Home

Gameplay alone

This is a discussion on Gameplay alone within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-26-2010, 02:23 PM   #57
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: Gameplay alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Hopefully, but something still has to tell them where to (try to) get to, etc. For example, how to get to their assigned zone or what hole or gap to take when sniffing out the run - or even whether or not to play run or pass (reading the play)

Things that need football intelligence as well as a good behaviors/animation engine.

If done right, BB or BB2 can easily be the most realistic/fun football game that we've seen. I know executing and profecting something of this nature will take more than one or two tries. As long as its not 20 tries like another game we know lol
Old 04-26-2010, 03:07 PM   #58
Banned

OVR: 25

My fingers are crossed that the AI on both sides of the ball re-acts real enough...But i just have little faith that a BRIT company is gonna get the "Xs" and "Os' right so that it is fun for an extended period of time.

No Injuries/No Fatigue HURTS the "SIM" aspect as NOT having those elements SCREAMS ARCADE game...But we will all find out soon enough.

My hopes are just not at all high for BB...which I REALLY want to be a great GAME THAT REALLY BRINGS SOMETHING DIFFERANT and isnt the SAME GAME we have played OVER and OVER for years.

Last edited by SA1NT401; 04-26-2010 at 03:28 PM.
Old 04-26-2010, 03:57 PM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
My fingers are crossed that the AI on both sides of the ball re-acts real enough...But i just have little faith that a BRIT company is gonna get the "Xs" and "Os' right so that it is fun for an extended period of time.
I really am sick of people claiming that a non American company couldnt possibly get the mechanics of a football game right. Nationality has nothing to do with someone knowledge of a sport. The devs have already said they have experts and coaches help them out and that the team themselves are huge American football fans. So please quit with the "They cant do it right because their British."
Old 04-26-2010, 10:05 PM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 2

if the sim experience in this game is lackluster, I can;t see it pulling me away from madden on a regular basis
Old 04-26-2010, 10:29 PM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 5

I feel that sim gameplay is much more apparent in backbreaker than Madden. While Madden has injuries and fatigue, the actual gameplay just isn't sim. There have been so many times where I have a good angle on the ball carrier, I go for the hit-stick and the game makes my player whiff the ball carrier. Backbreaker has real physics and I don't think this game will cheat you out of plays the way Madden does.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2010, 11:34 PM   #62
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedude213
I feel that sim gameplay is much more apparent in backbreaker than Madden. While Madden has injuries and fatigue, the actual gameplay just isn't sim. There have been so many times where I have a good angle on the ball carrier, I go for the hit-stick and the game makes my player whiff the ball carrier. Backbreaker has real physics and I don't think this game will cheat you out of plays the way Madden does.
Exactly. The plays you make in BB will be yours, the outcomes completely dependent on your football knowledge and instincts.
Old 04-26-2010, 11:37 PM   #63
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedude213
Meanwhile with Backbreaker's lack of fatigue and injury, someone can just run the ball with a good back over and over again, the entire game. Sounds like sim to me!

Madden's hit stick is a higher risk tackle, with both the risk of going high/low and being hurdled/shrugged off depending on the AI/PC reaction, and the penalty for missing or being avoided pretty much taking you out of the play.

I wouldn't put this on them being foreigners, because almost every sports game ever created wouldn't be very good if they didn't have fatigue or injuries.

I think you guys are getting away from the 'gameplay alone' premise the thread proposed.
Old 04-26-2010, 11:42 PM   #64
t11
Rookie

OVR: 6

Guys... Seriously... How many times does someone have to say this?

Euphoria is not a game engine. It does not control the AI. It does control all contact situations.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »