Home

S**T Another Basketball Dynasty

This is a discussion on S**T Another Basketball Dynasty within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2018, 03:20 AM   #1
MVP

RolePlayer's Arena

OVR: 0
S**T Another Basketball Dynasty

When the Toronto Raptors swung the blockbuster trade for Kawhi Leonard earlier this summer, it represented a huge risk for the franchise. Not only did they give up an All-Star and fan favorite in DeMar DeRozan along with a first-round pick, but Leonard is a free agent next summer and might end up leaving.

If the Raptors don't meet expectations this season and Leonard leaves, they could wind up in rebuilding mode very quickly. Which is why they'll do everything in their power to convince Leonard to stay in Toronto long term.

We've seen that this strategy can work, as just this summer the Thunder were able to convince Paul George to spurn Los Angeles to stay in Oklahoma City. Masai Ujiri and the Raptors will hope they can do the same.

Indeed, with LeBron James winging westward, the Raptors have a legitimate chance at securing the one seed in the East again, with their Atlantic Division rivals the Boston Celtics and Philadelphia 76ers shaping up to be their closest competition.

Although fans reacted negatively to the (unceremonious) departure of DeRozan, the addition of Kawhi Leonard is a power move in the open East. Although DeRozan is an All-Star talent, the addition of Leonard and three-point sharpshooter Danny Green will be an improvement to their roster, especially on the defensive end.

Kahwi Leonard’s defensive prowess is well documented, as he is perhaps the second-best two-way player in the league after LeBron James. Leonard’s hardnosed defense should be an upgrade over the more offensive-minded DeRozan; last season, Leonard posted a 38.8% defensive field goal percentage to DeRozan’s 44.6%. The 2017-18 Raptors ranked fifth in defensive rating, and it should improve further with the additions of Leonard and Green. Danny Green has improved greatly on the defensive end over the course of his nine-year NBA career, culminating in an All-Defensive Second Team nod in 2017.

Pairing an improved Raptor defense with last season’s third-best offense in the league should all but guarantee a playoff berth this season

Last edited by RolePlayer; 09-18-2018 at 11:52 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2018, 03:22 AM   #2
MVP

RolePlayer's Arena

Re: S**T Another Basketball Dynasty

Old 09-18-2018, 03:23 AM   #3
MVP

RolePlayer's Arena

Myleague, will be the usual 30 team myleague with me controlling most major moves. The difficulty will be changing a lot as a just got the game so bare with me.

Last edited by RolePlayer; 09-20-2018 at 11:28 AM.
Old 09-18-2018, 08:00 AM   #4
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Ah, the Raptors! Good pick, they were a consideration for me as well. I think Kawhi is gonna have a heck of a season for them.
Old 09-18-2018, 10:03 AM   #5
MVP

RolePlayer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekfan
Ah, the Raptors! Good pick, they were a consideration for me as well. I think Kawhi is gonna have a heck of a season for them.
Yeah originally, I was gonna do my Hornets but then I just couldn't. I don't know why but I always have problems doing franchises as my favorite team. I feel like I gotta get my favorite players stats and I don't want to trade anyone.

Raptors should be very interesting, especially now since I saw some reports the Raptors might have a good shot at retaining him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2018, 10:14 AM   #6
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

remember to save your file about 3 or 4 times lol
Old 09-18-2018, 10:51 AM   #7
MVP

RolePlayer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan
remember to save your file about 3 or 4 times lol
I was thinking 12 and four flash drives
Old 09-18-2018, 12:34 PM   #8
Pro

Cruzerr's Arena

Love the choice (and the title), should be a fun one to follow!

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »