Home

Coaching Career of B. Youngblood (CH2K8)

This is a discussion on Coaching Career of B. Youngblood (CH2K8) within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-03-2014, 04:09 PM   #57
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Coaching Career of B. Youngblood (CH2K8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by baccVols
Man thats a good looking tourney selection post you made....wish i was this detailed....good luck he rest of thr way
Thanks.. I am having fun with the game again. It is still by far the best college basketball ever made. I only someone was willing to take this game and just tweak it and give us a newer version.
Old 03-03-2014, 04:11 PM   #58
V*lSt*r

baccVols's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce2223
Thanks.. I am having fun with the game again. It is still by far the best college basketball ever made. I only someone was willing to take this game and just tweak it and give us a newer version.
Yes fix all the bugs...tighten the graphics...maybe make the court bigger. And new conference...would be another 5 years of enjoyment
Old 03-05-2014, 05:55 PM   #59
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

GONZAGA VS WEST VIRGINA IN ELITE 8

Gonzaga will go into the Elite 8 against #4 West Virginia. WVU defeated #13 UTEP (79-66) in Round 1, and #5 Bowling Green (72-63) in Round 2 before upsetting #1 UNLV (95-90) in the Sweet 16.

The win over the Rebels gave Coach B. Huggins #650 for his career and with the win the Mountaineers will be making their 3rd trip to the Elite 8 in the past 4 years and with 6 Freshman on the roster including 3 starters, WVU looks to be in pretty good position to keep on winning games. but the players who the Bulldogs will need to worry about are the 2 SR's in the starting lineup SG R. Gansey is the leading score (17.2 PPG) and SF E. Bryant is #3 (9.4 PPG)

A win over WKU would put Coach Youngblood into the Final 4 for his 2nd time in his young coaching career and would make school history for the Zags who have never been past the Elite 8 making it there the last time in 1999 under Dan Monson.

However should Gonzga win, the Bulldogs chance's at a National Title game look slim as GU would face the winner of the #1 North Carolina vs #11 South Carolina. UNC happens to be the team that beat Coach Youngblood in his Final 4 run 3 years ago with UCD and again 2 years in the Elite 8. So with a 0-2 record against the basketball giant it doesn't get the stage doesn't get any bigger.

On the other side of the Elite 8 bracket is #10 Arizona State vs #4 LSU and #5 Oklahoma vs #11 Illinois.
Old 03-05-2014, 06:13 PM   #60
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

3 OF THE FINAL 4 TEAMS ARE IN

With a (68-62) win over South Carolina, #1 UNC is head to the Final 4 for the 3rd time in 4 seasons. Back to back National Champions in 2013 and 2014, the Tar Heels are a Goliath in college basketball.

On the other side of the bracket, #10 ASU beat #4 LSU (71-61) to earn a spot at playing for the National Title, they will play #5 Oklahoma State who defeated #11 Illinois (86-60)

#4 (25-8) VS #6 (28-7)

With starting SF M. Haynes breaking his hand in the win over SMU, JR walkon A. Olson moves into the starting lineup for today's game, but it was 6th man Ricky King who would have a breakout game leading the Bulldogs in scoring.

Trailing (49-43) at the half, King would lead the Zag's comeback scoring 14 of his team high 18 pts in the 2nd half hitting 3/4 from downtown as Gonzaga scores 52 points in the 2nd half well holding WVU to just 27 in the 95-76 win!!!

SR PG T. Burke had 9 pts and 7 assist, well FR D. McKenzie had a season high 15 pts to go with 8 rebs. Backup bigman S. Blackgrove also had a season high scoring 14 pts off the bench well starter D. Amerson had 12 pts in the win as well.

Well R. Gansey did manage 18 pts he shot just 2/9 from 3pt Like Gonzaga WVU was actually led in scoring by a bench player. L Sanders finished with 19 pts. in the loss.

Coach Youngblood
Quote:
"I am so proud of these guy's but they know as well as I do that it's going to a repeat performance of this game if we are going to beat UNC."
Old 03-06-2014, 01:40 AM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 0

Congrats on the Final Four run. GU is a great school and looks like you're going to have a ton of success w them already.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2014, 01:55 AM   #62
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by peeegz
Congrats on the Final Four run. GU is a great school and looks like you're going to have a ton of success w them already.
Thanks. I should have the Final 4 Recap up tomorrow. UNC has turned into Coach Youngblood's worst nightmare, beating him the last time he reached the Final 4 and again in the Elite 8. It's going to take offense offense and offense if I have any chance at beating them, which is not all good being how I have had to change the way I play with Haynes going out..

I am not sure what I am going to do next year. Right now my top 3 3pt shooters all graduate and so far I have only landed 1 recruit, and I am trailing in trying to sign my other 2 guy's. Looks like I might have to look to plan B or just keep the scholarships and try to land a huge class next season, and with 8 guys returning and 1 already signed I could do that by just keeping a walkon as my #10 guy.
Old 03-06-2014, 02:11 AM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce2223
Thanks. I should have the Final 4 Recap up tomorrow. UNC has turned into Coach Youngblood's worst nightmare, beating him the last time he reached the Final 4 and again in the Elite 8. It's going to take offense offense and offense if I have any chance at beating them, which is not all good being how I have had to change the way I play with Haynes going out..

I am not sure what I am going to do next year. Right now my top 3 3pt shooters all graduate and so far I have only landed 1 recruit, and I am trailing in trying to sign my other 2 guy's. Looks like I might have to look to plan B or just keep the scholarships and try to land a huge class next season, and with 8 guys returning and 1 already signed I could do that by just keeping a walkon as my #10 guy.
I've always had some success with late season recruits when bigger schools stop calling. 8 scholarships could be fun. A lot of freedom to create the exact team you want through recruits.
Old 03-06-2014, 08:04 PM   #64
MVP

Knickerbocker91's Arena

OVR: 9

Congrats on making it deep into the tournament, gonna have to chase away some demons to take down UNC, but good luck nonetheless. If only the real Zags played this well last season, lol ruined Mid-Majors getting tournament respect in my opinion.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »