Home

Early Backbreaker Impressions (Pastapadre)

This is a discussion on Early Backbreaker Impressions (Pastapadre) within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-29-2010, 05:19 AM   #81
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Early Backbreaker Impressions (Pastapadre)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue678
I just wonder when you claim to have a game built on customization how can you not allowing editing of player ratings, have no create a player and not allow the user to pick their own quarter length? Don't claim "great customization" if that is the case. A fantastic logo editing and uniform editor by themselves do not equal "great customization."

The devs dropped the ball on what could have been an incredible game IMO.
Well if this is true then that comment just sealed the deal for me.....

No way in hell can I pick up this game without being able to edit my own player ratings........

You can't even make the CPU players smarter to jump start their offense...

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2010, 05:24 AM   #82
Pro

blackscorpion11's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman990
Yes, pasta had some valid points, but I cant help but wonder how the review would have read if it had been another game, and what the ending score might have been. I have a feeling it would be 2 pages of positives, and these negative issues would be squeezed in a small paragraph somewhere.

My point is, I dont feel any credit was given to what this game has done right, and acomplished. The gameplay and physics are simply in another world. Its sad they really got no credit at all.

He lied by omission, he spent several pargraphs bashing the game and one positive sentence on the physics..But he has the right to his opinion..I personally dont see what the big deal is, other games have flaws at release and get patched..why not this one?
Old 05-29-2010, 05:28 AM   #83
Pro

blackscorpion11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrikan
well, I don't know if that last sentence was directed to me....but its not about blaming him for anything....its just that from my time playing the game...the CPU is not as easy as he claims.....so I'd love to see him play, it wouldn't be that hard...he has put up videos in the past, I believe.

now from streams I've seen from full games....the CPU does make stupid decisions late in games...mainly the draw plays in key long situations.....that needs to be fix and should easily be fixed....

for now I think a setting of Medium, with Human's player form low...might cause less interceptions.....but I'll find out tomorrow morning...

I think the Hard setting might be too hard for the CPU's QB against the AI defensive teammates of the Human......if that makes sense...lol.

but yeah, if anyone is part of Pasta's website, ask him to put up videos of him beating the computer....with the weakest teams...lol.

I thought about it and ive never played a game on its highest setting and never lost... lowers his impressions credibility

Last edited by blackscorpion11; 05-29-2010 at 05:58 AM.
Old 05-29-2010, 05:36 AM   #84
MVP

boritter's Arena

OVR: 31

Pasta is just the messenger. 90% of what Pasta claims has been verified by playing the demo or documented on other sites and forums. Attacking Pasta or saying he is pro-EA does not change the fact that Backbreaker has serious deficiencies.
Old 05-29-2010, 05:53 AM   #85
Pro

blackscorpion11's Arena

This game ships with 60 teams right???? how can all of them be cupcakes?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2010, 06:16 AM   #86
All Star

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackscorpion11
This game ships with 60 teams right???? how can all of them be cupcakes?
The highest is rated 78/100 if i recall correctly.
Old 05-29-2010, 06:49 AM   #87
MVP

OVR: 34

Form your own opinions...if YOU are personally liking the game, and are finding it enjoyable and challenging, that is all that matters.
Old 05-29-2010, 08:15 AM   #88
Pro

steez3's Arena

OVR: 11

does anyone know if your playing the road to BB or just a season, if your team and other teams get better over time? will the cpu teams ratings go higher if they win a bunch of games?? All these impressions are from just exhibition games? Since the game comes out today it doesnt really matter but I woulda liked to see people playing the other game modes and comparing the games from exhibition to road to BB

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »