Home

Anyone having 2nd thoughts?

This is a discussion on Anyone having 2nd thoughts? within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-29-2010, 02:48 AM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Anyone having 2nd thoughts?

I just played a half of one game in RtBB (I'm too tired to finish). 10 minutes quarters, Pro/Hard. Seemed like a very different game in many respects, as the CPU threw only one pick and was able to move the ball pretty decently at times. I had about 70 yards on the ground and a few decent pass completions, but two picks and two huge sacks (all due to unfamiliarity with the controls and panic reactions on the sticks) kept me from getting a bit more done. I was leading 10-9 at the half. The game was very enjoyable, although some of the CPU playcalling and clock use was seriously wonky; e.g., three straight passes when they were on my one foot line, one being a screen that went incomplete backwards for a 10 yd loss. If it matters, I was playing the Omaha Cyclones (or whatever they're called).

Just one half of a game at the bottom tier of RtBB, but this was pretty encouraging.
Old 05-29-2010, 03:12 AM   #50
Banned

foolish813's Arena

OVR: 7

Can u imagine, if we were all having input into what would be OS Football 2011. There would probably be a holy war. Present gen Maddeners vs old gen Maddeners vs Backbreakers vs APfootballers vs 2K5ers. I would just duck and run. Luckily, or maybe not, this isn't the current case. I think we all have valid points. Second thoughts... not for me. I want to value the experience of trying BB right out of the gate. I have already made my mind up not to buy the other option new. Hoping my idea will fuel the fire and make all companies better for video footballaholics.
Old 05-29-2010, 04:22 AM   #51
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by foolish813
Can u imagine, if we were all having input into what would be OS Football 2011. There would probably be a holy war. Present gen Maddeners vs old gen Maddeners vs Backbreakers vs APfootballers vs 2K5ers. I would just duck and run. Luckily, or maybe not, this isn't the current case. I think we all have valid points. Second thoughts... not for me. I want to value the experience of trying BB right out of the gate. I have already made my mind up not to buy the other option new. Hoping my idea will fuel the fire and make all companies better for video footballaholics.
I actually think if EVERYONE put their heads together for input for a football game, we could make the perfect game (or as close to perfect as you can make a football game).

I think, while we are all fans of different versions of football, we all want a perfect game. I think if you used Madden's graphics and controls (with options to customize controls obviously) with Backbreaker's Euphoria and 2K's gameplay and presentation, I think a majority of people would be happy with the product. We all just want to play a great football game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2010, 05:30 AM   #52
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by GymRat
Remember, most if not all of the issues will be patched.
This is the biggest problem in today's sports video world

Does anyone ever make a game and test it anymore before releasing it half broken...............

It's like these companies waite for us to buy the game then do all of their QA testing and 3 months later deliver a patch that fixes maybe 1-2 problems.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 05-29-2010, 06:05 AM   #53
Pro

blackscorpion11's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTPack919
This needed to be highlighted and reflected on. It's a great point he brings up. There are times when we all need to sit back and realize these are all just video games.

People get too worked up and I just don't understand it.

Give what a rest??? this entire website is about voicing opinions? Opinions about sports video games!
Old 05-29-2010, 08:04 AM   #54
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriotsk1d
About 2 hours ago I planned to pickup the game tommorow for ps3. After reading Pasta's review and some other peoples impressions im starting to think about not buying Backbreaker.

What should I do? And anyone else having 2nd thoughts?
I would never base a decision I make on anything Pasta ever says, but after reading the Support and Feedback section at the Backbreaker forums I do have some new concerns. It appears this game has several issues that would need to be addressed before I would be able to enjoy it. The last thing I want is another football game that is only going to frustrate me. I'm going to Game Stop at 10:00am today, I have the game pre-ordered, I'll make my decision then and there if I want this game or not. As of right now 8:19am EST , I don't know.

Last edited by JMD; 05-29-2010 at 08:19 AM.
Old 05-29-2010, 08:38 AM   #55
Imperator

Anaxamander's Arena

OVR: 19

Some of the info is indeed disappointing and it makes me hope for a patch, but I'm not having second thoughts at all. Worst case scenario for me is that I can't deal with the issues and I sell the game on Amazon in a few weeks. Then I lose $5 or $10, which is basically the same as renting the game for that amount of time.

I'm basically looking for Backbreaker to entertain me until NCAA 11 comes out. We'll see if it can do that. If not, I'll just sell it. It's what I do with every game these days.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »