Home

Re-creating The 2010 NFL for Backbreaker

This is a discussion on Re-creating The 2010 NFL for Backbreaker within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-27-2010, 01:17 PM   #9
Rookie

adamgod8's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Re-creating The 2010 NFL for Backbreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tito78
That's exactly how I feel. All they had to do was make a fully customizable game with 32 premade teams modeled after NFL teams and located in the NFL cities. They also should have made the equipment more traditional: the futuristic pads and visors on every player was a horrible idea.

The game would be much more successful this way.
Thats just asking for the NFL to sue them into bankruptcy. Not only does the license include the official teams, it also includes their "likeness."
Old 02-27-2010, 03:46 PM   #10
t11
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tito78
That's exactly how I feel. All they had to do was make a fully customizable game with 32 premade teams modeled after NFL teams and located in the NFL cities. They also should have made the equipment more traditional: the futuristic pads and visors on every player was a horrible idea.

The game would be much more successful this way.
You don't understand. This game is not trying to be competition with Madden. Therefore, they are not trying to be an NFL game.

How is having 56 teams worse than 32 with total customization?

I don't understand your logic.

And the law has changed since those days. That is why they stopped doing it.
Old 02-27-2010, 06:00 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

I hope someone will make an all time great roster, with the greatest teams of all time. That would be sick.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2010, 06:27 PM   #12
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamgod8
Thats just asking for the NFL to sue them into bankruptcy. Not only does the license include the official teams, it also includes their "likeness."

The NFL don't go after the text sim people who create 32 teams league, knock off names in the same city as the NFL..
Old 02-28-2010, 01:37 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamgod8
You don't use their "likeness". All NatMo would have to do is change a player's info a bit.

Take Desean Jackson for an example. You just give him a different name, and change his height and weight from 5'9" 170 lbs to 5'10 178 lbs and you're in the clear. With total customization the user can correct everything.
Old 02-28-2010, 02:33 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 19

Oooh, this is gonna be good. I can't wait to see how this game blows up the NaturalMotion servers on day one.It's going to be explosive! Millions of football fans online at one time.

Last edited by turftickler; 02-28-2010 at 02:42 PM.
Old 02-28-2010, 04:02 PM   #15
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by turftickler
Oooh, this is gonna be good. I can't wait to see how this game blows up the NaturalMotion servers on day one.It's going to be explosive! Millions of football fans online at one time.
You really think its going to hit a million(s) day one? highly optimistic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2010, 07:16 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 3

When 2K Sports did All Pro Football 2K8. They used the tag line "Total Team Customization". It really should have been called "Limited Team Customization".

Out of fear of an NFL lawsuit. They did not permit the user to have real NFL team names. You could enter "uniform codes" that resembled or matches your favorite team but you couldn't call your team, The Browns or Bears. The New York Jets became the New York J's.

Creating players wasn't as restrictive in APF. You could create any NFL player you wanted and try as best as you can to match the likeness of say, Ray Lewis. 2K only allowed the user to create a specific amount of players and teams. There was no way in hell that the user would be allowed to re-create the NFL.

I am looking forward to seeing if Backbreaker will have the same restrictions. They are also using the tag line "Total Team Customization" and bragging that they have Forza attached to their customization process. Which means that it will be unlimited customization basically.

Since, There is no broadcast in this game. Your team will never be referred to by name. I don't even think that there is a PA announcer in the Backbreaker stadiums.

Does BB have the guts to allow the user to re-create the NFL. I have noticed a few NFL like things in the Dev Diaries do far. A helmet and logo that looks very similar to a certain Atlanta based bird team.

The May release works out nicely for the users that want to re-create the NFL. Right after the college draft... Yes I know, NFL rosters in training camp are 80 players deep. But for the most part, The main players will be on each roster.

I am praying for a true "Total Team Customization". This may be BB's first and last chance to make an impact in this market. If they do it right, They can develop a huge following.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »