Home

Convince 2K sports to license the All Pro engine

This is a discussion on Convince 2K sports to license the All Pro engine within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-19-2009, 07:37 PM   #9
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Convince 2K sports to license the All Pro engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brassman
This response verifies a main point of my original post. Today's mainstream players, especially those who grew up playing football on gaming consoles, are fine with the current crop of games.
As someone who grew up playing football on gaming consoles, this statement is categorically incorrect.
Old 12-20-2009, 09:19 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
As someone who grew up playing football on gaming consoles, this statement is categorically incorrect.
I second that. I've stopped playing football games completely. EA got my money one time since 2003. I bought Madden 10 thinking that EA might actually have made something worth playing. I sold it 3 days later for 50 bucks. I'd rather play Tecmo Bowl than Madden. At least the blocking is actually realistic and I don't see my line running around in circles.
Old 12-21-2009, 03:18 AM   #11
Banned

i will 3rd it. I am 33 and i played football gaming since the beginning. I bought 09 and that was a mistake, didnt buy it this year. I am waiting for some company to show up and make a decent football sim.

I still stand by 2K dropping NHL and making a football game. I think its coming.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2009, 04:02 AM   #12
MVP

Artman22's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcxiv
i will 3rd it. I am 33 and i played football gaming since the beginning. I bought 09 and that was a mistake, didnt buy it this year. I am waiting for some company to show up and make a decent football sim.

I still stand by 2K dropping NHL and making a football game. I think its coming.
I know you're a MOD at 2ksports. Do you know anything or have you heard anything about a football game?
Old 12-21-2009, 08:57 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 4

Hey everyone. I'm sorry if I've offended anyone here with my mainstream gamer comments. You see, it's just that I don't consider anyone that plays and appreciates All Pro 2K8 to be "mainstream". Like everyone here I have a passion for football games and am just tired of being continuely disapointed. I have played football games, in one form or another, since 1963. I purchased my first PC just to play a football game (NFL Challenge by XOR) and with three sons into football gaming I've bought more games, on more platforms, than even I want to admit. I had imagined that by 2010 we'd be in football gaming heaven but sadly that's not the case. Madden 10 is a very good, but flawed game. All Pro was a very good, but incomplete and under supported game. All I was saying in my post was that I wished someone would pick up the game that 2K fumbled away and head for the end zone. That said, I think we can all agree on some key points. First, we all appreciate what 2K sports was able to accomplish with it's football franchise, especially 2K4, 2K5 and All Pro and that we wish they would continue making football games. Even if they could only use fictional teams and players. That All Pro was a a ground breaking game that was inexcusably limited in scope and left to wither and die. And last, that we all wish someone would "get it" and take the time to make, and then support, a complete game for football enthusiest like us.
Old 12-21-2009, 01:50 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 27

I don't think this would be as a simple as just selling an in-house engine. It's not like a Natural Motion situation. Like EA, 2K uses various systems that make up their "engine". I know for a fact that for the 2K10 games 2K had been using Moven. EA uses Moven as well and used it in Madden 10.

What it comes down to is how you use a system and not always the system itself. EA has a different style and approach than 2K. I have likes and dislikes of both.

If 2K were to make another football game, which I'm highly skeptical of, and for the game to be what we want it to be they'd have to assemble the original team. Thing is, most (like 98% or greater) of the original 2K5 team worked on APF. That's why a lot of the concept design decisions left me scratching my head... they were so brilliant before APF, and then they started to do loopy stuff. Why they decided to ignore legitimizing the league is one that I'll never understand but one that I'm sure they regret now... just the overall structure and image of it was so unbelievably bad that had I never seen it and someone was telling me about it, I would've called that person a liar.

If they aren't going to either legitimze the image of the league and game, or give true full customization (loading in logos, a sensible uniform code trading system, etc.), then I say to 2K: don't bother. I don't need a franchise mode because I'm not a franchise guy, but I do need what I'm playing to feel believeable and I certainly don't need to have my eyes disgraced by default uniforms that look like they were created by Kindergartners who of course have no concept of color coordination.
Old 12-21-2009, 04:56 PM   #15
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art1bk
I know you're a MOD at 2ksports. Do you know anything or have you heard anything about a football game?
i havent, they just ignore me now when i ask about it, but before they used to tell me, there wasnt nothing but its not abandoned. lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2009, 07:13 PM   #16
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcxiv
i havent, they just ignore me now when i ask about it, but before they used to tell me, there wasnt nothing but its not abandoned. lol
I'd be surprised to find out they have any immediate plans for a football game as they have done absolutely nothing to support their current football fan base. IMHO the lack of an answer is due to the fact that they just don't care about the football fans at all as there is no revenue stream there.

One thing that's consistent regarding every gaming company, regardless of EA, 2K, or other, is that they don't give a whit about gamers if they aren't going to be making money off them. It's a very short sited view, and one that costs them word of mouth and revenue down the road. Few companies understand how to engage their fan base properly.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »