cover safeties in the game, Reggie Mathis. He's an absolute BEAST in coverage, had two critical picks in the Conference Championship game for me.

WX
Your not basing Mathis being a beast off 1 game are you? Did you have any defensive leaders on your team?

Season 1 CHAMPION!!!
Old 07-07-2009, 11:28 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

As someone who's run with all-generic WR corps. in many online leagues, my favorite player is definitely Emanuel Husak.

He's basically a Wes Welker type player with small size but great hands and agility.

I try to get him generated as my number 1 or 2 generic WR and then stick him in the slot on all my passing plays.

One thing to remember with these generics is that their skills decrease according to how low they are on the depth chart, so if you get Husak generated as your number 1 generic receiver, he will have better stats than if Husak got generated as your number 4 or 5 receiver.
Old 07-08-2009, 12:34 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 1

Thats rather interesting, how do you know that to be true?
Old 07-08-2009, 01:02 AM   #20
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

After some thought, I'm a bit skeptical of some of this information. I have thought for a long time that certain generics were better than others, but besides the height and weight info, I have little hard data to back that up.

I see a lot of impressionistic posts in the thread, but not much (my own posts on related topics included) that really offer hard data.

How can we substantiate these claims about who is better than whom at the generic level?

I can see height and weight making a difference in terms of physics, but I wonder now if most of it has to do with what legends you have on the team and how you scheme vs. drastic talent differences among the generics.

The reason I suggest this is that I've run several games with run support DBs just to see how they do, and I've done very well. And then I've run several games with coverage DBs and gotten beat like a drum.

Thoughts?
Old 07-08-2009, 01:18 AM   #21
MVP

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Autumn Wind
After some thought, I'm a bit skeptical of some of this information. I have thought for a long time that certain generics were better than others, but besides the height and weight info, I have little hard data to back that up.

I see a lot of impressionistic posts in the thread, but not much (my own posts on related topics included) that really offer hard data.

How can we substantiate these claims about who is better than whom at the generic level?

I can see height and weight making a difference in terms of physics, but I wonder now if most of it has to do with what legends you have on the team and how you scheme vs. drastic talent differences among the generics.

The reason I suggest this is that I've run several games with run support DBs just to see how they do, and I've done very well. And then I've run several games with coverage DBs and gotten beat like a drum.

Thoughts?
Did you have the same leadership on each team?

Season 1 CHAMPION!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2009, 03:14 AM   #22
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

If you want "hard data," you won't find any for this game.

2K purposefully made it that way so you would actually have to try people out on the field to notice who's better at what.

As someone who bought the game on release date and played it for a solid two years before hanging it up, I can tell you that every player in the game performs differently on the field (even the generics).

And having spent lots of time throwing to generic receivers on my legend-less teams, I can tell that Husak has the best hands of any.

Next best would probably be Charles Figeroa.

Notice how Figs and Husak both have deficiencies to make up for their good hands:

Though he is quick, Husak is undersized and doesn't make catches under contact very well, while Figeroa is taller, slower but very strong and capable of making catches with body contact.

On the other side, the guy with the worst hands in the game would probably be Guillermo Wilson, but he has the size and speed to make up for his stone hands and slender frame (not good under contact).

Last edited by jyoung; 07-08-2009 at 03:19 AM.
Old 07-09-2009, 12:48 PM   #23
Pro

OVR: 13

Hitman, Autumn , and others who care to chime in. I have strategy questions!

My buddy and I play the game using LBzRule sliders that help the defense. We held a draft and created 4 teams each with Defense having all Gold-, Silver- and Bronze-tiered players. On offense, only Bronze-tiered players.

Our games are relatively close. It seems, though, that he's better at making LOS adjustments than I am. He goes for it alot on 4th and 1 or less (which drives me nuts and makes me want to stop him even more). I'll try to stack the line, maybe a GoalLine D with the knowledge that he'll swing pass it to an open back. Or he'll run a Pro-Set dive from a flipped formation. My success rate of stopping his 4th Down is around 20% which I argue is BS since NFL teams don't have high 4th down success rates IRL. But I've got to stop him consistently if he's going to rethink going for it.

I try the coverage shells to disguise my base D (4-3 Cover 3 Strong) because I know he likes to pass to his TE. My zone is also full of holes for the WR coming across from the left. I try to play a bend-don't-break defense and keep his RBs from getting 100 yards, but my Pass D is awful.

Questions:
- What's the best way to stop his 4th and shorts? I try 2-hard and sometimes it works.

- How do I keep his TE from killing me and that WR from cutting across the middle on my zone. I have manned the CB on that WR, but the receiver tends to get lots of space.

- What is the best way to lab? Do you guys run two controllers to do your labbing?

I need help. I've got to get back to being competitive again.

Thanks for the assist!

BigBlue
Old 07-09-2009, 01:18 PM   #24
So long to a Legend.

ANDROMADA 1's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlue
Hitman, Autumn , and others who care to chime in. I have strategy questions!

Questions:
- What's the best way to stop his 4th and shorts? I try 2-hard and sometimes it works.

- How do I keep his TE from killing me and that WR from cutting across the middle on my zone. I have manned the CB on that WR, but the receiver tends to get lots of space.

- What is the best way to lab? Do you guys run two controllers to do your labbing?

I need help. I've got to get back to being competitive again.

Thanks for the assist!

BigBlue
On the d-line to stop 4th down I would go with Geno macheti and Art Donovan or Art donovan and Randy White the leadership boos plus White's clutch should put an end to all the 4th down stuff.At LB I'd go with Chuck Bednarick .That should stamp out almost any running gm cold.In the secondary roll with an Anderson and Renfro...Kasey is good at all that labbing stuff.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »