Home

The Ted Turner Memoirs Part 4: Rise Of The Powers That Be

This is a discussion on The Ted Turner Memoirs Part 4: Rise Of The Powers That Be within the Baseball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-04-2012, 07:32 PM   #137
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: The Ted Turner Memoirs Part 4: Rise Of The Powers That Be

Just wrapped up chapter one. What a ride! I'm sitting here in amazement.

From the ice cold April, to The Powers That Be, to Ted and his meandering back into glory, to the Crawford deal, to Kris Medlen, to the heroic return of Smoltz, to the dark parking lot, to being down 0-3 in the series, to the final video montage with Derek Lowe!!!!

lilbiggio, thank you.

Notice how I didn't want to spoil the plot in the above synopsis. No one, no matter how cruel, deserves to get this spoiled.

Chapter 2 and me have a hot date tomorrow afternoon.
Old 07-05-2012, 08:18 PM   #138
MVP

Just finished Chapter 2.

Brilliant. Damn brilliant.
Old 07-05-2012, 10:31 PM   #139
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroesandvillains
Just wrapped up chapter one. What a ride! I'm sitting here in amazement.

From the ice cold April, to The Powers That Be, to Ted and his meandering back into glory, to the Crawford deal, to Kris Medlen, to the heroic return of Smoltz, to the dark parking lot, to being down 0-3 in the series, to the final video montage with Derek Lowe!!!!

lilbiggio, thank you.

Notice how I didn't want to spoil the plot in the above synopsis. No one, no matter how cruel, deserves to get this spoiled.

Chapter 2 and me have a hot date tomorrow afternoon.
Thanks for reading man, I promise when everything start to hit the fan by the end of this thread it's all going to make sense.

Quote:
I'm starting to smell a World Series repeat.

You know it's starting to look that way, except for one little thing. The New York Yankees may not get out of Boston alive. Game 6 of the ALCS would go to the Red Sox as they took it convincingly 9-3 behind the strong start of Josh Beckett and a 2 run jack down the right field line by Jose F'n Iglesias. I'm just going to make the executive decision to refer to him with the F'n from here on out because this guy is doing some unbelievable stuff this season to not have a face.

Like we've always done, we're not going to pitty pat around with things drawing things out for no good reason. Rather than go over the particulars of who hit two doubles, or who pissed me off the most... as you see the Braves won. As you also can see, Tommy Hanson now fitted with the Allen Iverson pioneered Armsleeve protected the elbow and pitched 2 innings of extra inning relief. As you can also see there were 9 errors.

This game was pretty lame no lie bros. Let's see? Jump out the gates to a 5-0 lead with things looking like game 1 all over again. Me questioning if the dfficulty should go up WHEN we go to the world series.

Oh screw me... never get ahead of yourself when on the sticks, its harmful to your focus.

Because all of a sudden the Cardinals started chipping away, and the errors started piling up. At one point we had an unearned run each inning.

Also demoralizingly, Pujols picked tonight to be a Hall of Famer. If we didn't walk him, he hit a homerun. He also reached on a error. It was as close to what the Cardinals needed from him... the only reason they lost had to be because the Braves had the last at bat. A fact that we'd lose that advantage had this series gone another minute.

Sometimes you win nice, sometimes you win memorably, sometimes it's ugly... but at the end of the day a win is a win.. and the Braves are going back to the Fall Classic. Now just to figure out who's going to be facing them. The Yankees or the Red Sox... let's just scroll this badboy down shall we?
Old 07-05-2012, 10:53 PM   #140
AC
Win the East

AC's Arena

OVR: 36

More... I WANT MORE!!
Old 07-05-2012, 10:58 PM   #141
MVP

OVR: 3

He drove with one hand on the wheel, another fumbling through the center console struggling to get a handle on a tall boy of Monster. Now why he didn't just look down and pick it up which common sense would ask, centered on the fact that it is hard to do two things at once when you are driving over 100mph on I-20.

He decided to look down to pick it up, and as his eyes darted down, he looked to his right and noticed a slight stir from the friend who had joined him on this long journey back to Georgia from Texas.

Quote:
Mystery Man
Hah, thought you were sleep.
He chuckled a little more before turning his attention back to the traffic and road in front of him. Of course he hadn't heard too much since they left Texas earlier today. Was that really a surprise? The man was bound up for crying out loud. Tied at the hands, a dirty red rag between his teeth, and bruises from being pistol whipped repeatedly adorned the right side of his face. Had he not had a filthy rag in his mouth for the past 6 hours, Frank Wren probably still wouldn't have said much because his head freaking hurt too much to talk anyway.

Meanwhile back in Atlanta...

Ted Turner saw the latest edition of Sports Illustrated and smiled a cheekish grin. The storylines were already starting. It took his mind away from the ongoing trial that seemed to be distracting him from the team. In year's past, Ted would be right there in the lockeroom drinking Cristal, and smoking huge blunts like everybody else.. but this year was different.

Quote:
The Red Sox had the best record in baseball and were pushed to the limit by their arch rivals the Yankees. Now the only thing left for them to accomplish is to take their 4 Ace pitching staff and All Star lineup into Atlanta and finish the job.

Quote:
Tommy Hanson has been out for the past 2 months. He had the entire NLCS to try to get into game shape inclduing throwing 30 pitches in a series clinching game 5. The Braves are concerned he is rushing to the mound at a time when the Braves pitching staff look to finally have everything figured out after a season of turmoil.

Quote:
Carl Crawford joined the Braves for the stretch run and helped the team secure a title in 2010. However a big pay day landed him at Fenway. Now thinking back just a bit, Atlanta fans were extremely loyal to their own even if they were only here for a short period.

Remember, Derrek Lee was cheered as an Oriole back in 2011, but that was the regular season and this is the World Series. Unfortunately Crawford is on the villainous Red Stockings and could get a couple of boo birds down in Atlanta.

Thanks to a ridiculous rule by Bud Selig allowing the All Star winner to host the world series, we will get to see very soon how classy the fans of Atlanta truly are. The 104 win Red Sox will be the visiting team for Game 1.
That last part hurts a bit. Usually HFA is a great, great thing to have. But could you imagine our lineup at Fenway park? Heyward? McCann? Freeman? Schafer? And Good-Conrad? We would have feasted in that fischer price stadium over 4 games. But now it'll only be 3. HFA kinda worked against us on this one.

Last edited by lilbiggio; 07-05-2012 at 11:12 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2012, 11:17 PM   #142
AC
Win the East

AC's Arena

OVR: 36

BACK STORY! I LOVE IT!

I NEED MORE!

Spoiler
Old 07-07-2012, 11:40 PM   #143
Rookie

wickedrumming's Arena

OVR: 2

Just read the entirety of the Memoirs (over the span of 2 days) and I must say you have some amazing stuff here, my friend. And it being about my Braves makes it that much greater.

Keep up the brilliant work.
Old 07-10-2012, 04:44 PM   #144
MVP

I'm all caught up!

Guess it's time to go do some real life things while awaiting the next update.

*sigh*

I'm sure while I'm walking the dog I'll be thinking of poor Frank...

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties »