Home

Blue Jays Baseball

This is a discussion on Blue Jays Baseball within the Baseball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-12-2012, 05:11 PM   #89
Rookie

Jakesparrow1008's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Blue Jays Baseball

I'm hoping to get my franchise started up soon. Do you think I should use Opening Day rosters or offseason ones?
Old 12-12-2012, 08:46 PM   #90
MVP

Bluejaysfan65's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakesparrow1008
I'm hoping to get my franchise started up soon. Do you think I should use Opening Day rosters or offseason ones?
That's completely up to you. Depends on which ones you think you will have more fun with...
Old 12-12-2012, 08:54 PM   #91
MVP

Bluejaysfan65's Arena

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2012, 09:10 PM   #92
MVP

Bluejaysfan65's Arena

Jays Acquire Worley, Two Prospects In Three Team Deal

Toronto -- The Toronto Blue Jays pulled off a three team trade with the Philadelphia Phillies and Pittsburgh Pirates. The Pirates are currently rebuilding their organization and shipped Travis Snider to the Phillies and receive Matt Dean and K.C. Dobson from the Toronto Blue Jays. The Phillies received minor league third baseman Kellen Sweeney and minor league pitcher Ryan Tepera along with Travis Snider from the Pirates. The Blue Jays got Vance Worley, a young started who had a great rookie season last year, along with minor league shortstop Tyler Greene and minor league pitcher Tyler Cloyd. The Phillies acquisition of Snider will help them to fill their void in left field and allow him to serve a platoon role along with John Mayberry Jr. Blue Jays General Manager Alex Anthopoulos also confirmed that recently acquired starter Max Scherzer is on the trade market and he is looking for possible suitors for Scherzer's services.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:20 PM   #93
MVP

Bluejaysfan65's Arena

Jays Sweep Marlins

Miami -- The Toronto Blue Jays swept the Miami Marlins to put an even bigger gap between them and the second place Boston Red Sox. Colby Rasmus ignited the offense in the first inning when he hit a solo home-run into the right field bleachers at the super ugly Marlins Park. When we asked what Blue Jays skipper John Farrell had to say about this series he said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Farrell
We creamed those guys in this series. The run differential could've been even bigger. We hit a lot of balls to center field this series and they all ended up dying near the track. Maybe it has something to do with that ugly thing they put in center field. Maybe the ball sees it and just dives down...
When Marlins manager Ozzie Guillen heard these comments, he was furious and responded with:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzie Guillen
That guy is an @sshole. He don't even know dat much about dis sport. What de hell does he t'ink that he's doing???
Farrell responded with this comeback:
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Farrell
You guys actually trust that man??? The guy can't even speak english properly and you think that he's right??? C'mon, do I have to knock some sense into you guys too???
This game marks the last interleague game that the Jays have on their schedule. They travel to Fenway Park in Boston to take on the Red Sox on Tuesday.

Last edited by Bluejaysfan65; 12-17-2012 at 05:38 PM.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:23 PM   #94
MVP

Bluejaysfan65's Arena

If the videos are really blurry, try adjusting the setting so that it's on the highest resolution. Not sure if they're actually blurry though...
Old 12-13-2012, 05:52 PM   #95
MVP

Bluejaysfan65's Arena

Just a quick standings update:

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2012, 07:16 PM   #96
MVP

Bluejaysfan65's Arena

Well, the highlight reel for this game got corrupted so I'll just do a news update.

Jays Beat Red Sox, Extend Win Streak To 11

Boston -- The Toronto Blue Jays swept the Boston Red Sox on Wednesday afternoon and extended their season-high win streak to a total of 11 games. The win puts the Jays 7.5 games above the second placed Red Sox in the American League East standings. Brett Lawrie collected three hits in four atbats including a solo homerun in the top of the 8th. J.P. Arencibia also contributed to the offense as he hit a 2 run home-run in the top of the 5th and a solo home-run to pad the lead in the top of the 9th. The entire team helped newly acquired starter Vance Worley earn his first win in a Jays uniform. When we asked Worley how he got his number 49 jersey from Brad Lincoln, he said this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vance Worley
Eh, I kinda bribed him. You could just say that I bought the number right off his back.
When Lincoln was warming up in the bullpen during the 5th innings, he was spotted wearing a jersey with number 50 on it. That should be fine until that Jays re-call Steve Delabar from Triple-A Buffalo and tell him that his jersey number had been taken.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties »