Home

Early Backbreaker Impressions (Pastapadre)

This is a discussion on Early Backbreaker Impressions (Pastapadre) within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-29-2010, 12:02 AM   #57
MVP

OVR: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey
The other games represent football more accurately. No debate there. I should've known this game couldn't hold a candle to established products on it's first try. Yeah, there's some cool innovation, but that doesn't make up for several fairly extreme deficiencies.

I'm not getting into a flame war. I'll just say that what really stings me the most is the inability to share rosters and re-create the NFL. Well... it also stings me that BB's mo-capped animations are pretty terrible. Anything non-euphoria in this game is nothing to brag about unfortunately.

Again, I hope that online is really deep and fun because I do see potential for a lot of good times in that area of the game.
Whoa. Didn't know there were no sharing of rosters, or, more so, no ability to re-create the NFL. Another negative sticky posted on my BB marker board.
Old 05-29-2010, 12:03 AM   #58
MVP

OVR: 55
Re: Early Backbreaker Impressions (Pastapadre)

I can't complain about the fact that they let me really play the game before I bought it. I respect that. The truth is, they probably lost a sale out of be from it, but I do appreciate the opportunity to test the product before I lay money down.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Old 05-29-2010, 12:04 AM   #59
MVP

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyIM2
Whoa. Didn't know there were no sharing of rosters, or, more so, no ability to re-create the NFL. Another negative sticky posted on my BB marker board.
Well, I bet you could share rosters by jumping through hoops, but it won't be convenient.

The impossibility to re-create the NFL comes from the impossibility to edit players.

Anyway, I'm done talking about negatives with this game. It is what it is. I hope you guys have a blast with it!

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Old 05-29-2010, 12:30 AM   #60
DickDalewood

OVR:

Alright fellas, first and last warning:

Chill with the back and forth arguments about Pasta's credibility, and stop immediately with the Madden vs Backbreaker debates.

This is nothing more than one person's opinion about the game. If you don't agree with it, so be it, enjoy the game and move on. Same for those of you that DO agree. If this confirms your decision of not purchasing, then do the same, and move on.

Old 05-29-2010, 12:31 AM   #61
Rookie

sleepyeagle's Arena

OVR: 3

This has become a fairly controversial game, lol. It's really as simple as this, If the game is fun to you...buy it! If the game isn't fun to you, don't buy it!

I could care less about recreating the NFL, and I'm probably going to buy Madden too when it comes out. I'm buying Backbreaker because it's fun as shyt and I have the extra $50 to kick out for it.

We gotta get back to the REAL reason we buy games, to entertain ourselves!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2010, 12:38 AM   #62
MVP

swaldo's Arena

OVR: 20

Pasta just posted a comment that he just had a competitive game using a 26 rated defense against a 64 rated offense. His "D" still had 5 picks and gave up 17 points, but if he takes on Philly with the best offense then maybe there is hope?
Old 05-29-2010, 12:49 AM   #63
Banned

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaldo
Pasta just posted a comment that he just had a competitive game using a 26 rated defense against a 64 rated offense. His "D" still had 5 picks and gave up 17 points, but if he takes on Philly with the best offense then maybe there is hope?
Ive heard if you play the harder teams, then its a challenge. So, at least we know this can be fixed in the future. It sounds like they need to make the current modes change to very easy, easy, and medium, and then create a hard and very hard mode for the better gamers out there who need the challenge. It could be a simple rating handicap, or boast to the computers ratings, what ever just as long as the game still plays correct and fair.

Last edited by wheelman990; 05-29-2010 at 12:51 AM.
Old 05-29-2010, 01:01 AM   #64
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue678
Agreed. I am still ticked about limiting the quarter choices, I have no idea why they would do that. I like to play 7 to 8 minute quarters normally in other games.

Same for me. 5 too short, 10 to long.
No sliders, no create player or edit player (I think I read that?), bad CPU offense, lack of choice with quarter lengths, no choice of camera option (I've been concerned about new camera playability for me since way back). I don't think I've read as much over on this board as most of you this week, but the bits and pieces I'm picking up, PLUS the lack of the damn PS3 demo are causing me to think twice about purchasing something I've been looking forward to for 2-3 years. I can see from gameplay vids that there is plenty to like, but do the significant issues wipe out the overall replay value and fun factor? **Offline gamer only. Franchise guy.

Edit a couple minutes later: I'm so tired of how boring Madden has become that I WILL go buy this game as it will, if nothing else, act as a "vote" or a "tally" for the "other guy". I'll just choose to believe that I'll get enough fun outta BB and will have contributed to the cause. Yes, I'm a swell guy. Ha!

Last edited by jeetaa6; 05-29-2010 at 01:06 AM. Reason: Add a note

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »