Home

#FearTheSword: A Cavs Association [NBA 2K13]

This is a discussion on #FearTheSword: A Cavs Association [NBA 2K13] within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2014, 08:57 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: #FearTheSword: A Cavs Association [NBA 2K13]

Cleveland Cavaliers Depth Chart - 14/15
STARTER2ND3RD4TH
PGKyrie Irving
SGAndrew WigginsWes MatthewsTim HardawayMike Miller
SFLeBron JamesThabo SefoloshaVictor Claver
PFKevin LoveShane Battier
CTristan ThompsonBoris Diaw
Old 08-09-2014, 04:56 PM   #34
Rookie

OK so I'm in Feb currently and I've got a problem that I'd like help with.

Andrew Wiggins is having a magnificent season & no doubt in my mind he'll win ROTY (knowing 2k, he probli wont) & Tristan Thompson is playing at C for me & is having a career year IIRC ( dont have the xbox around to check as I type this). Now the problem is that I think to progress against the Sixers, Bulls, Nets, Rockets, OKC, Sacramento, Spurs etc I need a C that can pull down rebounds & get the putbacks. Thompson can't do that. Also, with Wiggins on the floor with LeBron/Love/Kyrie it's frustrating to not be able to get him the shots that he deserves or to increase his numbers so basically I'm thinking of trading both of them. The question is who do I trade for?

I was thinking of Sacramento Kings w/ Cousins being traded. They're doing well enough, top 5 in the West but J-Smoove playing at the 3 isn't working out for either of them so if you get Wiggins & Thompson it looks like:

Rondo
Evans
Wiggins
Smith
Thompson

Al Horford, Monroe/Drummond, Marc Gasol (out of reach I'd imagine but he's in his contract year & Grizzlies are 14th in the West so they won't say no to some future talent), Chris Bosh (LAL are 13th in the West & struggling)

So, any suggestions?

Last edited by Wade3; 08-09-2014 at 06:16 PM.
Old 08-09-2014, 06:20 PM   #35
Always Sonny Somewhere

SonnyFranchise's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade3
OK so I'm in Feb currently and I've got a problem that I'd like help with.

Andrew Wiggins is having a magnificent season & no doubt in my mind he'll win ROTY (knowing 2k, he probli wont) & Tristan Thompson is playing at C for me & is having a career year IIRC ( dont have the xbox around to check as I type this). Now the problem is that I think to progress against the Sixers, Bulls, Nets, Rockets, OKC, Sacramento, Spurs etc I need a C that can pull down rebounds & get the putbacks. Thompson can't do that. Also, with Wiggins on the floor with LeBron/Love/Kyrie it's frustrating to not be able to get him the shots that he deserves or to increase his numbers so basically I'm thinking of trading both of them. The question is who do I trade for?

I was thinking of Sacramento Kings w/ Cousins being traded. They're doing well enough, top 5 in the West but J-Smoove playing at the 3 isn't working out for either of them so if you get Wiggins & Thompson it looks like:

Rondo
Evans
Wiggins
Smith
Thompson

Al Horford, Monroe/Drummond, Marc Gasol (out of reach I'd imagine but he's in his contract year & Grizzlies are 14th in the West so they won't say no to some future talent), Chris Bosh (LAL are 13th in the West & struggling)

So, any suggestions?
Lineup
Kyrie
??
Wiggins
Lebron
Love.

You may not pull a bunch of boards, but id say trade thompson by himself for a rebounder off the bench. This line-up is ultra scoring.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2014, 06:26 PM   #36
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbb33
Lineup
Kyrie
??
Wiggins
Lebron
Love.

You may not pull a bunch of boards, but id say trade thompson by himself for a rebounder off the bench. This line-up is ultra scoring.
I play Thompson at the 5 which is my problem. I have Wes Matthews on the bench so I could put him in at SG. But Wiggins is a problem as well because he's just too good to be a 4th option on attack. He's had 35points+ games for me when I sim it but when it comes to playing the match myself I just can't find the time or opportunity to get him shots. But he's so good with whatever limited shots he has he still gets 10-15 points.

Also, I've played against Sixers and Bynum & Young killed me on the boards completely & I'd fear my opponents in the playoffs would do similar. Having K Love at the 4 stretches the opposition that playing him at the 5 just wouldn't work.

Thanks for the comment btw
Old 08-09-2014, 08:34 PM   #37
Rookie

Last edited by Wade3; 08-10-2014 at 06:27 PM.
Old 08-10-2014, 05:06 PM   #38
Rookie

ROSE: I'M SICK OF LOSING

You only have to go back to the 2010 NBA Playoffs to find the first time that a Derrick Rose led Chicago Bulls faced off against a fellow Eastern Conference competitor spearheaded by LeBron James. The result in the series was a 4-1 win for the Cleveland Cavaliers who would lose to the Boston Celtics in the second round in what became known as the last time LeBron would wear a Cavs jersey during his first spell playing for his hometown. A year later and Miami Heat knocked out the Bulls in the Eastern Conference Finals. Another defeat for Rose against the best player in the league but even after managing to defeat the Heat in the Eastern Conference Finals in 2014, the Bulls fell at the final hurdle to the Denver Nuggets in the NBA Finals with Rose's opponent PG Ty Lawson picking up MVP.

“ I'm sick of being forced to sit & watch as the other guys win. I hate it. It's a feeling you can't get rid of no matter how many times you slam dunk or you hit a 3-pointer or you win a game. Until I win the Championship, I'm not going to get used to the idea of losing.” says a motivated Rose ahead of his team's match-up with the divisional rivals Cavs. It's a rivalry on the verge of becoming a tense bout with LeBron never a favourite around the parts of the United Center & the Cavalier fans themselves have reason to despise the Bulls due to the Jordan years. “ These teams never liked each other & if you're playing at your place in a match like this, you'll know it. The fans make themselves heard all the time here but especially against teams & players they don't like.”

The Chicago Bulls have kept the same core for the last four years now with Joakim Noah, Carlos Boozer, Luol Deng joining the 2011 MVP Rose in building a strong contender for one of the most storied franchises in NBA history. They've kept up with the same sense of treating the regular season almost like the playoffs with their 9-0 start w/ many clamouring for Rose to receive MVP honours yet again. The Bulls were quickly brought back down to earth however with a four game losing streak with their record currently standing at (12-4) and face being displaced of no.1 spot in the division with a loss to the Cavs (12-5)

Matchup Preview *|* December 4,
@
Cleveland Cavaliers
(12-5, Away)
Chicago Bulls
(12-4, Home)
Projected Starters
Kyrie IrvingPoint GuardDerrick Rose
Andrew WigginsShooting GuardJason Terry
LeBron JamesSmall ForwardJimmy Butler
Kevin LovePower ForwardLuol Deng
Tristan ThompsonCenterJoel Anthony
Injury Report
Kevin Love
day-to-day
Joakim Noah
2 months

Carlos Boozer
2 months
Old 08-10-2014, 05:52 PM   #39
Rookie

Cleveland Cavaliers @ Chicago Bulls
110-103

MVP: Kyrie Irving 32 pts, 3 steals, 6 assists- Going into this season, one of many questions on people's mind regarding the Cavs was whether or not Kyrie Irving would be able to live up to expectations on a contending team with much pressure surrounding him. Going up against Derrick Rose is no easy feat but Irving stepped up to challenge with 32 pts, 3 steals & 6 assists to help push his Cavs over the line in a tight game in Chicago.

LVP: Jimmy Butler 13 pts, 6-15 FG- If the Bulls are going to challenge for another Eastern Conference Championship they are going to need their non-superstars to step up in big games. Butler might have had 13 pts but his awful shooting led to fans calling for coach Tom Thibodeau to remove him from the game.

Story of the Game: The Cavs now overtake the Bulls for first spot in the division despite both teams having such different starts to the season. Bulls record since the 9-0 run finished is at 3-5 with tiredness an issue already. Thibs has been known to play his starters for too long & it could be something which costs Chicago in the playoffs. As for the Cavs, they have a lot of momentum heading into the last few months of the regular season with Steve Nash's trades to improve the bench proving his shrewdness as a general manager in the NBA.

Quote of the Night: “ I know that when I have the ball in my hands I can get going like I done tonight. Going up against someone like Rose is always a challenge but it's a challenge I have to be able to face & step up against. Steve Nash & the board have built this team to win & in games like these we have to show what we can do,” Kyrie Irving
Old 08-10-2014, 06:28 PM   #40
Rookie

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »