Home

Ambition — Sam Truman

This is a discussion on Ambition — Sam Truman within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2014, 09:26 PM   #33
All Star

beast10's Arena

OVR: 36
Ambition — Sam Truman

April 26th, 2008

Today we were playing our first game at at 3:30. We had to report to the facility by 9:00 so we were up early traveling here.

Inside was plastered with "ROAD TO THE PEACH JAM" with Nike affiliation all over the place along with media, and at least 500 other kids who's team all competed for the one trophy at the end.

"We're ready for this." Tyler breaks the silence between us.

"You already know." Walter adds.

We reported to the middle of the facility along with all 30 other teams participating in the event for an introduction to the program by founder Kevin Foley as he gave a complete run down of the event's mission. He, like coach, says that this is the highest level of high school ball.

"Play ball," he says in conclusion. "The complete weekend schedule is amongst the televisions and is at the front desk with your court locations and times. Officials will get you guys started once there."

Like I said, we were up at 4:30 and it was only about 8:45 so we had some time to chill and scout the competition with coach.

We first watched the Oakland Soldiers, the team that had Brandon Jennings, the same person I was pondering about the other day.

His team had dethroned the Mac Irvin Fire 74-58 and Jennings had 29.

A little more time passed, we watched a couple more games, then before we knew it was time to take the floor on court five.

I looked down to my feet, I was wearing the the LeBron Peach Jam's that only a limited quantity were made for the event, I had the shoes to represent it but the question was if I actually could be the point guard that actually helps get us to it …

I got into position for the tip off, I had never been this agitated in my life. I referenced to Michael Jordan's rookie year quote of just doing anything out of the ordinary but I [/i]needed[/i] to do something out of the ordinary if I wanted to distinguish myself from everyone else and rack up on some quality scholarships …

I looked in the crowd that all stationed around the court as anticipated to watch as we were to play, it was easy spotting all the coaches amongst them, then I saw Bill Self - the coach of the NCAA national champions. This was serious.

I was trapped, not knowing which direction to go to.

Tyler won the tipoff and I was handed the ball by Angel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by beast10; 07-12-2014 at 11:08 PM.
Old 07-13-2014, 12:36 AM   #34
All Star

beast10's Arena

Re: Ambition — Sam Truman

April 26th, 2008

This one had came down to the last shot, 80-77, Angel rolled the ball to me from the baseline and I let it continue until I reached the half court mark where I picked it up and made my move.

With 2.6 left in regulation there wasn't much I could do. My shot was off this game but I had to do something. I took a quick hesitation and sprang into a tear drop three pointer that would send the game into overtime.

But it didn't, the shot hit the back part of the rim and came flying towards the middle of the lane.

"Damn …" I threw my hand through the air and walked around with no destination as my teammates came to cheer me up.

"Can't make them all," coach Hollins says to me with a slap on the back then addresses the entire team. "We've got to regroup, and play smarter. I told you guys this wasn't going to be a piece of cake, doesn't matter who we have on our team. We've gotta play better. It'll be different later and it better be because they're fresh off a 79-53 win against Team Florida and I'd be damned if we went back to that hotel 0-2."

"Alright let's go guys! Recover, and attack next game. This is ours!" Walter says in an effort to boost us. He led the team with 20 in the lost.

I went to my bag expecting to see a text message from dad, he said he was watching the game from a live stream.

(Dad) 3:32 - Saw the whole thing, that game winning miss is alright just put it in the past. But why were you playing so scared out there at first?
(Me) 3:48 - well to be honest I kind of was. When I got that dunk I got hyped though so that's when I started getting more into the game but I just couldn't hit anything.
(Dad) 3:51 - Well if you're playing afraid then of course you're not going to get anything to go, if you play afraid you might as well come back to indiana.
(Me) 3:54 - I know but like I said it's different, better players and better defense. Not at all like it was in Brownsburg.
(Dad) 3:56 - I don't care and neither should you. Basketball is a sport and if you're good you're good, you've played on every level. all this is is new faces on the court. Shoot the ball, draw the foul, make the good pass. You're a good player so just play like it.
(Me) 3:59 - gotcha. We're playing team final next. Coach told us they won their last game by a huge blowout. I'll let u know how it goes.

I put my phone back inside the bag and went to meet back with the team but the path was intercepted as I saw Kemba.

He points at me with a smirk, "My man, what's up?"

"Just took a L, missed the tying shot and lost 80-77 … You were right about that stuff yesterday, I got killed by the guard from BABC, dropped 19 on me. Only good part about the game was that I got my first in game dunk ever."

"I told you G. This not easy but you're not alone we just lost two straight. I was putting in the work but was the only one doing so: hit 19 against The Family then had to go against Byron Mullins and we got our asses beat by 12, I had 17. But you dunked?, on somebody or just on a break?"

"Damn that sucks, but we were on the break and Tyler threw the outlet and that dude Kim English was the only one back on defense and I didn't want to get it blocked so I just slammed it. We play you guys tomorrow though, right?"

"Oh cool that's what's up. I heard Kim English had a clip … But yeah we play y'all. You better be prepared, I'm putting in straight work against you."

"We'll see who gets the last laugh. I gotta worry about Team Final for now, heard just beat Team Florida bad."

"Yeah that's Tyreke's team, good luck bro."

"Evans?, the top prospect?"

"Yeah, good luck. You'll need it."

"Thanks …"

Old 07-25-2014, 10:32 PM   #35
All Star

beast10's Arena

Ambition — Sam Truman

Might discontinue this as it seems I have no full time followers. Been busy with basketball and now making friends around my new area so I'm not really @ home a lot and haven't played my Xbox since the last update.

But I'm still interested in these dynasties and will try to get my Michael Kane one back up as soon as I get college hoops again, and I also might try to make something new.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2014, 07:20 AM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 0

I was enjoying this but I'll be happy with any dynasty you mske

#ripcity

Old 08-05-2014, 12:01 PM   #37
#AyJay

AdamJones113's Arena

OVR: 2

Same, I'm liking it a lot though so keep it up if you want!
Old 08-05-2014, 04:34 PM   #38
All Star

beast10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodar
I was enjoying this but I'll be happy with any dynasty you mske
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamJones113
Same, I'm liking it a lot though so keep it up if you want!
cool glad i had some silent followers. im currently in the process of making a new dynasty and i'm 9 chapters into it but im not going to post until i get far in it because i don't want to become uninterested in it and cut it off . . .
i'm probably going to revive michael kane before i bring this back

might as well throw the idea of it out there; basically the main character is the athlete's dad and also a newly coach for another school. It's focused on his life but his life is basically developing his son to continue his legacy he made back when he was in high school, the issue is that his son is clearly not at the level that his father once was at. plenty of other details in the plot and i hope you all will enjoy it when i start posting it; will probably wait until he get into his junior year.

Last edited by beast10; 08-05-2014 at 04:42 PM.
Old 08-05-2014, 06:09 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 0

sounds good!

#ripcity

Old 08-11-2014, 11:12 AM   #40
MVP

Son of Sam99's Arena

OVR: 14

Just found this, glad to see someone else doing a MyPlayer type story. Keep up the good work.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »