Home

Passing is atrocious

This is a discussion on Passing is atrocious within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2010, 08:53 AM   #73
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: Passing is atrocious

I totally agree pre-reading defenses and choosing a secondary target is keyanother key thing I finally got through my head was either take take the sack or run live to fight another play. I finally got my passing down by going to the tutorials and practice on the first two drills twenty times each until it became a habit to locate a secondary receiver and release the ball quickly the key thimh fot me was to release the focus trigger before I threw the ball that was my biggest hang up now I feel more relax in the pocket. Note do the other passing drills the same way after you've mastered the first two and use the drills as a warmup before each gm I promise you'll see a major improvement.
Old 06-10-2010, 09:17 AM   #74
Banned

OVR: 7

yeah coming off your number 1 rec. is key.
Old 06-10-2010, 11:56 AM   #75
Banned

OVR: 49

I dont care how good you are at all, passing in this game is horrible.

I was a huge supporter for the BB series, but I have to admitt some of the fanboys on this forum(and so much worse on the official BB forum) are really giving this game a bad name. If any of you actually want BB to make another game, or improve, I would suggest you loose the BB is perfect mentality.

We are all different, we all have opinions, so obviously theres going to be some that think this game is a 10/10. But to those people, you have read the reviews of the pro's, and most important the users. The majority have rated this game in the 5-6.5 range. How do you continue to argue this? Wake up and realize just cause you are 100% happy with BB, doesnt make it a good game.

BB has HUGE potential, but IMHO they shouldnt have released a half attempt out of the gate. They needed a game that would simply blow people away. To those that say first year games cant do this, there have been plenty of games that have done this in the past.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2010, 12:03 PM   #76
MVP

RaiderKtulu's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman990

I was a huge supporter for the BB series, but I have to admitt some of the fanboys on this forum(and so much worse on the official BB forum) are really giving this game a bad name. If any of you actually want BB to make another game, or improve, I would suggest you loose the BB is perfect mentality.

We are all different, we all have opinions, so obviously theres going to be some that think this game is a 10/10. But to those people, you have read the reviews of the pro's, and most important the users. The majority have rated this game in the 5-6.5 range. How do you continue to argue this? Wake up and realize just cause you are 100% happy with BB, doesnt make it a good game.

BB has HUGE potential, but IMHO they shouldnt have released a half attempt out of the gate. They needed a game that would simply blow people away. To those that say first year games cant do this, there have been plenty of games that have done this in the past.
And on the same note, just because you don't like it, doesn't mean it's bad.

If you actually pay any attention on here, the users reaction seems to be split rather blatantly between either "pretty good game with a few issues but a great foundation for the next one" or "OMG THIS SUCKS". So... yeah.
Old 06-10-2010, 12:26 PM   #77
Pro

OVR: 12

Does anyone else have problems with recievers randomly changing directions while running routes. I've had a bunch would-be TD passes turn into INTs because right as I go to throw my reciever the ball (before I actually hit the RS up) he will cut and run in a different direction into double coverage. It usually happens on quick slants. After the WR cuts and is running the slant he will be wide open but cut and run back twards the sideline on an outward slant. This usually puts them from wide open into double/triple coverage and the pass ends up an INT instead of a TD. I've also seen some deep fly patterns where the WR will randomly turn and set up for the catch instead of running the fly.
Old 06-10-2010, 12:47 PM   #78
Banned

OVR: 7

yeah danwei i had it happen alot. i think its a bug. if u throw it early he does what he wants.
Old 06-10-2010, 02:59 PM   #79
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue678
Sorry can't agree with this statement. Could it be better, absolutely, but I don't agree it is atrocious. The camera could be raised and it sounds like that might happen. There could also be a quicker way to check down to RB's and FB's.

I was really having a tough time when I first got the game passing, but the last several games I have played I have had 200-300 yards passing on multiple occasions and more TDS than INTS in most of those games.

The key to me is reading the defense pre-snap and selecting the best two options based on that. I find most of the time if you read the defense correctly pre-snap your primary receiver is usually open and if he is not your secondary wr is. Trying to look at three reads or more usually doesn't end well though.

I still get sacked a good amount, but the key is to not force passes and take your medicine with the high number of sacks.
It has almost nothing to do with me making poor choices. I either get sacked within 2 seconds, or throw to an open receiver just to have the ball overthrown by 5-10 yards. I've flicked the stick at every possible pressure sensitivity as I can, and still to no avail. Not to mention, it's tough looking to the 2nd read you want, considering you have to CYCLE through the receivers as if you're playing Tecmo Bowl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman990

I couldn't agree with you anymore. That's EXACTLY how I feel. Great potential for this game, but a broken, early release didn't do it justice.
Old 06-10-2010, 03:07 PM   #80
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by xNYGx
It has almost nothing to do with me making poor choices. I either get sacked within 2 seconds, or throw to an open receiver just to have the ball overthrown by 5-10 yards. I've flicked the stick at every possible pressure sensitivity as I can, and still to no avail. Not to mention, it's tough looking to the 2nd read you want, considering you have to CYCLE through the receivers as if you're playing Tecmo Bowl.

I couldn't agree with you anymore. That's EXACTLY how I feel. Great potential for this game, but a broken, early release didn't do it justice.
Switch to button passing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »