Home

Coming home to Fordham University. NYC BABY! [CH2K8]

This is a discussion on Coming home to Fordham University. NYC BABY! [CH2K8] within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-30-2014, 12:15 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Coming home to Fordham University. NYC BABY! [CH2K8]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce2223
If Fordham is your goal, your best bet is to edit their coach before you start your legacy to like mid 60's in age.

When you start out in a career, you don't get jobs offers until after year 2. Typically as long as you have a above .500 record, you can typically earn 5 attribute points each season, which will make your coach good enough to start getting mid-major offers. Of course it will help if a bunch o coaches get fired or retire, most likely it will be year 3.

That's why I say made the Fordham coach like 62 just in case, which isn't to far off from the current coach Tom Pecora (56). Funny thing is he was the Hofstra coach from 01-10.

Not sure what roster set you are starting with, so I can't say what closed schools will be available to you, but typically there are several on the east coast and even a few in New York, which is a pretty good area to recruit from in terms of #'s of players, but because there is so many schools it's still hard to pull down the players you might want.
it's ok i'll work my way up as usual i actually prefer it that way because i want to customize my coach yet chase his goals/legacy/etc

this is going to be an interesting legacy for me because i will probably start this when I get to a POWER Team!! (St. John's?! Big East will live again!!)

eventually when I got the Achievement Points from being with a Power Team.. I'll jump down when Fordham opens up

like i said somehow someway, I'll end up with the Rams!
Old 03-30-2014, 05:14 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22

So you are going to start threading from Year 1 with your small school, or just starting a thread once you get to Fordham?
Old 03-30-2014, 05:22 PM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce2223
So you are going to start threading from Year 1 with your small school, or just starting a thread once you get to Fordham?
i'll start threading once I get to a Power School honestly i've simmed a bunch of seasons already and I'm only at Drake (although one of my fave schools)

I may have to "play" these games out to position my coach better and make him more attractive to power vacancies.. simming doesn't really give me the results i'm looking for they just keep passing me up and i haven't had much success in pure fast sim everything

thank you so much Deuce, you really saved me a ton of time considering i was ready to update and everything, hahaha!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2014, 02:46 PM   #12
Rookie

completely off-character note..

you ever get smitten by one of your teams? a team that is the definition of "Cinderella" ?? no way no how, no 5* or 4* recruits yet thru Unity, Experience and just BALLING.. they somehow win and play amazingly well on the court?

I wasn't making much headroom to be honest.. I was just fast simming everything trying to make my way to a Power Team but yet year after year, the offers simply wasn't coming. Mostly because my success hasn't been really there so I couldn't get anyone's attention.

It seems I actually have to "play" these games out in order to get my program rolling. That's fine, I'll just "play" the games without updating which should be a pretty fast process.

Until last night.. this weekend.. I landed my first 4* recruit so I figure I'd start with him to play my games out. What unfolded was a season for the ages..

My past dynasty/coach lasted the full 40 years.. I've seen it all and done pretty much everything and throughout it all including 2 National Championships on 2 different schools, I don't think I've ever had a team as memorable as the one I just had.

Because of them.. I will begin to update this thread. I will do a "Season Summary" until I reach a Power Conference Team and begin my threading for real..

that being said.. the season summary begins and the journey of Coach Vaden begins with..

Old 03-31-2014, 03:44 PM   #13
Rookie

Icon1 Re: Coming home to Fordham University. NYC BABY! [CH2K8]

Presenting Coach COBY VADEN!

Coach Vaden is an up-and-comer. Charismatic. Student of the game. His main focuses are Charisma and Teaching. He is a Defensive-minded coach and a stern disciplinarian.

The program I aim to establish is modeled after Rick Pitino's fast paced offense and heavy on the defensive pressure. I aim to recruit the best possible players I can and teach them Defensive principles which will hopefully help our program achieve greater heights.

COACHING PROFILE: aka 40 minutes of hell!!
Recruiting Priority 1: Shooting
Recruiting Priority 2: Athleticism
Offense Scheme: Motion
Primary Defense: 1-3-1 matchup zone
Secondary Defense: 1-2-2 zone defense
Inbounds Press: 1-2-1-1 Zone Press (After Baskets)
Bench Depth: 9
OFF TEMPO : 60
PRESSURE: 80
DEF RBND-FAST BREAK: 95
TRANS DEF-CRASH BOARDS: 100

ONGOING CAREER ACHIEVEMENTS:
Regular Season Championships - 1
Conference Tournament Champions - 2
NCAA Tournaments - 2
NCAA Sweet Sixteens - 1
NCAA Final Fours - 0
NCAA Championships - 0
Preseason #1 Rankings - 0
20 Win Seasons - 2
Conference Coach of the Year - 1
National Coach of the Year - 0
All-Conference Players - 16
All-American Players - 0
National Players of the Year - 0
Pro Draftees - 0

REMAINING GOALS TO BE ACHIEVED:
- Sign a 5 star recruit
- Sign a 5 star recruit in-season
- Sign a high school All-American
- Sign the Mr. Basketball for your state
- Sign the top Recruit in a recruiting class (#1 overall)
- Assemble a top 20 recruiting class
- Assemble the top recruiting class
- Coach an NCAA All-American
- Coach a Player of the Year winner
- Have a player chosen in the Pro Draft
- Have an underclassman chosen in the Pro Draft
- Win a Non-Conference Tournament
- Upset the #1 Ranked Team
- Coach a team into the top 25
- Coach a team to the #1 ranking
- Coach a Team to the Final Four
- Coach a team to the NCAA Championship
- Coach a team to a #1 seed in the NCAA tournament
- Be chosen NCAA Coach of the Year
- Get hired by a Power Conference Team
- Get a lifetime contract with any team
- Accumulate 200 career wins
- Accumulate 500 career wins
- Accumulate 800 career wins
- Accumulate 900 career wins
Old 03-31-2014, 08:47 PM   #14
Rookie

2016-17 DRAKE BULLDOGS SEASON RECAP!!

This was my "fingerprint" year. This was my 4th year at Drake and I just recruited my first 4* recruit. What unfolded this year was one for the ages and certainly one of the most memorable I have ever been a part of.

This Drake Bulldogs team.. full of 3* players with a Senior core in the middle in two 7 foot centers met and exceeded any expectation I had entering the season.

Truth be told.. they did not exceed my expectations. THEY OBLITERATED IT! They showed me and let me be a part of what a real Cinderella team is all about. Unheralded. Out of nowhere. Coming together to play as a team and defy the odds..

Honestly speaking. It was one of my most memorable seasons.

Senior Centers Edgar McCurry and Bert Garner was my indomitable Twin Towers in the middle. Both legitimate 7 footers who grew into it. They weren't 7 footers when I recruited them.. I believe McCurry was 6'9 and Bert was 6'7! Yet because of the foundation they established in the middle.. my Drake Bulldogs became a force to be reckoned with this season.

They weren't alone by any means. I had 2 PG's a Junior and a Sophomore named Ben Fall and Theodore Legge who were absolute assassins from beyond the arc. PG Ben Fall was a fond recruit of mine because although he is a 4* recruit.. nobody really gave him a chance coming from Senegal! A Worldly recruit and he turned up aces for my program!

With both assassins able to shoot the 3 as well as handle the rock and orchestrate the offense and with my Freshman 4* recruit rounding out my team.. this directly translated into a fluidity on the court that was simply amazing to behold.

Atlhough we finished 3rd in our conference, my Bulldogs ran thru The Valley conference tournament winning the championship and earning the automatic NCAA bid ranking 8th.

Once the NCAA Tournament began, Drake played to the definition of a Cinderella team. A bunch of 3* recruits and ballers all over the world coming together and just playing lights out! It was an exciting brand of basketball one I frankly have not seen in a while!

First Round came against the Power Team Marquette Golden Eagles and that was when Drake showed they came to play!

Second Round came against the #1 seeded Texas A&M Team and this was where the Bulldogs showed everyone what they were capable of and eliminated the #1 seed in the 2nd round of the ncaa tournament!

Sweet Sixteen was against the 5th seeded Minnesota Golden Gophers which was a cakewalk compared to Texas A&M.

Drake played and made everyone believe all the way to the Elite 8 where the North Carolina Tarheels ended Cinderella's run. But fans believed.. people watched, saw and believed.. and damnit, I BELIEVED!!

I won't forget this team.. no matter where I go or what else I accomplish.. this, this is a memory and a team to savor!
Old 04-02-2014, 10:59 PM   #15
Rookie

2017-2018 Drake Bulldogs Season Recap

If I was smitten last season with the run I became a part of with my Drake team powered by my Twin Tower Senior Centers in the middle, then this season was a revelation.

Entering the year I knew I was losing my dual 7 footers who were critical to our NCAA run last season all the way to the Elite Eight. What I did not realize was that I had two gunslingers in my Guards Legge and Fall! They are straight ballers and can get buckets against anyone. Round that off with my first ever 4* recruit SF Owens and my team was frontloaded with scorers who can GO.

Scorers who can shoot the 3, handle the ball, create their own shots, run and gun and light it up!!

I thought last year they were the perfect compliment to my Senior Twin Towers, but the truth of the matter is that I did not realize how much of a factor my 2 G's and my SF Owens truly were.

We finished 2nd in The Valley but won the Conference Championship for the 2nd straight year punching in our ticket to the dance.

Once we were in.. this is where my team showed me exactly the kind of chemistry and exactly how dangerous they could be! It wasn't atypical that my gunslinging PG's Benn Fall and Legge would score in the 20s and with my SF Owens, he of the five-tools and an absolute joy to watch play would score 20 of his own.

That's right.. pick your poison! Three of my starters are all capable of scoring 20 each on any given night!! The run we went this year eclipsed our elite eight run last year. Not only did we upset another #1 seed in perhaps the greatest game I have ever been a part of.. but we took this run further and went all the way to the FINAL FOUR!!

I have ran out of words to describe this Drake Bulldogs team except ..

First Round: vs Memphis Tigers - they say there is no team more dangerous in the NCAA Tournament than a #12 vs a #5.. and that is exactly what Drake did to Memphis. We blitzed them from the opening tipoff and led from start to finish!

Second Round: vs Arizona - up next was #4 seed Arizona and it was the same story. All three of my fearless gunslingers lit it up scoring 15-20+ pts each and on we moved to the Sweet Sixteen!

Sweet Sixteen vs #1 Oregon Ducks: This was a game for the ages. Truth be told, I still do not know how we managed to upset this amazing Oregon Ducks team! They led from the tipoff and we simply could not put a run together.. until the last few seconds.

All I remember was that it was 16 seconds left.. we were down by 2, had the ball and missed our chance to tie it up. We fouled them but all I thought of was "that's the ballgame".. next time I blinked, it was OT!!! Once Overtime began.. my Bulldogs came out, took the lead and never looked back!

Truly, it was a game for the ages.. quite possibly the best game I have ever been a part of. The way regulation ended, the way OT played out and the fact Oregon was a #1 makes it all the more memorable!

Elite 8 vs Florida St. Seminoles: Florida St. came into this game energized after Drake's upset of #1 Oregon. They took the lead from tipoff and had it entering halftime.. the 2nd half though was another story. Drake's shots started falling and Florida St. succumbed to the pressure the Bulldogs placed upon them. Final Four would not be denied to Drake after doing the heavy work beating the Oregon Ducks!

FINAL FOUR Vs Florida Gators: Florida Gators had better talent. More Unity as they had fielded Seniors and were simply too much to handle. My Drake tried to keep up with them and was only down 3 pts entering halftime.. but the Gators were simply the better team.

After two consecutive seasons to remember where Coach Vaden led the Drake Bulldogs to an Elite 8 and a Final Four appearance, upsetting two #1 seeds in consecutive years. There was no hotter coach on the radar..

the Power Conferences came calling.. and as hard as it was to leave an established Drake program.. Coach Vaden accepted. There was no other choice.. in order to grow, I have to test myself against the best! A MOVE TO A POWER TEAM?! but which one..

stay tuned
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2014, 01:06 AM   #16
All Star

cubsfan203's Arena

OVR: 24

Nice bracket! Did you make that? If so

Coaching Career of Chris Matthews (CH2k8)
The Legend of Ocho Ocho

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »