Home

Straight Outta Harlem | Rise & Conquer III

This is a discussion on Straight Outta Harlem | Rise & Conquer III within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-24-2015, 11:26 PM   #97
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Straight Outta Harlem | Rise & Conquer III

I hope there wasn't any snow on the roof or anything, cause that stuff probably melted from the heat Vete and TI was putting out. WHEW.

Nice post, good bit of character interaction. Got to wonder who the text was from, hope it doesn't cause any undue drama.
Old 10-25-2015, 12:00 AM   #98
Pro

asvpxhughuet's Arena

Always leaving us in suspense, I honestly don't know who it could be but only two come to mind, the 2KTV girl or somehow Vic faked his death!?
Old 10-25-2015, 12:23 AM   #99
MVP

Trent Booty's Arena

Damn, this is gonna be good.
Old 10-25-2015, 12:39 AM   #100
All Star

beast10's Arena

OVR: 36

uh-ohhhhhhh
Old 10-25-2015, 02:43 AM   #101
MVP

infamyice's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekfan
I hope there wasn't any snow on the roof or anything, cause that stuff probably melted from the heat Vete and TI was putting out. WHEW.

Nice post, good bit of character interaction. Got to wonder who the text was from, hope it doesn't cause any undue drama.
No days off in a relationship. Work hard, play harder.

Life in Harlem, there's always bound to be some problems, just a matter of how big it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by feedmemore37
Always leaving us in suspense, I honestly don't know who it could be but only two come to mind, the 2KTV girl or somehow Vic faked his death!?
I did leave that window open with Rachel huh lol

Can tell you it's no Vic. He don't have the means to pull a 2pac.

Besides, I doubt he'd text "xoxo" to another guy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trent Booty
Damn, this is gonna be good.
I always deliver fams, rest assured
Quote:
Originally Posted by beast10
uh-ohhhhhhh
The projects is lurking!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2015, 01:51 PM   #102
MVP

infamyice's Arena

THE NEXT DAY
DECEMBER 26TH, 2016

-A small draft blew into my room from the seam of the window in my room. Living up on the 13th floor in my building lead to a mostly quiet atmosphere, unless it was sirens or loud music down the hall, but this morning was quiet. I finally open my eyes, getting the first view of my ceiling, where my high school and college jersey hung like banners. I noticed there was extra room in bed, assuming Yvette was up before me. Getting up out of bed, I dragged my-self into the bathroom to wake up and freshen up then hit the morning scene where the aroma of bacon flowed through the air.-

TI: Sup Cee-Cee, good morning parents.

M&D: Hey son. Good morning.

CC: Bro, I left you some breakfast on the stove, eat up.

TI: Good looking sis, I'm starving already. Aye, anybody seen Yvette this morning?

Dad: Yeah, I did. Said she had to take care of some business at the office downtown. She couldn't get out the door any faster.

TI: ...Hmm...

Mom: Something wrong?

TI: No, everything's cool.

-I finished up my breakfast as the family watched "A Christmas Story" on TV, they're always showing that movie-marathon around Christmas.-

TI: Food was slamming ma, thanks -kissing her on the cheek-

CC: How you know she made it?

TI: Because you can't cook! -I hollered back as I walked off to my room-

-I plopped back on my bed for a minute before I got dressed, checking my messages on my phone. King Mahinmi left a message about no practice, that was good to know. And some random number, texting me "Merry Christmas Freq! XOXO". I didn't have any idea who that was, was kind of skeptical to reply back.-

TI: Merry Christmas, yo, who this?

?: This is Tammy Freq

TI: Tammy? Sry, I don't know any Tammy.

T: I'm sure you do. Remember Parkside HS? The day before your last game, behind the bleachers?

TI: Whoa, whoa, Tamina Padilla? How you get my number?

TP: I'm surprised you haven't noticed me yet.

TI: What you talking about?

TP: I dance for the Brooklyn Nets Freq..

-I pondered, looking off in space, trying to figure out if I ever recall seeing someone familiar from the past. And then it hit me... Oh boy-

TI: How can I help you Tamina?

TP: Don't do me like that boy, just wanted to wish you happy holidays. Hoping we could catch up sometime soon.

TI: Happy holidays to you too, but I don't think that's a good idea.

TP: What's wrong? Your little Asian girlfriend got you that whipped that you can't speak to an old friend?

TI: We're anything but old friends. I got to go.

-I got dressed for the cold and grabbed my Dad's shovel out the closet-

TI: Hey Dad, remember what we talked about last night? I'm ready to roll.

Dad: Oh, okay son, let me get ready then.

TI: Alright, I'll be down, getting the car out of the snow -I hugged my mom for the day and headed out the door-

-Tamina Padilla... One of the baddest chicks on 7th Avenue in St. Nicholas Projects. She was a bad Black & Puerto Rican mix, but that attitude of her was even worse. I guess that's why we didn't last long... About 15 minutes into shoveling snow I saw my Dad coming from afar. Suddenly, a car comes speeding by, splashing that icy cold water onto me.-

TI: COME ON MAN!! ****ING IDIOT!!

Dad: Looks like they got you good.

TI:... And you see why me and Cee-Cee wanted to move y'all out of the hood... Unnecessary B.S.

Dad: We already told you, we're not moving out of that apartment. That's where family started, that's where family stays.

TI: Yeah... I hear you, for now... There, think we should be good to pull out of here.

-After we got in the car and settled, I turned the engine on to warm up-

Dad: So what's this adventure all about? That present for your mama?

TI: Of course!

Dad: Well, your mama said she didn't want nothing, she's happy.

TI: I know, but it's bigger than that. How long y'all been married again?

Dad: Twenty-Four good long years. Be twenty-five January 2nd.

TI: Damn, I got a game that night.

Dad: What's the matter?

TI: Well, I was hoping you two was willing to renew y'all vows for y'all twenty-fifth anniversary. Wanted to go to this jeweler I know. Real cool guy. Met him through Dom.

Dad: Well, I did think about renewing our vows, didn't have the means to do it yet.

TI: Well, now you do. So lets get up outta here, look at some things, and surprise mom.

Dad: Think she'll love that?

TI: Definitely.

-I shifted the car into drive and eased up out of the parking slot into traffic, crusing down to Time Square.-

TI: So glad I changed out my tires for the winter.
------

-Four hours later-

CC: Yeah mom, so everything is going to be on the up and up with Freq and the community. He always been talking about giving back for what the community did for him when he was a kid, and I commend him for that.

Mom: Yes, Frequency always have been the neighborhood's child. I think it's nice that you two can do something like this. It would definitely help keep some of those kids off the streets, turning to gangs, violence, and drugs.

CC: Definitely mama, it could've easily been Freq or me, but you raised us better than that.

Mom: Your father and I would have done any and everything to keep you kids straight.

-The locks to the apartment door unlocks loudly just before the door opened-

Mom: Speaking of your father..

Dad: Hey there my beautiful ladies, how y'all doing?

Mom: We're fine, just chatting, talking about her and Frequency community plans.

Dad: Oh, that's nice. Sound like Freq already putting you to work.

TI: Actually, that was all her idea. I'm just the guy signing off.

CC: Tariq isn't the only Iverson in the family that got big plans.

-Dad and I got settled in as mom got up to make us some hot coco-

TI: You wanna do it now or later?

Dad: Yeah, now's a good time, sure.

CC: Good time for what?

-Dad just winks at CC as she invest into her curiosity. Dad pulls out the gifts from the bag, two small boxes, one each apparently for a ring and necklace. Cee-Cee gasping in shock as Dad falls down to one knee slowly, I my-self being to smile.-

Dad: Ah, sweetheart..

Mom: Yes, dear?

Dad: Turn around for a minute..

-Mom set both glass mugs on the counter before complying to his request. Upon turning, Mom lost her breath, speechless for words for what she was seeing. She slowly made her way over to her husband.-

Dad: For twenty-four years, you made me the most happiest man on the entire earth. From the first moment we met in the post office, I knew you were the one for me and the only woman that can connect with my soul. For twenty-four years, my life has been total bliss, filled with happiness and joy. Waking up every morning next to you to see your smile. Everyday you glow full of happiness, full of life, and I want to continue being a part of the reasons why you were able to find true happiness and love. For our twenty-fifth anniversary, I would like for us to renew our vows to each other. So for richer or poorer, in sickness or health, will you re-marry me?

-The room was as silient as the night before Mom gave her answer with flooding tears. Dad open the ring box, revealing a 14K white gold diamond eternity ring.-

Mom: Yes! Yes I will!

-Cee-Cee began to get teary-eyed as I wrapped my arm around her. To see our parents so in love was a beautiful thing. Watching that magic moment my Dad slipping the ring onto Mom's finger, it ran across my mind. Maybe I should get ready to marry Yvette. Dad also gifted her a locket necklace. Mom opened the locket only to see two baby pictures of Cee-Cee and I, one on each side.-

TI: Merry Christmas mom!

Mom: Oh thank you! Thank you all! You all made me the happiest woman alive!

-With sentiment in the air, we lasted a group hug and a prayer, hoping nothing but good fortune to come to the Iverson family for the rest of our days.-
------
Old 10-25-2015, 04:22 PM   #103
MVP

infamyice's Arena

12 POINTS, 18 MINUTES LATER...
DECEMBER 28TH, 2016

-And there she is... Tamina Padilla... First crush... First love... First heartbreak...-

-Tamina and I go way back as 3rd grade at P.S. 98. Back then, she was little girl who wore her broken glasses with tape wrapped in the middle, like a common nerd. Picked on by both sides, for either having a black dad, or a spanish mother, which was strange since African-Americans men love them some Spanish women, but I guess it wasn't that situation back then.-

-Tamina didn't have much friends back then as we grew up. We had most of our classes together, but we were total strangers until one day a couple of girls were trying to rag on her and I intervened. Since there, we became close friends. She didn't live too far from the Towers, so I always insisted I walked her home. You could feel the eyes of her enemies knifing us in the back. But she was my friend, Vic and I saw to it that we protect her.-

-Her dad wasn't really there in her life. Between hustling drugs and doing bids, she mostly grew up seeing her dad on the other side of the table or glass window. Her mom on the other hand, she owned a flower shop just below their building. Catholic, nice and sweet. Tamina would sometimes work there with her mom on weekends and school breaks. Vic and I would run deliveries to make a little change to get by through the days. I believe this was the turning point where we became closer than friends. With all the pretty flowers and butterflies in my stomach, I knew I liked her. School crush stuff, but that didn't last long.-

-Tamina and her mom moved up north in the Bronx, in Yonkers after her mom sold her shop. Our relationship didn't involve no phone since were so close by each other. When she moved, I lost all connections to her. Even during summer vacations, there was no sign of her to be around in the old neighborhood. Figured she forgotten about me. Perhaps it was best, it left my second love to become my first priority, basketball.-

-About two or three years later, I was beginning my freshman year at Parkside HS, I head my focus on basketball and my grades. If I wanted to go to college on a full scholarship, then I need to grind out and ball out. Not expecting my first year in high school to be anymore than it should be, down the hallway from my locker, a beautiful female caught my eye. Off the bat, she seemed familiar, but I could never pinpoint who she was or where I met her. Not until she pulled out a pair of glasses with tape wrapped around the middle. Instantly, I knew it was Tamina. After some time, we made things official. I was happy she was back in my life. As turbulent my first year at Parkside was, thanks to Vic and his schemes, Tamina was the balance. Classes together, studied together, lunch together, she was there for all of my games. She was definitely one of the homies. Even Vic and her was tight again.-

-Then things changed once again, so suddenly. Just before my last game in my freshman year, Tamina and I hung out. Just me and her. Doing things we had no business doing in a public school. Nobody said we were saints though. She was my first. That day was a special day, at least to me. The next day, game night shows up, and Tamina was nowhere to be found in the crowd, or the building. I had Vic look around for her, but I came back with nobody and no answers. And just like that, Tamina was gone, again. I knew after that, I was totally booked on classes and focused on my game. For someone to up and leave, that's a mystery in it-self. But for six years, for somebody to have been possibly watching you all this time, now wanting to step out from the shadows, that's a question that need answers... But I wasn't ready for them...-

Coach: Freq! Hey! You paying attention?

TI: Uh- yeah, sorry coach, I'm here.

C: I don't need you daydreaming right now. Do that on your own time. It's the second half, ball is in your court. We got them where we want them, so do not let this game slip away. Focus... Focus.

TI: I got you coach, loud and clear.

-The horn blew, signaling the end of time out. We parted from the bench as the dancers pranced off the court and out the corner of my eye, I caught a glimpse of Tamina looking at me.-

TI: Game time bitches...
Old 10-25-2015, 04:25 PM   #104
MVP

Trent Booty's Arena

Interesting! Excited to see where this goes!

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »