Home

Another example: Have you ever seen this in a football videogame? pic/vid in here.

This is a discussion on Another example: Have you ever seen this in a football videogame? pic/vid in here. within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-18-2010, 04:05 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Another example: Have you ever seen this in a football videogame? pic/vid in here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrikan
it will be a fun pick and play game for casuals...but it will also be chess match for knowledgeable football gamers.
In my opinion, all computer/video games should follow that formula:- Easy to pick up, difficult to master.
Old 03-19-2010, 01:19 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 23
Re: Another example: Have you ever seen this in a football videogame? pic/vid in here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wazzer99
In my opinion, all computer/video games should follow that formula:- Easy to pick up, difficult to master.
Easier said than done, usually.
Old 03-19-2010, 03:03 PM   #19
Pro

boooey's Arena

OVR: 14

maybe its just me but man, this game looks to be really difficult to play.

The on field range of vision just seems very hard to view, especially when you need to make split second decisions.. especially the defensive view.

Just look at the passing, it looks to be near impossible to really see your receivers well enough to see how much separation they have with the DB's.

I want this game to succeed more than anyone here, but man, i dunno. the on field cam has already been tried by 2k, and its just too hard to play the game this way.

and when on defense i want to be able to switch guys very quickly depending on how the play develops. I could see this being very confusing with the defensive view that is shown in the vids.

I heard that they are going to pull back the camera a little bit, and i really hope this is true.
Old 03-19-2010, 03:17 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by icomb1ne
As a football simulator, madden is probably better. But as a tackle simulator Backbreaker is in a league of its own which we all expected. Love how players interact with each other in other ways than tackling and blocking. I find a lot of other aspects of this game to be laughably bad. This game will be great to play friends for the "wow" moments that euphoria will induce. But after a couple of weeks when those fade away, this will have lost its value.
how and when will they fade away, when every single play is organic and fresh where u have no clue whats gonna happen next?? thats kinda the whole point of this game...theres nothing to grow tired of cuz it never does the same _______(insert whatever) again.
Old 03-22-2010, 07:30 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I disagree with some of you in here. This game looks like you can pick it up and play, but it also has so many aspects to it that it will also be a 'real football game'. What I mean is that my neighbor can come up here and play a quick game with me and we can have fun with all the stuff that happens. But when I play with some of my hardcore football friends online, we'll be having a little chess match. We'll have to think when we want to do something rather than just do it for the sake of doing it like in Madden.

I see this being like APF 2k8 in terms of gameplay, not longevity. APF had/ has a nice online community that is mostly football gurus who know the ins and outs of the type of teams they run. They know what their style can and can not do. I see Backbreaker having a community like that. It will have those online who want a casual game where they just want to play some football. It will also have those who have a strategy planned out from the get go and will have back up plans for each situation.

I also think the engine will add more to the game. I really enjoyed 2k8 and still have it, but I rarely play it anymore because they didn't have any real long time features and they limited the customization. Backbreaker supposedly has limitless customization that will allow us to make the team(s) of our dreams. And it also will allow us to use them in quick games, franchise, online, road to backbreaker, etc. They have their plan of how to keep us playing the game and I see it being a lot more successful than 2k8 ever was.

In short, Backbreaker looks to fit everyones needs. If you want to play it like an arcade game and go for all out blitzes and try and big hit everybody you can. But it also will cater to the crowd who takes time setting up the little things that will help them win. If you want to play this like an arcade game, by all means you can. But if you want a simulation football game, it also looks like it will offer that at the same time too.

From all the videos we have seen, this game looks to deliver more realistic gameplay than any other football game to date. That includes my beloved 2k5 and 2k8. From making cuts and limiting the view, to just applying the basics like gravity, momentum, etc. It appears as though its delivering the whole package. Now if you are expecting a deep deep franchise mode, you may be upset, but it will have a franchise mode that will be worthy to play for many seasons. This game won't be perfect, but it will deliver a realistic football game that can be played any way you want it as long as it a realistic approach.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2010, 07:51 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 55

I hope you are right, Canes. APF is my holy grail of gameplay. If this game even gets within sniffing distance of that, I'll be hooked for years.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Old 03-22-2010, 10:22 PM   #23

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I disagree with some of you in here. This game looks like you can pick it up and play, but it also has so many aspects to it that it will also be a 'real football game'. What I mean is that my neighbor can come up here and play a quick game with me and we can have fun with all the stuff that happens. But when I play with some of my hardcore football friends online, we'll be having a little chess match. We'll have to think when we want to do something rather than just do it for the sake of doing it like in Madden.

I see this being like APF 2k8 in terms of gameplay, not longevity. APF had/ has a nice online community that is mostly football gurus who know the ins and outs of the type of teams they run. They know what their style can and can not do. I see Backbreaker having a community like that. It will have those online who want a casual game where they just want to play some football. It will also have those who have a strategy planned out from the get go and will have back up plans for each situation.

I also think the engine will add more to the game. I really enjoyed 2k8 and still have it, but I rarely play it anymore because they didn't have any real long time features and they limited the customization. Backbreaker supposedly has limitless customization that will allow us to make the team(s) of our dreams. And it also will allow us to use them in quick games, franchise, online, road to backbreaker, etc. They have their plan of how to keep us playing the game and I see it being a lot more successful than 2k8 ever was.

In short, Backbreaker looks to fit everyones needs. If you want to play it like an arcade game and go for all out blitzes and try and big hit everybody you can. But it also will cater to the crowd who takes time setting up the little things that will help them win. If you want to play this like an arcade game, by all means you can. But if you want a simulation football game, it also looks like it will offer that at the same time too.

From all the videos we have seen, this game looks to deliver more realistic gameplay than any other football game to date. That includes my beloved 2k5 and 2k8. From making cuts and limiting the view, to just applying the basics like gravity, momentum, etc. It appears as though its delivering the whole package. Now if you are expecting a deep deep franchise mode, you may be upset, but it will have a franchise mode that will be worthy to play for many seasons. This game won't be perfect, but it will deliver a realistic football game that can be played any way you want it as long as it a realistic approach.
I hope your right and I think there will be a good chance people can make this "sim" If they want to by setting in house rules but, I don't agree with this. All the cuts I've seen have not been the best it could be. The back is to up right when making cuts. They don't get very low and I can understand If it is a big running back but, seen a average looking size back on BB and they seem to make the same cuts.

I've heard people say all the hits look like Blitz(when it clearly doesn't even the big hits) but, you don't have to even hit the ball carrier hard if you don't want to. I think I read somewhere that there is a is something like there are different hits like aiming high, low, or a torso(middle hit). You don't have lay the wood single down even though It probably will be possible to. I'm not saying this game can or will be completely sim but, I have a feeling people may be able to make this game as sim as they wanna make it.
Old 03-22-2010, 11:59 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Yea. The cuts are definitely not the best looking, but they are still being made and your players are not turning 90 degrees like in other games. And like you said, the game will be as sim/ arcade as you want it to be. I think once they tune the QB's accuracy on the move, and just standing still I think the gameplay will be pretty realistic. From what I have seen, running looks good and passing looks good. A true pocket hasn't really been seen, but I am okay with what is going on. I really wish there was a pocket, but I can live with what we've seen as long as elements of it can be tuned through sliders of some sort.

But so far, I am happy. Running looks challenging and realistic. Linebackers are actually making tackles unlike in Madden and NCAA and even the 2k games. DBs look like they have some of the minor flaws they had in 2k, but I can live with it. Overall, I am impressed and think its the most realistic gameplay we've seen to date. Of course thats my personal opinion and I know many will disagree.

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »