Home

No Injuries?

This is a discussion on No Injuries? within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-03-2010, 01:45 AM   #25
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: No Injuries?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
The go out and play some real football arument is plain stupid. Just save that, it doesn't even makes sense.

How it's implemented in other games is irrelevant as well. People keep saying BB's gameplay will stand on it's own merit. You can't have it both ways. No matter how you slice it, no matter how you and Jaybee and the others make excuses, it's still a glaring omission, especially for a game that was supposedly in development for so long. No injuries most definitely takes some of the luster out of franchise modes.

Still getting the game, still hopeful and optimistic on the game, but there's no way you can excuse away the fact that not having injuries or fatigue are big omissions.
I understand why they would be considered big omissions for some......but, imo, for the reason NM gave...I'm ok with it because I feel in the long run, they want to get it right.....which to them seems to make it realistic as possible and not a dice roll system....or having any other glitches that can come with trying to fake fatigue and injuries...

this whole process with them developing this game and talking about their tech and their vision of what they want in a football title, has really opened my eyes...

by them making that tough decision a while back, I would think it allowed them to focus and polish other parts of the game......and can work on expanding their engine with a fine foundation after release of BackBreaker...

So I personally can live with it for now, knowing that if they did try to force those features added a dice roll system....it could have affected other parts of the game as well as added glitches to the game.

like you know, players disappearing during the game.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2010, 01:55 AM   #26
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

They're basically making an arcade game and added a bunch of 'sim' elements so they werent written off as another Blitz-type game and completely turn off a good chunk of their potential customers. Yeah, I said it. That's the only possible reason there are no injuries or fatigue in a sports game.

I also don't get the 'omg injuries are dice rolls' stuff, players are lost for the season untouched and just making a CUT. This stuff just happens, the most gruesome hits can result in the two players getting up with no problems, the most benign hit can result in injury... but you're glad injuries aren't in because of a mythical 'dice roll'?

How do you envision injuries being implemented? Dice rolls SHOULD be all over the place, from dropped passes to broken tackles. Much like their tackle system, no two situations are the same, and it's the random elements and happenings that cause defeats to be bitter, and victories to be sweet.

Who knows though, in hindsight the news of no injuries or fatigue could be the first of many red flags as we near release. I hope I'm wrong, and we soon hear more about player progression, why they have a 'season mode' that they seem to have gone out of their way to not call it franchise, if there are even player contracts (like the awful madden online franchise last year) or if any of the other remaining holes that we don't know about this game that many are probably taking for granted fill in or not.

Last edited by mestevo; 05-03-2010 at 02:05 AM.
Old 05-03-2010, 02:03 AM   #27
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrikan
I understand why they would be considered big omissions for some......but, imo, for the reason NM gave...I'm ok with it because I feel in the long run, they want to get it right.....which to them seems to make it realistic as possible and not a dice roll system....or having any other glitches that can come with trying to fake fatigue and injuries...

this whole process with them developing this game and talking about their tech and their vision of what they want in a football title, has really opened my eyes...

by them making that tough decision a while back, I would think it allowed them to focus and polish other parts of the game......and can work on expanding their engine with a fine foundation after release of BackBreaker...

So I personally can live with it for now, knowing that if they did try to force those features added a dice roll system....it could have affected other parts of the game as well as added glitches to the game.

like you know, players disappearing during the game.....
the whole die roll explanation is another excuse. Injuries for the most part are random. They just happen. I'd rather have a "die roll" injury system than none at all.

I don't care why it's not in there, just as I don't care why many elements in other games get left out. It's not in the game, and in the game of football injuries are a major part of the game. Just as I get annoyed that EA's products don't handle injuries well, I am quite annoyed this game has none. It's does take a lot of the roster management strategy out of the franchise mode. Roster depth is completely meaningless in franchise/season mode now.

A title that's been delayed as many times as this has, and that's been in development this long should simply have more polish, imo. Maybe polish is the wrong term, it should have more core elements of the game I guess. If you know what I mean.
Old 05-03-2010, 02:06 AM   #28
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
They're basically making an arcade game and added a bunch of 'sim' elements so they werent written off as another Blitz-type game and completely turn off a good chunk of their potential customers. Yeah, I said it. That's the only possible reason there are no injuries or fatigue in a sports game.
still talking out of your arse, huh?

we'll see if you succeed and get this thread closed as well.
Old 05-03-2010, 02:08 AM   #29
MVP

mestevo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrikan
still talking out of your arse, huh?

we'll see if you succeed and get this thread closed as well.
You can't refute what I am saying, so you attack me, at least you're consistent.

I proposed why they don't have injuries, you're the one making it about me.

Last edited by mestevo; 05-03-2010 at 02:11 AM.
Old 05-03-2010, 02:17 AM   #30
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
the whole die roll explanation is another excuse. Injuries for the most part are random. They just happen. I'd rather have a "die roll" injury system than none at all.

I don't care why it's not in there, just as I don't care why many elements in other games get left out. It's not in the game, and in the game of football injuries are a major part of the game. Just as I get annoyed that EA's products don't handle injuries well, I am quite annoyed this game has none. It's does take a lot of the roster management strategy out of the franchise mode. Roster depth is completely meaningless in franchise/season mode now.

A title that's been delayed as many times as this has, and that's been in development this long should simply have more polish, imo. Maybe polish is the wrong term, it should have more core elements of the game I guess. If you know what I mean.
I think a very few amount of injuries should use the dice roll system....other wise physics, situation, height & weight, and other stuff should be the reason some should get injured.

as far as roster management strategy being meaningless, like others has mention it will still be needed if your players are struggling....or if you are playing a team that you don't necessary match up well with...then you might need to start different players on your roster.

I understand for some having a dice roll system is better than nothing....but for me, if glitches that happen in Madden are because of the fatigue or injury code....then I would rather live without it...

like I have posted before it is a game breaker for me......I'm talking about my starters disappearing.....not being found in the injury list or the depth chart.....it is just very frustrating and doesn't make sense.
Old 05-03-2010, 02:22 AM   #31
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
You can't refute what I am saying, so you attack me, at least you're consistent.

I proposed why they don't have injuries, you're the one making it about me.
imo, you are here to troll....

again this is what you wrote..

"making an arcade game and added a bunch of 'sim' elements so they werent written off as another Blitz-type game"

as if it is a fact....

and then adding..."yeah, I said it"....its as if you are trying to entice others......so I get the impression you are trying to get this thread closed like the other one......I'll admit had a part by choosing to call you out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2010, 02:30 AM   #32
MVP

mestevo's Arena

I said that because that's like some taboo thing to say in this forum, 'arcade' with the 30 word answers when the BB devs are asked if it's an arcade or a sim game.

There was nothing wrong with my post until you decided to call me out on my opinion, if the thread gets closed it's all you buddy. If I wanted to entice others I'd just say the game will suck. I said 'yeah I said it' because that's what the game is shaping up to be, it's a bold statement that people really don't want to hear or realize/accept if they want the game to be something else, myself included.

If I am trolling, then report me and move on, derailing threads to call me out (especially when you're wrong) is I presume the wrong way the mods would like their moderating to happen. That's how threads get closed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »