Home

Pro Tak vs 2k football tackle system

This is a discussion on Pro Tak vs 2k football tackle system within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2009, 01:27 PM   #17
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: Pro Tak vs 2k football tackle system

How can we compare till we really play with the retail version of Madden?

I think it will be 2k, but it's far too early to pass judgement on protak, particularly since the game hasn't even dropped yet, and we've all got 5 years experience with the 2k's engine.
Old 08-01-2009, 01:30 PM   #18
MVP

Hoos's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Bowler
I played some APF yesterday to just get a better comparison and my feelings have changed. I believe Madden maybe be as good or slightly better. APF probably has as many if not more tackle animations where people warp into tackle animations.

I also believe that being able to hit stick a pile is better than any tackling experience in APF. Madden also has improved big hit animations that are much more realistic than the past.
I did the same thing yesterday and played some All Pro to get some back to back comparison going on. Sorry, but I got kind of bored with the APF tackles after awhile. They just seemed to be too much alike. I came away preferring the Madden tackling system. It just seems to have a higher variety of tackling animations. I've played maybe 20-25 games on the Madden demo and I think I've seen something new in each game with the tackling and how the ball carrier (animation) falls to the ground. It's just more fresh and organic to me.

PSN: hoos4974
Old 08-01-2009, 01:33 PM   #19
MVP

Hoos's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
How can we compare till we really play with the retail version of Madden?

I think it will be 2k, but it's far too early to pass judgement on protak, particularly since the game hasn't even dropped yet, and we've all got 5 years experience with the 2k's engine.
Ohhh I agree!!! I'll hold off on my final opinion until the final game drops. But I can say, if the full game stays at the same level or higher for me, then it will hands down be my game of choice.

Old 08-01-2009, 03:58 PM   #20
Banned

Nintari's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosier4974
Ohhh I agree!!! I'll hold off on my final opinion until the final game drops. But I can say, if the full game stays at the same level or higher for me, then it will hands down be my game of choice.
Dude, the fact that you're actually playing NCAA (AKA pure trash) discredits what you have to say about quality football games IMHO lol.

And that's really a shame too because I expect fellow NW Indianaians (Crown Point here) to have more common sense.

Old 08-01-2009, 05:56 PM   #21
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintari
Dude, the fact that you're actually playing NCAA (AKA pure trash) discredits what you have to say about quality football games IMHO lol.

And that's really a shame too because I expect fellow NW Indianaians (Crown Point here) to have more common sense.

what are you, the taliban of football games? Only your opinion matters and anyone who doesn't have the same opinion doesn't count?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2009, 06:46 PM   #22
MVP

Hoos's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
what are you, the taliban of football games? Only your opinion matters and anyone who doesn't have the same opinion doesn't count?

What he said !!

Seriously though, I've been around the block with football video games and have played them all practically, so I think my two cents is worth something. I like college football as a sport and EA's game is the only game in town, so sue me.......hell that shouldn't be too hard seeing how we are neighbors and all....LOL

Old 08-01-2009, 08:23 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 55

To be honest I really like Madden 10's tackling system so far. I only have the XBL demo, but I've seen some gorgeous gang tackles on Jacobs. I did notice what NYKIA mentioned with player individuality issues. I've seen Felix Jones break through a 5 man gang tackle. Not exaggerating, I checked the replay. As long as that stuff is rare I'm fine with it, even tough I don't envision Jones being the kind of guy to do that.

I've been able to steer blockers with the R stick. They have some nicer extended tackle animations that better personify the struggle of bringing a player down unlike previous years. I still don't like how uninvolved I feel when ramming a massive Brandon Jacobs straight into the middle of a defense and just pushing up on my joystick. I far and away prefer 2k's tapping system, always have.

Big hits seem harder to land in Madden 10 compared to 09. I really liked APF's difficulty in landing big hits. I like how EA has more fumbles in their game, though. APF is just ridiculous when it comes to fumbling... they just don't let hit happen. Forcing turnovers with big hits is just something I felt I didn't see enough of. I would've liked to injure more star players with big hits, especially WR's coming over the middle... but that just might be my fault for missing so much

I'm actually pretty excited for this Madden! Nothing bothers me in the demo so much that it makes it unplayable. I'm still getting a feel for the passing... it does seem simplified to me in comparison to APF. I do like that DB's play tighter in M10.

Hope to see you guys on the gridiron in M10 in a couple weeks! Excited for our online franchise too.
Old 08-01-2009, 08:34 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey
To be honest I really like Madden 10's tackling system so far. I only have the XBL demo, but I've seen some gorgeous gang tackles on Jacobs. I did notice what NYKIA mentioned with player individuality issues. I've seen Felix Jones break through a 5 man gang tackle. Not exaggerating, I checked the replay. As long as that stuff is rare I'm fine with it, even tough I don't envision Jones being the kind of guy to do that.

I've been able to steer blockers with the R stick. They have some nicer extended tackle animations that better personify the struggle of bringing a player down unlike previous years. I still don't like how uninvolved I feel when ramming a massive Brandon Jacobs straight into the middle of a defense and just pushing up on my joystick. I far and away prefer 2k's tapping system, always have.

Big hits seem harder to land in Madden 10 compared to 09. I really liked APF's difficulty in landing big hits. I like how EA has more fumbles in their game, though. APF is just ridiculous when it comes to fumbling... they just don't let hit happen. Forcing turnovers with big hits is just something I felt I didn't see enough of. I would've liked to injure more star players with big hits, especially WR's coming over the middle... but that just might be my fault for missing so much

I'm actually pretty excited for this Madden! Nothing bothers me in the demo so much that it makes it unplayable. I'm still getting a feel for the passing... it does seem simplified to me in comparison to APF. I do like that DB's play tighter in M10.

Hope to see you guys on the gridiron in M10 in a couple weeks! Excited for our online franchise too.
yeah i feel u on those fumbles then i look at what im playing. a non licensed football game with old farts and generics. i mean IMO if i was the lead designer i would have told the crew to lower the fumble rate so it wont happen as much but thats my opinion as i stated. it dont look good for APF to have jerry rice or Barry sanders fumbling like crazy

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »