Home

Pro Tak vs 2k football tackle system

This is a discussion on Pro Tak vs 2k football tackle system within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2009, 08:58 PM   #25

OVR: 34
Re: Pro Tak vs 2k football tackle system

I think it's the momentum that 2K was able to capture in football. Madden still seems to fall short there, but I would not say ProTak is a gimmick. It definitely adds realism to the game. I also have seen the branching animations take effect. In particular, on a return I had in the demo I was able to move a tackle scenario in a particular direction.

Again though, momentum has always been a thing for me in Madden. It's too twitchy and fast, but I think that's changing with ProTak and the slower game speed helping that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2009, 12:43 AM   #26
Banned

Nintari's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
what are you, the taliban of football games? Only your opinion matters and anyone who doesn't have the same opinion doesn't count?
No, other opinions matter too...but only well formed ones.

I was just being sarcastic though. Anyone can play what they want as far as I'm concerned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosier4974
so sue me.......hell that shouldn't be too hard seeing how we are neighbors and all....LOL
I just might...if nothing else but for the simple fact that you're a friggin' White Sox fan.

Old 08-02-2009, 04:26 AM   #27
In case you forgot...

mKoz26's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintari
Dude, the fact that you're actually playing NCAA (AKA pure trash) discredits what you have to say about quality football games IMHO lol.

And that's really a shame too because I expect fellow NW Indianaians (Crown Point here) to have more common sense.

I've got family in Crown Point. Interesting...

@CDonkey26

Quote:
Originally Posted by baumy300
Yeah, she may be a bit of a beotch, but you get back to me when you find out a way to motorboat personality...
Old 08-02-2009, 09:21 AM   #28
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

I like both equally. Right now 2k's system still looks more fluid and less scripted. But I like what Pro-Tak brings to the table. I think it's another year away from really being a difference maker in Madden. Everything in pro-tak though is possible in 2k's system from what I've heard.
Old 08-02-2009, 03:22 PM   #29
MVP

Hoos's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintari
I just might...if nothing else but for the simple fact that you're a friggin' White Sox fan.

Hahaha, a disgruntled Cubs fan, maybe?? Bitter because the Southsiders got a championship before the beloved Cubbies!!!

Back on Topic:

As far as my opinion goes, I see no point in writing an essay that supports my thoughts on this matter. I was addressing the issue of the tackling systems in APF vs that of the Madden demo. I stated my thoughts, not everything has to be spelled out in a thousand words or more!!!

By the way, go Lowell Red Devils!!!!

PSN: hoos4974
Old 08-02-2009, 06:49 PM   #30
Banned

BLBxLakers24's Arena

OVR: 4

Pro Tak is a GIMMICK! Same thing EA does every year just to keep ppl interested. Biggest thing Madden has ever added was Hit Stick and Truck Stick.
Old 08-02-2009, 07:24 PM   #31
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLBxLakers24
Pro Tak is a GIMMICK! Same thing EA does every year just to keep ppl interested. Biggest thing Madden has ever added was Hit Stick and Truck Stick.
Come on, man. We don't need this in here. If you're gonna compare them, make it substantive. It's not a gimmick, imo, as it attempts to replicate the possibility of swarming and dynamic tackles. I've seen some pretty nice, varied animations in the tackle system already, and I like the possibility that I can be stood up by two guys and have a 3rd, 4th, or 5th pile on, go for the strip, whatever.

I saw an OL push a HB forward yesterday. That was dope. Hadn't seen that one before.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2009, 07:40 PM   #32
Banned

OVR: 32

Quite as kept Madden 09 has some great tackle animation. If pro tak can improve then Madden series is a step closer to being a more dynamic and less scripted football game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »