Home

Comeback Kings?: A Crimson Hose Dynasty

This is a discussion on Comeback Kings?: A Crimson Hose Dynasty within the Baseball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Who Should Be the Next Call-Up?
Xander Bogaerts 2 66.67%
Bryce Brentz 0 0%
Rubby De La Rosa 1 33.33%
Jeremy Hazelbaker 0 0%
Jose Iglesias 0 0%
Ryan Lavarnway 0 0%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-19-2013, 01:10 AM   #41
It's a New England Thing

CameRoN0407's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Comeback Kings?: A Crimson Hose Dynasty

Ben was headed to Mattis' office to give him the official scouting report on the BC kid when he overheard a phone call by Mattis...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattis on the phone
Yes, I heard the Mariners are extremely interested in Stanton and Garza. I want them. Ben and John don't want them, but I will get them. If Jack Zduernik, Bill Gates, or Trump get their hands on them, or even try to inquire, I will have to get you to deal with them. I'm sick and tired of the Mariners bull****. Alright, bye.
Ben waited about 3 minutes before entering the room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattis
Ben, good, go get me a coffee. Also, go tell sue to tell Don I want him to scout someone on the Cubs and Marlins.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben
Who are you scouting?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattis
Ben, Ben, oh little Ben. This is big boy business. Talk to me when you're a billionaire and able to run one of the top teams. Just go get me my coffee.

Team USA
Red Sox
Patriots
Celtics
Bruins
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2013, 10:11 PM   #42
It's a New England Thing

CameRoN0407's Arena

Very busy weekend guys, part of the reason I haven't been able to update. Between the whole manhunt news coverage yesterday, the game today (good win for Boston!) and the doubleheader tomorrow, I will not have any updates until Monday after 7. Hopefully I can get 2 games in then. Thanks for following!

Team USA
Red Sox
Patriots
Celtics
Bruins
Old 04-23-2013, 07:26 PM   #43
It's a New England Thing

CameRoN0407's Arena

Red Sox Send Down Bradley, Callup Carp

The Red Sox officially announced the send down of LF Jackie Bradley Jr. Bradley went .179/0/2 in 39 at bats. His defense, however, was above average in his few games in Boston, but that isn't enough to keep him in Boston. To replace Bradley, the Red Sox called up 1B/OF Mike Caro to replace Bradley. Carp went .262/1/4 in 42 ABs for Pawtucket. He was acquired in a trade from Seattle. He is expected to give relief to Napoli at first, and Gomes in LF.

**Ciriaco's value goes up. He is now a B potential instead of a C.

Team USA
Red Sox
Patriots
Celtics
Bruins
Old 04-23-2013, 10:01 PM   #44
It's a New England Thing

CameRoN0407's Arena

Spoiler

Well, it's Red Sox vs Royals at the Fens, as we look at a pitching matchup of Braden and Santana, E.

Let's get started, as Ortiz gets a fielders choice after Getz's throw to the SS was off. 1-0.

But the Royals would answer back with 3 straight runs in the second. 3-1.

But in the Red Sox would answer again, this time with bombs.WMB And Mike Carp in his first MLB AB with the Sox. Knotted up at 3 apiece. Now to the 3rd where Lorenzo Cain is up. Person on first and third and he hits one in, 4-3. Next AB Tejada hits it with 2 runners in scoring position and Ellsbury saves 2 runs on a dive! Making as rethink our plans for him. Now to the 3rd and WMB does it again with a double off the wall to score Ortiz and put Victorino on third and himself on second. Next at-bat Carp would score a runner on the sac fly and advance WMB to third. A groundout would end the rally 5-4 in only 3 innings.

Next inning, Ciriaco continues his hot streak: Gone. 6-4 for his first HR of the year.

Next half inning Alex Gordon would get a 388ft homer to right. Francoeur would score Perez from second to tie it up 6-6. A ground-rule double by Tejada scores Moustakas. 7-6. Escobar would score 2 to take a 9-6 lead. The strikeout to Getz would end it.

To the eighth, with an 11-6 lead for the Royals, the Sox bats would go ablaze. To save space, I'll give a summary. Ortiz hits a three run knock to make it 11-9. Pedroia, Gomes, WMB, and Carp would get an RBI while Salty gets two. 15-11 Red Sox is the score, as a 9 run inning would put us on top.

Into the ninth, Cain would score on a sac fly to make it 15-12. So Hanrahan would come in with 2 outs needed. Escobar grounds out to Drew, and Getz grounds out to Drew to end the game. Red Sox win 15-12.

Note*** Ciriaco left the game in the fifth with a hamstring injury. Luckily it was just a strained oblique, as I feared the worse, a torn hamstring. He'll only be out a day or two.

Team USA
Red Sox
Patriots
Celtics
Bruins
Old 04-27-2013, 01:45 AM   #45
It's a New England Thing

CameRoN0407's Arena

Ben took out his journal. He was made fun of by his higher positional peers for having it, and always called it "Ben's Diary". We have finally been able to tap into his diaries and intercept the notes, just for you, the fans. Ben has no knowledge, and neither will the staff. Here was his latest post:

April 25,2013

Well, as my suspicions are growing larger on the guy we call Mattis, I visited BC again today in anticipation of my future star prospect. I could see him as the next King in the MLB. But, I also overheard a phone call by Mattis, which was more peculiar than the one the other day. He sounded, very very mad, at someone. Not that that's unusual, but this type of fury stuck out to me. It sounded like a sibling argument, a grown-up sibling argument. But just more intense. The only reason I think it sounds like a sibling argument, was because he said "our mother" alot. I called my friend, Steve, to come here to try and intercept the phone call, but he was all the way in Japan on assignment. Anyways, I will have to keep that for future references as I will definitely be looking into that. But other than, all's going good. I'm getting praised for the Dodger trade, me and Lucchino are getting along, and Lackey isn't an MLB pitcher. That's all I have for now so, 'til tomorrow my journal.

Team USA
Red Sox
Patriots
Celtics
Bruins
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2013, 03:34 PM   #46
It's a New England Thing

CameRoN0407's Arena

Well, just look at this before I start...

">

30th in EVERYTHING! Not even the Marlins are worse! Well let's get this game against the Astros up. Harrell, a trade target by Ben, vs. Doubront, making his first user played start in the last user played game of the month. Lets get this started as Doubront put the 1-3 guys on base. And the cleanup hitter Carter is batting.

">

The Sox trade in 2 outs for the opening shot. 1-0. Next half of the first, Ortiz (currently holds the Triple crown with .392/9/now 30) hits it and Altuve stops it, but doesn't get a glove on it,

">

Victorino scores, 1-1. WMB up in the 2 ABs later, and hits it to right and Ortiz scores 2-1. Now to the third, Altuve up, and he hits it off the monster

">

Wallace scores to knot it up at 2. Bottom of the forth and WMB up to bat.

">

See it at the top of the pic? Blasted at 432 ft. Salty up next AB and,

">

Into the 'pen. Next AB;

">

Gomes with a no doubter! Back-to-Back-to-Back bombs! 5-2. Next in the 5th, Altuve bats,

">

5-4 now as there was a runner on first. Carter is up on the next AB and...

">

Back to back for them 5-5. Now to the 5th with Salty at bat...

">

His second of the game, 6-5. Now to the ninth, same score with Hanrahan on the mound. He gets them loaded with 0 outs. Strikes out Cedeno. Wallace up next,

">

Double play won it 5-6. We are now 19-3. Salty would walk away with POG honors with 2 HRs and 2 RBIs. Doubront improves to 2-2 and Ambriz gets hit with the loss, while Hanrahan gets his 9th save of the year.

Team USA
Red Sox
Patriots
Celtics
Bruins
Old 04-28-2013, 06:45 PM   #47
It's a New England Thing

CameRoN0407's Arena

End of month Recap

Red Sox 21-6- Have been on fire. Offense is working as a whole, and we aren't just relying on 1-2 guys. All 25 men have produced something, including standout Lester (6-0/1.83/43Ks) and Ortiz (.366/9/31). The Sox this year has just got the most April wins in history.

Yankees 15-13- have won 4 straight. They have been plagued by injuries to Tex, and Jeter, but both have returned to play. Cano (.297/4/23) has been the leader of the team so far.

Rays 13-14- have been mediocre. They haven't been able to produce runs. Their pitching Is, as usual, above average. The possibility of Wil Meyers coming up is very likely as he's been hitting .358/4/16 in AAA. If Meyers gets up and produces, expect a good year.

Orioles 11-16- have struggled to keep on pace. They have a team with the ability to compete. All players on the team have really struggled, including Adam Jones. If Davis, Jones, or Riemold don't get hot soon, expect a long year.

Blue Jays 10-17- Ah, the bandwagon seems to be emptying. One of the biggest let downs of the year. There is not 1 sole over .300 AVG. in 1 month of play. They need serious help fast.

Prospect of the Month

With a .348/5/20 line in AA, Bogaerts has been playing like a beast. The top prospect in the system, Bogaerts was expected to be good. He could be an MLB player by 2014. He should expect a AAA callup within the next few months.

Best Record in Baseball: Phillies 23-5
Best record in AL: Red Sox 21-6

Team USA
Red Sox
Patriots
Celtics
Bruins

Last edited by CameRoN0407; 04-28-2013 at 06:50 PM.
Old 05-05-2013, 04:48 PM   #48
It's a New England Thing

CameRoN0407's Arena

Ah, life. Yup, that's why I haven't been posting. Big test coming up real soon, that takes 3 days. May 13-15. I've been both studying, and having a little fun, so that's why the last post was April 28. In the next 2-3 days, expect a couple updates (hopefully) don't worry, after the test school will be winding down, so more and more updates will be out.

Team USA
Red Sox
Patriots
Celtics
Bruins

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties »