Home

Convince 2K sports to license the All Pro engine

This is a discussion on Convince 2K sports to license the All Pro engine within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-18-2009, 11:00 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Convince 2K sports to license the All Pro engine

I know we all hope that by showing our apperciation of the game here at OS and sending supportive e-mails to the company that we can somehow convince 2K Sports to make another football game. But, I think that in our hearts we know that's not going to happen. First, the general public has shown that it is not interested in a genaric football game. No NFL license, no mass sales. Second, 2K would now have to spend considerable time and money updating All Pro to current standards as the game engine is over 2 years old. Given the current state of 2K Sports this will not happen. My New Years wish is that 2K would offer to sell a license of the All Pro game engine to an independant developer. Then, hopefully a developer whould come forward who's vision is to make a genaric, but very modifiable, game that true football geeks, like us, would embrace. Believe me. I"m so tired of spending $ 60 on incomplete games that I would be happy to spend twice that for a game that combined All Pro's on field gameplay with the GM and management functions of games like Head Coach, Front Office Football or Football Manager. Make it fully modifiable (rosters, uniforms, league size ... everything) including a complete, well thought out play designer and it would be the best $$$ I've ever spent. Now, port it to the PC where there is a huge void yet active support for a game like this and I think it would be very successful.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2009, 07:37 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 28
Re: Convince 2K sports to license the All Pro engine

And let me convince random rich guy to to buy me a porche. This is not going to happen. There is a .00000000001 percent chance of something like this happening.

This is just so out there, that i dont see it. One thing i do see is, that with the possibility of the NHL2K getting canned that they will use that money and put it into football. Heck, 300 Apf copies sold and its an unlicensed game. I think if they go fully customizable and use 2K share, they can pull way more money from the consumers then what a hockey game can do. Hockey doesnt have a big fan base. Football has a huge one.

I just hope this is what they do. I really do.
Old 12-19-2009, 08:01 AM   #3
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brassman
I know we all hope that by showing our apperciation of the game here at OS and sending supportive e-mails to the company that we can somehow convince 2K Sports to make another football game. But, I think that in our hearts we know that's not going to happen. First, the general public has shown that it is not interested in a genaric football game. No NFL license, no mass sales. Second, 2K would now have to spend considerable time and money updating All Pro to current standards as the game engine is over 2 years old. Given the current state of 2K Sports this will not happen. My New Years wish is that 2K would offer to sell a license of the All Pro game engine to an independant developer. Then, hopefully a developer whould come forward who's vision is to make a genaric, but very modifiable, game that true football geeks, like us, would embrace. Believe me. I"m so tired of spending $ 60 on incomplete games that I would be happy to spend twice that for a game that combined All Pro's on field gameplay with the GM and management functions of games like Head Coach, Front Office Football or Football Manager. Make it fully modifiable (rosters, uniforms, league size ... everything) including a complete, well thought out play designer and it would be the best $$$ I've ever spent. Now, port it to the PC where there is a huge void yet active support for a game like this and I think it would be very successful.
Wow. Join date 2003. 54 posts. Worst Post Per Day average ever!
Old 12-19-2009, 10:20 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2
Red face Re: Convince 2K sports to license the All Pro engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
Wow. Join date 2003. 54 posts. Worst Post Per Day average ever!
totally off topic but I think I have him beat.
Old 12-19-2009, 10:59 AM   #5

ubernoob's Arena

OVR: 24

I'm still amazed that the boards think there is a "huge void" or big crowd for a "sim" game.

Everyone that I've personally talked to loves Madden.

The sim crowd is a small one. Vocal minority.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2009, 01:34 PM   #6
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubernoob
I'm still amazed that the boards think there is a "huge void" or big crowd for a "sim" game.

I disagree here. Most of the casual gamers I talk to are growing tired of Madden.
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa
Old 12-19-2009, 03:51 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
I disagree here. Most of the casual gamers I talk to are growing tired of Madden.
Last year, i bought Madden 09 (why i dont know, but i did) My nephew (he was 10 at the time) put it in to play, he played a game then asks me, where is that other football game you play, its better. lol I was like, but this has your favorite team and players, he goes, the other game is more fun. lol True story.

My point was, that when you play 1 game over the other and you see how good 1 of the games actually is, you get sad.
Old 12-19-2009, 06:25 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubernoob

This response verifies a main point of my original post. Today's mainstream players, especially those who grew up playing football on gaming consoles, are fine with the current crop of games. I'm sure they'd prefer the games to be more flexible and produce realistic stats but they're OK with the new Madden. The major game companies know this. To their credit they've tried to please the sim crowd (Head Coach, ALL Pro) but these games don't generate enough sales. The sim crowd is small, by comparison. The AllPro game engine will soon be outdated, by current standards. Given this 2K Sports will not bring out another football game as major money would need to be allocated for 2k8 to challenge Madden on it's own terms. Yet, as a basis for a sim style game, where graphics are secondary to game play, it's still got legs. That's why we need a smaller developer to take an interest in us. Someone who doesn't need to sell 500,000 unit to make a profit. Maybe 2K Sports could realize some $$$ from AllPro by licensing it's existing technology. A small developer could then take advantage of technology it otherwise couldn't afford. I know, this is just a dream. Well then wake up everyone. In reality, we need to realize that discussing anything but strategy and tactics for the game we have now is a waste of time and energy. What we have is all we've got and the last one we'll get from 2K Sports anytime soon.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »