Home

Why wouldn't someone be excited for this game?

This is a discussion on Why wouldn't someone be excited for this game? within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 01-29-2010, 09:33 PM   #65
t11
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Why wouldn't someone be excited for this game?

Honestly, the BB trailers look no more arcadey than this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfRWrwA9XbY
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2010, 10:31 PM   #66
Banned

OVR: 8

LOL, thats a go one.

+1,000
Old 01-30-2010, 11:47 AM   #67
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUChase89
I did say thus far. I didn't cut the game down and I didn't say anything negative about it. Don't try making it sound like I did. I guess you can't handle the fact that other people don't jump on the hype train over a few screenshots and some information on features. If you're excited, that's awesome. I'm just waiting till I have a demo, at least, before I start saying I'm going to buy it..

I dont see what your problem with that is. Heaven forbid we don't share the same opinion, right ?
Really didn't mean it that way. You're statement was the freshest so I just used it as an example of what I've been hearing-a negative or slightly negative tone about the game before anything concrete comes out about it. I think there is great anticipation about this game from the skeptics and the optimists.
Old 02-01-2010, 10:28 AM   #68
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfos81
Yes, it will be very ironic to see if EA benefits from any BB success. EA's already licensed the PhysX engine, why wouldn't they try to get both Morpheme and Euphoria, if its worth it.
Everyone always says, competition creates better products(incl. me).
So to BB success
Agreed.
Old 02-01-2010, 11:02 AM   #69
Rookie

OVR: 19

For years, I wanted the "Real NFL". I wanted to relive every moment in Madden or NFL 2k football as I saw it in a real game. Now, just give me real football. The hits may be a little over-the-top, but every down will be completely 100% different from the last. That is an unmatched achievement by all other football video game developers other than NaturalMotion.
Old 02-05-2010, 11:50 PM   #70
Pro

OVR: 13

no zoomed out cam = no buy
Old 02-06-2010, 12:30 AM   #71
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicio10
no zoomed out cam = no buy
MOVE FORWARD>>>>>>>>or be mired in MaddenMuck.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2010, 02:19 PM   #72
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

I'm just curious to hear from guys that say this game looks arcadish or like NFL blitz. What are you seeing that give you that impression exactly?

In the gameplay vids, I honestly haven't seen any over the top or crazy tackles, catches, jukes, or anything from the players. In fact, the jukes and catches almost look on the stiff side to me, like the player could have been a liitle more animated.

The controls are supposedly centered around the right stick. If you wanna do a spin move, you actually have to move the stick in a circle and imitate a spin. This doesn't sound like something that is going to be easy to pull off to me.

Also, the parts where you see the ball or players glowing is done in "arcade mode" from what I read or done to highlight how euphoria played a part in the tackle. There is a sim mode that removes the glowing features if I'm not mistaken.

The only thing left to me is the player models, which I'm not a huge fan of their pad design but I think will look 10x better with real logos and team colors on them be it NFL, college, your high school, whatever.

So is it one of these things that says arcade or something else that I'm missing?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »