Home

Demo Release Date Confirmed

This is a discussion on Demo Release Date Confirmed within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-06-2010, 08:43 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Demo Release Date Confirmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndhusker90
It was in regard to the demo coming out shortly before release.(unless you're a ps3 owner...in which case, after release)
Well, they said as much at the conference call, although nothing about the PS3 version coming out afterwards.
Old 05-06-2010, 09:03 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 19

Either way, as a PS3 owner, I planned on renting from Blockbuster video before buying.

From a marketing point, I would want to get a demo of my product out as soon as possible to get consumers to purchase before the EA giant release's the demo of their college product a few weeks after my full-game launch.
Though some gamers have the money to spend on both, MOST gamers in this economy will have to choose between the two.

"And as jacked-up the college game has been thus far, we still luv's us some college football"

For some reason, I just got this nagging feeling about this game with the way the demo release is being done. Something just is not right about how this is being done.

Not good marketing at all.
Old 05-06-2010, 09:10 PM   #19
Rookie

capn_razzamataz's Arena

OVR: 10

I'd honestly rather have it like this than the EA's whole month-before-release deal where people can use the excuse "Oh, this is just an older build. The final game will be perfect! Trust me!" for every fault somebody finds in the demo.

Plus it's not like natural motion has a bunch of people they can take off of tuning/tweaking/cleanup duty to work on a demo a few weeks in advance.

With that said it kind of sucks for PS3 people who pre-ordered the game, but hey, you can always cancel your pre-order until you try the game out. It's not like any store is going to sell out their entire Backbreaker inventory.
Old 05-06-2010, 09:27 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
Either way, as a PS3 owner, I planned on renting from Blockbuster video before buying.

From a marketing point, I would want to get a demo of my product out as soon as possible to get consumers to purchase before the EA giant release's the demo of their college product a few weeks after my full-game launch.
Though some gamers have the money to spend on both, MOST gamers in this economy will have to choose between the two.

"And as jacked-up the college game has been thus far, we still luv's us some college football"

For some reason, I just got this nagging feeling about this game with the way the demo release is being done. Something just is not right about how this is being done.

Not good marketing at all.
You're assuming this is Natural Motions doing, when it is most likely Sony's deal. Even MLB '10 The Show's demo was late, and thats Sony's own product.
Old 05-06-2010, 09:47 PM   #21
JEM
Banned

OVR: 18

I am of the firm belief that all demos should be out at least 2 weeks prior to the release date. It makes no sense to have it a few days prior or even after the release of the game.

Sony / MS fault or the devs fault it doesnt matter. They both need to do a better job.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2010, 09:50 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 6

I feel for ps3 owners.. when it comes to patches and demos.

Let's be realistic.. the game is done right now.. and there is nothing they can change in 2-3 weeks that will make a difference.

This game has been years in the making.

Notice how close to release and we hear almost nothing? This whole Month was ruled by Ncaa and Madden .. with some backbreaker thrown in here and there.. seems odd for a game that is pretty much finished.. and it's getting no publicity at all, not one reviewer even has a "late beta" or final copy.

This should have been back breakers two months of glory.. but Ea stole the show once again.

Seriously think about it.. you have a game you worked on for years.. and it's finally done this "new technology" yet there is nothing to be found.. Madden being released in August has more videos than in the 3 years they've been making this game!

Buyer beware- There's a reason not one of the major review sites that even have the "latest build" let alone the finished product.-

Xbox 360 owners will at least get a chance to cancel if the game blows... since the demo is supposed to be out 3 days before release.

Hopefully us on the 360 can tell you if the game is garbage or not so you don't have to waste your cash.

Good luck guys just got a bad feeling about this game.. I'm keeping hopes down a bit so I'm not disappointed.
Old 05-06-2010, 11:08 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuttyrich
Buyer beware- There's a reason not one of the major review sites that even have the "latest build" let alone the finished product.-

Xbox 360 owners will at least get a chance to cancel if the game blows... since the demo is supposed to be out 3 days before release.

Hopefully us on the 360 can tell you if the game is garbage or not so you don't have to waste your cash.

Good luck guys just got a bad feeling about this game.. I'm keeping hopes down a bit so I'm not disappointed.
I'd only get worried if the XBox demo DIDN'T come out 4 days before release.
Old 05-06-2010, 11:10 PM   #24
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

Not just PS3 but anyone with XBL Silver like me won't be able to get it until June 4th but that's after the game is out too. Also pretty odd to release a demo on a friday.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »