Home

Atlanta Hawks 2k19 "Trusting The Process Again"

This is a discussion on Atlanta Hawks 2k19 "Trusting The Process Again" within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-07-2018, 07:10 PM   #121
炭治郎

kibaxx7's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Atlanta Hawks 2k19 "Trusting The Process Again"

Nice to see you won't tank, but the season is still young. Maybe you will reconsider later...?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2018, 09:00 AM   #122
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderxx7
Nice to see you won't tank, but the season is still young. Maybe you will reconsider later...?
I really haven't looked into the draft class in detail yet as that's one of the things I have to do today. When I used the upcoming rookie class in the all star game they were rated to high so I had to go back and pick another one. Even if I decide to not tank I may still end up with a top 5 pick lol

I have a specific need and type of player that I am looking for which I will have a article about today
Old 11-08-2018, 01:37 PM   #123
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

Finding a Elite Defending SG

When you look at this current Hawks roster you still have 1 glaring hole and that's a defense minded SG that can guard #1 scoring options at both PG and SG. Its possible Atlanta can use their assets to land the person in the draft and we will look at the rookie options later. Today we will take a look at the best defense SG in the NBA and rank them into 3 possible categories. Finding a player who is good enough to be your starting SG and be your #1 defender is a must to take this team to the next level. He also needs to be able to guard PG's then allow Trae Young to take the easier assignment of SG's. Atlanta is looking for a B+ in perimeter defense or maybe B if the player is young and capable of improving

Untouchables
Jimmy Butler - 1st year with the Knicks and older then Hawks core
Klay Thompson - 1st year with the Lakers
Victor Oladipo - Pacers are one of East better teams
Jaylen Brown - Celtics aren't giving him up
Shai Gilgeous Alexander - With Kawhi would only think about trading him for a proven star

Possible Trade Targets
Marcus Smart - The Celtics can afford to trade him with Irving, Brown and Rozier at G. They are ways to acquire him with 1st round picks or even draft pick swaps. A issue for Atlanta Is that he is a low end starter or high end backup. So while its good that it wouldn't cost a top 5 pick to grab him he isn't likely to make you one of the better teams in the East.

Mikal Bridges - The suns likely wont trade him if they make the playoffs if they fail to reach it then its possible they look to move him for someone like John Collins to improve the 4.

Gary Harris - A perfect fit its just a matter of what it would cost to get him. Denver doesn't have a 1st round pick this year and missed the playoffs last year.

Josh Richardson - He would be similar to Smart in a lot of ways and he is one of the better 2 way players in the league.

Kris Middleton - The Bucks likely don't trade him if they go deep in the playoffs after last years positive season and him signing a new contract. He can play SG however with his size might not be able to guard elite scoring PG's

Not Likely
Andre Robinson - Is more of a bench player
Kyle Anderson - Cant guard PG because his speed and plays SF
Avery Bradley - Is a FA at the end of the year
Old 11-08-2018, 03:08 PM   #124
Pro

Cruzerr's Arena

I like the idea of both Harris and Richardson, with Richardson probably being the easier one to go for.
Old 11-08-2018, 03:42 PM   #125
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzerr
I like the idea of both Harris and Richardson, with Richardson probably being the easier one to go for.
I definitely have a target in mind I want to get I was just trying to not tip my hand on who it is. Yea Harris is around a 84 overall and Richardson 81 with Harris making about double.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2018, 04:37 PM   #126
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

Player Profile - Kevin Huerter

Kevin can shoot he can really really shoot and as expected he struggled his rookie year. We expect him to breakout in his 2nd year and he has set personal goals at 13 ppg, 42 FG % and 40% from 3. When we say breakout we don't think he will be in the most improved award race, but we expect he will establish himself as one of the best shooters in the league.

Its a big year for him as this could be the last one where he is the clear cut starter at SG. He will split time with rookie Deandre Hunter however he will still play 25+ minutes a game. He needs to establish himself as a legit force from 3 and help improve his chemistry with Trae Young if they are going to become something close to Curry and Klay on the offense side of the ball. He should get more open looks this year with Zion, Bol grabbing rebounds and Trae a proven scorer. He will need to improve his defense or he will likely be coming off the bench next year.

Old 11-12-2018, 05:24 PM   #127
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

Hawks Update 11-20-19

Hawks 113 - Bulls 102
I mentioned this in passing the Hawks pick up their 1st win of the season here behind Bol's 22 and 9. Wendall Carter was fantasic for Chicago with 27-19-4 and 4.

Hawks 123 - Bucks 93
The Greak Freak's 24-15-7 isn't enough as Atlanta wins in a blowout. Bol has another good game with 17-8-5 and 3 blocks. John Collins also has a double double with 15 and 15. The player of the game was Trae Young with a career high 46 points he also added 8 assist.

Hawks 103 - Magic 90
Bamba did his part with 22 and 18 however Atlanta picks up the win which is 3 in a row. Bol continues his great play with 19 and 16. Collins has 22 and 9 and Young goes for 23 with 12 assist with both John and Trae having 3 steals.

76ers 97 - Hawks 93
The win streak is stopped as the 76ers hang on after a late surge in the 4th quarter. Ben Simmons was everwhere with 22-12-13 and 5 steals. Trae leads the way with 25 points for Atlanta.

Hawks 105 - Magic 88
Its looking like a rough year for Orlando as their rookie PG will miss the season. Bol has another double and adds 4 blocks while Prince had is best game in a long time with 25. Bamba once again played well 17 and 12.

Hawks 108 Raptors 96
Another big win for Atlanta making it 5 out of 6 and 6 Hawks scored in double figures. Zion is off to a slow start however he scores 20 here and Collins matched his scoring with 20 as well. Valaciunas has 20 and 17 for Toronto.

Old 11-13-2018, 09:28 AM   #128
炭治郎

kibaxx7's Arena

5 in 6, the team is coming together!

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »