Home

Anyone having 2nd thoughts?

This is a discussion on Anyone having 2nd thoughts? within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-29-2010, 01:06 AM   #33
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: Anyone having 2nd thoughts?

the only real disturbing comment to me is the offense AI...and I have played enough of the demo to see this reality. This is a fatal flaw to franchise mode that would desperately need a patch ASAP. The other stuff, while nice to fix, isn't a fatal flaw.
Old 05-29-2010, 01:10 AM   #34
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by foolish813
So I figure you think that 95% of Pasta Padres news and reviews being about EA products is just a coincidence. You probably figure he just hangs out at home in his pj's writing reviews in his mom's basement, even though he has been employed in the gaming industry for years. He is an employee. Maybe under the table but it is what it is.
Even in reviews of bad games you hear atleast the some good. He tried to totally debunk BB, because EA is feeling enough pressure to do so. There have even been tweets from Ian Cummings taking shots at BB.
My point is instead of upping their product, they choose to kick down the little man.
PastaPadre is anything but unbiased, I totally agree. I generally avoid his site and posts like the plague. But, given how the demo played, given what others who got the game early said, what he says seems to be on the mark. If BB is a game with big time deficiencies that's not on Pasta, or EA, or Ian Cummings. That's on BB and it's dev team. Some of you guys need to check yourselves. Everytime something negative comes out about this game, you blame everyone but the devs of the game. It's Madden's fault, it's EA's fault, it's the reviewers fault, etc, etc.

Now again, I am no fan of Pasta, but in his impressions what did he say that was false or not accurate? The AI issues are a pretty big deal are they not? He's hardly the only one to notice them. Don't get mad at him for reporting the truth.

Quote:
That little man is BB. That little man is you.
The sad part about it is that sometimes the little man has been kicked enough to love it.
Not this one, though.
Give it a rest, we're talking about video games. If you are going to "make a stand" for the little guy, do it for something worthwhile or something that matters.

Last edited by bkrich83; 05-29-2010 at 01:23 AM.
Old 05-29-2010, 01:12 AM   #35
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Puddy
the only real disturbing comment to me is the offense AI...and I have played enough of the demo to see this reality. This is a fatal flaw to franchise mode that would desperately need a patch ASAP. The other stuff, while nice to fix, isn't a fatal flaw.
CPU AI was my biggest concern. I still haven't given up a TD in the demo, now granted I did not put the time in to the demo some of these guys did, but I played it a fair amount.

This was the one thing I was hoping was different in final release.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2010, 01:19 AM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTPack919
I will enjoy the game for what it is. I guarantee that.

I'm with you 200%
Old 05-29-2010, 01:25 AM   #37
Banned

OVR: 2

I played the demo a lot...and have given up some TD's...but they've been few are far between.

and to be honest...I CAN'T stand EA for all the past poor products they have published year after year after year...but still...agree if this AI is a problem, then it's a problem...and yes the game developers are to blame for this, and I am hoping there will be a patch for it, because the game physics and gameplay are just that refreshing and that good.
Old 05-29-2010, 01:25 AM   #38
Banned

foolish813's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Give it a rest, we're talking about video games. If you are going to "make a stand" for the little guy, do it for something worthwhile or something that matters.
To point out every flaw and make it seem like there is no good, is shady business in my book. I am an editor. I see, read, and write tone.
And I dare not see you crying in the other game's forum in years to come, when you helped down trodden your best chance for any type of competition.

Goooo Pasta!!!
Old 05-29-2010, 01:30 AM   #39
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
To point out every flaw and make it seem like there is no good, is shady business in my book. I am an editor. I see, read, and write tone.
And I dare not see you crying in the other game's forum in years to come, when you helped down trodden your best chance for any type of competition.

Goooo Pasta!!!
You're an editor? I fear for our literary future.

Which of the flaws that he did he point out were not accurate? I am not fan of Pasta, his fanboyism or his site, but Shady? Please, in this case it does appear to be justified. Unless he was misleading with what he did point out. Hell it's not even a review, it's a first impression.

Why is it, whenever something negative comes out about this game, people like you blame everyone else, but the devs?

Quote:

Goooo Pasta!!!
How did I help trodden down the best chance for competition? Goo Pasta?

For someone who supposedly can read tone, you're not very good at it.
Old 05-29-2010, 01:31 AM   #40
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Puddy
I played the demo a lot...and have given up some TD's...but they've been few are far between.

and to be honest...I CAN'T stand EA for all the past poor products they have published year after year after year...but still...agree if this AI is a problem, then it's a problem...and yes the game developers are to blame for this, and I am hoping there will be a patch for it, because the game physics and gameplay are just that refreshing and that good.
All I was hoping for was improved AI over what the demo showed. The rest of the issues I could live with.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »