Home

No reviews until 6/1

This is a discussion on No reviews until 6/1 within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-18-2010, 07:59 PM   #57
TIm
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: No reviews until 6/1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperVictoria
Wrong. It's smart marketing on BB's part.

They have much more to lose from bad reviews than no reivews at all.
Thank You!!! I soo glad you said that.. There are a ton of people that will not buy a game due to reviews.. IMO "Not this site" but most sites will not give this game a good score.. Reason being is there are No Injuries or Fatigue and no announcers. That will take a huge chunk away from the score alone with most of these sites.. Also let's face it, Not everyone likes the look of this game and without the nfl license, it is automatically thrown in the league of blitz... I just think most sites won't be able to get past a Non NFl game as a serious game.. Somehow, I think the BB crew is really confident in the product they have.. Another thing is the camera view.. It's not for everyone so that will deduct points.. Good move by BB IMO
Old 05-18-2010, 08:45 PM   #58
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by statnut
To be honest, I don't think I've ever received a game for review that didn't come with some sort of embargo, and many of them are the day of release.

Also, the embargo could be to give print magazines (what are left of them) a fair shot at timely publications, like the embargo on the preview event from a few months back.

This info by itself is no cause for alarm.
Was it gamerpops that you did the preview for? Are you getting a copy of the game to review? To be honest, I don't generally go off of reviews of games but I am interested in Steve's opinion as well as OSers like yourself.
Old 05-18-2010, 09:41 PM   #59
Pro

blackscorpion11's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
It's been reported from different places (from Steve_OS, and Pasta on Twitter) that there's a review embargo on BB until the release date. So what we know is probably all we will know barring some pretty impressive videos the final 2 fridays before release, and the demo hopefully landing before 6/1.

Since this topic has mentioned in other threads I decided to start one about this news.

Thoughts?

I guess I am just disappointed. It's pretty clear the only way the rest of the questions many of us have will be answered is by full reviews and information that don't come from NM. The (tea)spoonfulls of gameplay we've been getting aren't enough for anyone who isn't already buying it to make a decision, and people like me who really are just offline franchise players are even more starved for information and are waiting for the 'everything you expect to be in it is there' quote to be come true. Perhaps they'll have a media blitz the final week before release, would be great.

Good or bad more information needs to come out, with the release of RDR and UFC, probably 2 of the biggest games this quarter, the 2 weeks prior to release it's not a good thing for BB. The demo at best may not be out until the week prior, and if it isn't then we're looking at release day or later.

I agree with the spoon-fed info thing..

I'm still waiting on A.I. information, will the defense cover??? or will it be a slant-fest for robo qb's?
Old 05-18-2010, 10:01 PM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 6

BB is the last game that should be issuing an embargo

unless they dont want something to get out...
Old 05-18-2010, 10:04 PM   #61
Pro

blackscorpion11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIm
Thank You!!! I soo glad you said that.. There are a ton of people that will not buy a game due to reviews.. IMO "Not this site" but most sites will not give this game a good score.. Reason being is there are No Injuries or Fatigue and no announcers. That will take a huge chunk away from the score alone with most of these sites.. Also let's face it, Not everyone likes the look of this game and without the nfl license, it is automatically thrown in the league of blitz... I just think most sites won't be able to get past a Non NFl game as a serious game.. Somehow, I think the BB crew is really confident in the product they have.. Another thing is the camera view.. It's not for everyone so that will deduct points.. Good move by BB IMO

thats why i only trust reviews on OS, for gamers , by gamers!! IGN will have some guy or gal who plays Warcraft all day , review the football game!

can't truss it!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2010, 10:25 PM   #62
Pro

blackscorpion11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
What's the point in franchise when there are no injuries though?

Point taken, But we play APF with injuries but no franchise? Why? because it has the best gameplay engine currently...

I want a complete experience but i'll give em a pass on the first go round.
Old 05-18-2010, 10:36 PM   #63
Pro

statnut's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
Was it gamerpops that you did the preview for? Are you getting a copy of the game to review? To be honest, I don't generally go off of reviews of games but I am interested in Steve's opinion as well as OSers like yourself.

I did do the preview for gamerpops (and in fact wrote an article yesterday on why I'm cautiously excited for Backbreaker). I'll be getting a copy of the game, and will be sure to relay my review of it.
Old 05-18-2010, 11:18 PM   #64

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIm
That is exactly how I feel which is why I won't be watching any of the IGN, gamespot, and other huge gaming sites. I trust OS reviews and a couple of guys on youtube(Versus, Apex, Moody). The 3 stooges is who I trust to really hit deeply on the gameplay side of things good or bad.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »