Home

Can't Stop Me | Story of Kendall Jenkins

This is a discussion on Can't Stop Me | Story of Kendall Jenkins within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-19-2015, 10:11 PM   #57
All Star

beast10's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Can't Stop Me | Story of Kendall Jenkins

Sorry that the storyline has been off the court for a while now lol, trying to steer it back as best as I can.
Old 03-19-2015, 11:15 PM   #58
All Star

beast10's Arena

June 26th, 2015 - Two Times!

Kendall had finally connected back with Holly after trying to somewhat of avoid her while he was here. The only other time he’d seen her was at Mojave when he signed last week and they only talked briefly because Kendall had planned to go out to eat with his family and the Austins to celebrate.

Today they were headed to the hospital after the doctors had requested that Holly come in for another ultrasound after some confusion on whether or not she was carrying two babies opposed to the sought of one.

As Kendall drove Holly asked, “So what if I do end up having twins? Will you be there for them?”

“How many times do I have to say yes?” Kendall snapped. “It’s getting kinda annoying, if I say something I mean it. I’ll be there for you and the kids. I don’t care if it’s twins or not…”

“I’m just wondering, you always claim there’s nothing between us so I’m thinking maybe you don’t even want to be around me.”

“There’s not, you’re like obsessed with me. You ruined my relationship with my girl in St. Louis telling her all sorts of lies about how we were still dating and all that stuff. I don’t really care about it now but that wasn’t cool, you lied for real.”

“Sorry,” she muttered. “It’s just that I like you a lot but I guess I ruined my chances.”

“Yeah whatever, we’re going to college in two different states anyway. Now that I think about it, how you even gonna raise this kid?”

“I’m not going to college anymore; my parents got mad and told me to take care of them myself… I’m going to have to get my own place pretty soon then I'm just going to end up taking online classes I guess, sucks when I could’ve been going to Stanford this fall but what happens happens, you know?

For once in a long time, Kendall actually felt sympathy for her. He didn’t even know she had to make that choice. She’d always been about her books and was no doubt probably ruled most likely to succeed in the school yearbooks; to see her not attending college and also with her own kid was bound to be a shocker for all her former classmates. Kendall consoled her until they got to the hospital; he realized he’d just about ruined her life.

“Yeah there’s definitely another one in there,” the middle-aged blonde nurse said while analyzing the screen. “Congratulations, you’re having twins!”

Holly laughed and clapped which surprised Kendall, he did the same but didn't really mean too much of it.

June 28th, 2015 - Basketball Buddies

One of Kendall's old AAU teammate Stone Harper had just got in town from Reno and one of the first people he called was Kendall. Those two never spent much time apart during the summer AAU season but when the school year came around they didn’t have much contact with their living distances being over six hours apart. Kendall always joked around and called Stone “White Mike” because he was simply a helluva basketball player and happened to be white.

“So look who it is,” Kendall taunts when he meets Stone at a community gym. “White Mike, the dude who’ll forever think he can beat me.”

“Man, long time no see,” Stone goes in for a hand shake. “But before I get to anything, I heard you signed with Northern Colorado a few weeks ago, may I ask if you have a mental disorder or something?”

Kendall laughed in shame, “To be honest I don’t know why I did that. I just wanted to play right away and that was really my best option in that situation. The more I think about it the more I wished I chose California...”

“Yeah cause that “play” your gonna get is not going to attract ANY NBA scouts who give a damn,” he chuckles. “You signed the letter of intent yet?”

“Yeah I signed it but shut up, I didn’t really think it out,” Kendall grabs his kicks out his backpack. “Where you gon’ to end up at?”

“Probably Stanford, the coach said I could probably start right away, but anyways you ready to play?”

“Let’s go!”

The two lace up their sneakers and take the floor that was probably the most completion you’d get at a rec center in Las Vegas. They’re team didn’t lose any games for at least an hour and a half while they pleased the few spectators with multiple alley oop slams. Eventually they just stop trying and start shooting threes so a team could finally beat them.

“Man I still can’t believe you’re going to whatever school it is,” Stone jokingly shakes his head. “You need to transfer or de-commit or something, come to Stanford, Arizona or anything better than NORTHERN COLORADO. You’re way too good to play those with those scrubs.”

“Chill Stone, I’m just going to see how things go my freshman year and if I’m dominating and not getting any looks than maybe I’ll come-“

Kendall stops talking when he glances at the door and sees a very familiar face that he soon recognized as LJ.
Old 03-20-2015, 07:02 PM   #59
All Star

beast10's Arena

June 28th, 2015 - Continued
This is also in the point of view of LJ...

I’d been looking for Kendall ever since Ace delivered the task but still experienced very little luck with finding him. I’d looked all around 21st and talked to the ones who knew him but they all said they didn’t know, finally I looked in the gym and there he was; the tall kid with all the hair.

I rubbed my hands in a mischievous way and acted like I didn’t see him at first. I then look over at him with a fake surprised look.

“Kendall? Is that you?”

“Don’t play dumb, you know it’s me,” he snarled in response. “What do you want?”

“Easy man, I don’t want anything. I heard you was just back in town, didn’t think I’d run into you.”

“Well here I am… I don’t why you’re acting all friendly, I still remember you going off on that phone a couple months ago. You got all my friends turning on me and stuff.”

“Let’s go to the hallway, I’ll explain all of it to you.” I suggest as he starts to get overly loud.

“Man, whatever, let’s go.”

We head out to the hall and I start to elaborate on everything that had gone on since he left.

“The police are corrupt… They’re in the middle of these street wars, they planting evidence on the innocent. It’s just crazy out here, you understand? You probably think I’m mad at you but I’m really not, I’m trying to get out of here and you probably trying to do the same and I respect that but these days its real easy to get caught up in some stuff. Word on the street is Ace and all the Rollerz are after you and in fact, me… I don’t know if you know this by now but the Rollerz don’t **** around, it’s me and you, we in this together.”

“Man! Why can’t I just play ****ing basketball, why this dude feel he has to kill me because- THERE’S NOT EVEN A REASON! I’m from the hood but I’m NOT hood, I DON’T belong in this! I just want to play ball and get my family out of here so I don’t got to deal with this bull****.”

“Like I said, you got caught up and there’s now there’s no turning back while you’re around. I got your back, stick with me and we’ll both make it out. I’ll show you around and give you the advice you need to make it until you get to college.”

“Alright bet,” he said. “Let me go tell my friend I’m leaving.”

“So where you going to college anyways?” I ask while I drive him to the strong hold.

“Northern Colorado, I’m just hoping I can dominate there and get to the league without having to play all four years. My ultimate goal is to just get this money so I won’t have to worry about this stuff anymore... Get my mom and brother out the hood then get me a low profile crib and have my only problems be my performance on the court.”

“Man I can’t do this,” I reluctantly say.

“What are you talking about?” He questions me as I stop the car en route.

“You know what I was going to do?” I ask him as he sits confused.

“No, I don’t.”

“You can call me a trader or whatever but the Rollerz sold me out… I was working with them and just now I was getting ready to take you to one of their safe houses and they were going to kill you. They said if I don’t do it then they’ll shoot me and I just can’t do it. I lied about having my respect back for you because all this is your fault but I just can’t do it. You exactly how I wanted to be when I grew up; a good kid trying to get out the hood. You were always so timid so I knew you never wanted anything apart of this. That’s how I wish I could’ve been but I made the same mistake as you and turned to the streets.”

He didn’t respond too quickly and stumbled when he began, “So-, I mean, what do we do now. You sure didn’t lie about both our lives being to jeopardy.”

“What you do is your choice, me, I’m going to fight back. I been bowing down to them for a while now and I’m tired of it. I’m going to take what we got left and kill every Roller I see out there. I’m tired of this ****…”

He was speechless so I kept talking.

“I’m going to go and drop you back off at the gym.”

“Alright, thank you for not making that move… I still can’t even believe this, I was minutes away from dying. I kind of want to help you in taking them out.”

“No, don’t do that… Just leave for the campus as soon as you can. You actually got something going for yourself. Just last week I was thinking I wanted to leave all this but I realized I don’t got nothing going for myself, no family, no money, nothing. I might as well end it all killing those who messed everything up for me… I hope you do end up making it, you deserve it.”

Last edited by beast10; 03-20-2015 at 09:05 PM.
Old 03-20-2015, 07:04 PM   #60
All Star

beast10's Arena

Old 03-21-2015, 01:58 AM   #61
All Star

beast10's Arena

July 26th, 2015 - Independent

Not only a day after Kendall had that encounter with LJ, LJ was announced dead after reportedly singlehandedly entering the Rollerz strong hold [which he was allowed to do] and unexpectedly firing his pistol at multiple gang members before getting shot down by Ace. The peculiar thing however was that Ace wasn’t even arrested; instead another one of the Rollerz got taken for the blame.

Kendall soon afterwards heard about the news and was surprised LJ actually went through with what he said. Despite hating him for all the time they’ve known, he felt a lot of sorrow for LJ, the guy had sacrificed his life for what seemed to be for Kendall’s success. Kendall paid tribute to him at his funeral then didn’t waste any more time to once again leave the city, this time for Greeley, home of his college destination; Northern Colorado.

His alarm clock buzzed and he woke him up as he got ready to start another day… He was about a month in with living here and vastly enjoyed the entirely independent lifestyle to had going on.

Though the city was structured even older than North Las Vegas and St. Louis, Kendall really liked Greeley. He’d rented an apartment for the time being since the campus was on break and dormitories weren’t available. In the meantime he found a job at Foot Locker inside the local mall to support himself probably until the basketball season started.

“What’s up KJ, you ready for this crap again?” Ryan says as Kendall walks through the entrance.

That “crap” was another Jordan release day and everybody knows how those work, they’d be packed all morning… “Nope, not at all,” Kendall goes to the back to check in then returns with Ryan. “Can’t wait til I can quit this, our pay is pretty much getting guaranteed shoes but we’re barely paid enough to even buy them!”

Ryan chuckles, “Yeah…”

Ryan was also a student at Northern Colorado only he was a junior, just your average-joe. Kendall thought he was pretty cool and they sometimes hung out off the job.

The mall’s doors open and the crowd bursts into the building in the complete opposite of orderly fashioned; all headed towards the Foot Locker entrance. Kendall and Ryan do their best to control the line of customers desperately trying to get their hands on the limited Jordan 13s until eventually they were able to put up a sign saying “sold out”. Everybody in the line then started to toss foul language at them and talk about how they were cheated.

Typical.

Kendall then just goes through his routine as the day progresses back to normal but then he sees a woman worth the drop of the jaw who grabs his full attention. She had amazing brown wavy hair flowing to one side of her beautiful creamed color face. Kendall hadn’t seen a better looking girl since, well, forever.

“Ryan I didn’t know you worked here,” She then looks at Kendall and at about 5’3 she’s forced to look very high up at him. “… But I came in to see if you guys still have any size sevens for the 13s?”

Ryan answers before he could even say anything, “Nah, we just ran out.”

“You don’t know that, we might have some in the back. Let me go check for you right quick.” Kendall smiles at her before walking to the back of the store.

He comes back with a foolish grin on his face looking at Ryan, “I found this six and a half in the back if that’s good for you.”

“Yeah, that’s perfect, thanks!” She grabs the box and proceeds to the register to purchase the shoes.

“How do you know her? I was trying to get her number or something but she just ****ing walked off.”

“No,” Ryan says with an extension of emphasis. “She goes to our school, that’s Lonnie’s girlfriend, he’s a linebacker-“

Kendall ignores him and meets her at the exit, “Aye you in college?”

“Yeah I go to North Colorado, right up the street. Why?”

“Me too,” He says faking a surprised tone. “I play ball for them, I’m a freshman and I’m about to be the best on the team. You ever heard of me?”

“Oh!” She beamingly said. “That’s why you’re so tall, are you that guy Jenkins?”

“Yep that’s me. My name’s Kendall, you are?”

“Wow! I’m Charlie, I’ve heard a lot about you. They say you’re supposed to be the best player our school has ever had or something! It’s good to meet you.” She smiles, the same smile that’d been on her face since they started talking.

“Yeah same, maybe we should try to get to know each other before school starts, you know? Can I get your number or something?”

“Well I’m kind of taken already but we can be friends or something?” She suggests, Kendall didn’t want that route.

“When I go out for basketball, they always put three defenders on me and guess what I did?”

“What?”

“Score, I bet I can score you too.”

She giggled, “That’s kind of clever, you seem cool, I’ll give you my number; let’s just keep it on the down-low.”

“Alright bet.” Kendall pulls his phone out and enters in her contact information.

“Bye!” She says as she finishes up and walks out the store and Ryan stands there shocked at Kendall.

“For one, that was the corniest line I’ve ever heard but anyways I would seriously advise against what you’re doing but I’ll let you do you, freshman."

“I got her number didn’t I? Having game like me is an advantage I ought of teach you one of these days." Kendall brags.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2015, 02:31 AM   #62
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22

Hopefully Kendall can have the type of career at UNC that Cam Atkinson had for me, Big Sky FOY and then 3 straight Big Sky POY honors. Also maybe you can bring home a chip to Greeley instead of just a Final 4.
Old 03-21-2015, 10:37 AM   #63
All Star

beast10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce2223
Hopefully Kendall can have the type of career at UNC that Cam Atkinson had for me, Big Sky FOY and then 3 straight Big Sky POY honors. Also maybe you can bring home a chip to Greeley instead of just a Final 4.
Yeah thatd be great! Getting UNC to at least the tournamnet is the main goal, the team is looking really weak right now
Old 03-21-2015, 01:04 PM   #64
All Star

beast10's Arena

ROSTER

SCHEDULE

Note; This roster I believe is one year outdated from 14-15 but the majority of the high major and power conference schools are updated as of 14-15 but this is taking place one year afterwards so it's simmed into what would be the 15-16..

Last edited by beast10; 03-22-2015 at 01:35 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »