Home

Kanobi's Custom NFL2k13/APF2k8 Files

This is a discussion on Kanobi's Custom NFL2k13/APF2k8 Files within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-13-2012, 04:29 PM   #145
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: Kanobi's Custom NFL2k13/APF2k8 Files

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtkiii
Is this still XBOX only? Saw a copy for PS3 for like $2.50 at GS last week and I almost bought it because of these updates...but then I remembered it was tough to find for PS3.
Only for X-BOX 360. If you like realistic football gaming, not arcade trash, then it is worth getting a 360 for just this game. A 4-GB console is plenty good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2012, 08:24 PM   #146
Rookie

OVR: 0

I just sold my Madden 13..Do you have or could you make a Colts roster? I downloaded the one from ratesports 2k13 v3, but my team was all wrong. I would appreciate it. If not, thanks anyway
Old 11-21-2012, 04:09 PM   #147
Pro

OVR: 7

wha's up 2K Heads!! so i love me some APF2K8...love it. I recently stumbled across all of the info regarding the 2k13 roster project etc and i was blown away! very very excited about transferring the roster files from RateSports.com and will definitely be making a donation, no doubt. i do have a couple questions though.

so all 32 NFL teams are represented....which is insanely amazing. my question though is this: when starting a season, will all teams be available in the season mode? is there anything i need to know about how to make that happen? or can i only have a certain number of teams? One more question: i have seen a couple posts about the player ratings. do they need to be tweaked once i get the roster files?

my apologies for the noobish nature of my questions. i am stoked to get these rosters uploaded to to my xbox over Thanksgiving break!

long live 2K Football, baby!!!
GO BEARS

Cardinals suck
Old 11-21-2012, 04:16 PM   #148
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiCubs
wha's up 2K Heads!! so i love me some APF2K8...love it. I recently stumbled across all of the info regarding the 2k13 roster project etc and i was blown away! very very excited about transferring the roster files from RateSports.com and will definitely be making a donation, no doubt. i do have a couple questions though.

so all 32 NFL teams are represented....which is insanely amazing. my question though is this: when starting a season, will all teams be available in the season mode? is there anything i need to know about how to make that happen? or can i only have a certain number of teams? One more question: i have seen a couple posts about the player ratings. do they need to be tweaked once i get the roster files?

my apologies for the noobish nature of my questions. i am stoked to get these rosters uploaded to to my xbox over Thanksgiving break!

I can try to answer them, but others will probably answer better.

1. In season mode and play now mode, I believe roughly 6-8 teams are missing from the file, because that's how many are created in the game. In each file, it's obviously different missing teams, so pick wisely. Remember, just because there is about 24-26 teams in the roster, you can only play as 8 of them, so again pick wisely.

2. I believe WWBlue is taking on the task of changing the rosters of some teams. Ratesports are obviously a little outdated since they're from TC. Also, I believe due to the game, teams have way less players than a 53 man roster. So, on the Steelers I just have Redman and Rainey on my team.
Old 11-21-2012, 05:17 PM   #149
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiCubs

"when starting a season, will all teams be available in the season mode? is there anything i need to know about how to make that happen? or can i only have a certain number of teams? One more question: i have seen a couple posts about the player ratings. do they need to be tweaked once i get the roster files?"

I suggest you do NOT play the Season mode, because it will likely freeze in Week 11 and the Simulation stats are HORRRIBLE!! The Titans go 14-2 or better every season; sim a few seasons and see for yourself.

You can only control one team in season mode. Rate Sports has head-to-head files where you can play as 8 different teams. His season files, you can only play as one team.

You need to edit the player ratings if you want the game to play like the real NFL. Thank God that Rate Sports did the majority of the work of changing names and getting the NFL set up for us on APF. However, the ratings are generic and not at all reflective of how the real NFL players play. After all the work he put in, it should be up to use to enter the player ratings because Rate Sports has already done soooo much by himself.

I use this site to do my player ratings:

http://www.fbgratings.com/members/index.php

You may need to add a few ratings points to players agility and certain elite WR's Catching rating.

Follow these links to learn how to edit the rosters and save the ratings changes you make:

http://www.operationsports.com/featu...ll-2k8-editor/

http://www.operationsports.com/featu...8-for-dummies/

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ppened-13.html (Check Post #121)

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ppened-12.html (Check Post #113 to download Flying Finn's APF PC Editor)

I have 15 of the NFL teams player ratings written down in my Notebook. I have completely edited 8 user teams in rate sports NFC Alt.(MIN) file and it plays EXCELLENT.

I REALLY wish we could get three or four people together and edit rate sports files together, as a small, elect group of people so many of these files can get finished.

I am willing to write down the ratings of five more teams, so that would be 20 NFL teams ratings written down. And if a few people could do a few teams each, we could exchange the ratings between us and get a bunch of file done before we reach Christmas time.

If anyone is willing to do this and stick with it, instead of quitting half-way through, please send me a PM(Private Message). Thanks Guys for contributing to these forums!!

And one more thing, in APF, each team has 42 players on the roster, which includes a Kicker and Punter.

Have Fun!!

Last edited by WWBlue4; 11-21-2012 at 05:20 PM.
Old 11-21-2012, 07:02 PM   #150
MVP

OVR: 16

@WWB: My Steelers top 42 players, because it sounded fun to do!

QB: Big Ben, Leftwich, Batch
RB: Mendenhall, Redman, Dwyer, Rainey
FB: Will Johnson
WR: Brown, Wallace, Sanders, Cotchery
TE: Miller, Paulson
OT: Gilbert, Starks, Adams
OG: Foster, Colon, Decastro
C: Pouncey, Legursky

(22)

DE: Keisel, Heyward, Hood
NT: Hampton, McLendon
OLB: Woodley, Harrison, Worilds
ILB: Timmons, Foote, Spence
CB: Taylor, Lewis, Allen, Brown
S: Polamalu, Clark, W. Allen
K: Suisham
P: Butler

(20)

Last edited by at23steelers; 11-21-2012 at 07:13 PM.
Old 11-21-2012, 08:02 PM   #151
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by at23steelers
@WWB: My Steelers top 42 players, because it sounded fun to do!

QB: Big Ben, Leftwich, Batch
RB: Mendenhall, Redman, Dwyer, Rainey
FB: Will Johnson
WR: Brown, Wallace, Sanders, Cotchery
TE: Miller, Paulson
OT: Gilbert, Starks, Adams
OG: Foster, Colon, Decastro
C: Pouncey, Legursky

(22)

DE: Keisel, Heyward, Hood
NT: Hampton, McLendon
OLB: Woodley, Harrison, Worilds
ILB: Timmons, Foote, Spence
CB: Taylor, Lewis, Allen, Brown
S: Polamalu, Clark, W. Allen
K: Suisham
P: Butler

(20)

I have the Steelers ratings written in my Notebook. I just finished the Texans in my Notebook. Remember, to change names, this can ONLY be done in the Hex Editor. I only edit the players as they appear in Rate Sports file within the PC Editor. Therefore, the rosters are not exact. For example, there is no Leftwich in the file and no Mendenhall.

For Rainey, you can give him Mendenhall's ratings and attributes, but his name will still be Rainey unless you change names in the Hex Editor. I PRAY that Rate Sports gives us another update in June 2013 or in early-September 2013 to keep this game moving forward.

Have a good Thanksgiving and please let me know if you would like to help with my proposed roster project. Take Care
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »