Home

NBA2K Remix: Retro Stars in the Modern Era

This is a discussion on NBA2K Remix: Retro Stars in the Modern Era within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-31-2020, 06:01 PM   #73
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA2K Remix: Retro Stars in the Modern Era

The High Post: Murray and Bird Outduel KD and Kyrie
By Sam Gray

The Brooklyn Nets came into the season with high expectations, especially after making the playoffs last season without Durant and Irving, but so far have had difficulty finding a consistent starting lineup around the two stars. The Spurs, by comparison, seemed to have solved almost all their positional issues with just one offseason.

The first quarter saw both teams struggle though as the Spurs came out cold, and the Nets came out colder, as both teams missed their first four shots.

As the first dragged on, both teams managed to find some consistency, but it was a shoddy shooting night after one. In the second, the Spurs found their shot and it came after a devastating block Bird had on Irving.

That block energized the team and the nets — and the Nets — were scorched as Murray and Bird lit Brooklyn up. Murray got inside repeatedly as Irving was slow on the rotation and the Nets bigs were slow on the switch — the frontcourt of Allen and Jordan just couldn’t get the pressure they needed to upset Murray. By the half, the Spurs were up big on the road.

The second half was a rout as San Antonio simply cruised in the third, then withstood a run by the Nets in the fourth — Murray, again, was the one to shut down the Nets scoring run and came away with multiple steals.

Around the NBA:

The Bucks suffer a tough loss to the Lakers, as Milwaukee got blistered in a 32-22 fourth quarter by LA — giving the Lakers a 109-102 win. LeBron finished with 39-11-1 as the Greek Freak matched with 36-14-7, two superstars battling it out; Milwaukee got some surprise production from Grayson Allen (12 points) and nothing from Middleton (ice cold, 3-12 for the night). LA lost Carmelo with an injury however and it looks like he’ll miss 4-6 weeks.

The Suns demolished the Nuggets 127-88 as Phoenix killed Denver’s defense. Booker and Johnson had typical games, but the big news was the bigs of Phoenix as Ayton pitched in 29-17, while Horford added 20-7-6 as Phoenix thoroughly dominated Denver.
Old 03-31-2020, 09:21 PM   #74
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Thinking on it, would you guys find it too terrible if I brought in the 1984 class this year, then 1996 next year? Just make this thing crazy from the get go?

Or do you prefer the slow phase in of the retro era stars?

Let me know your thoughts. Kinda itchin' to see how how those retro stars, all fighting each other in the league, fare.
Old 03-31-2020, 09:44 PM   #75
MVP

studbucket's Arena

OVR: 8

Based solely on the few dynasties you tried out 1-2 years ago, I've seen you do the influx of stars and I have a preference for the slow build up.

In fact, it kinda feels like you should maybe completely randomize what class shows up, maybe to keep yourself from itching too much.

Of course, this is your thing, not ours, but my observations from afar

🏈RIFLE - a dystopian football league.

🏀Bringing Back the Buzz - my first dynasty.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2020, 09:54 PM   #76
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by studbucket
Based solely on the few dynasties you tried out 1-2 years ago, I've seen you do the influx of stars and I have a preference for the slow build up.

In fact, it kinda feels like you should maybe completely randomize what class shows up, maybe to keep yourself from itching too much.

Of course, this is your thing, not ours, but my observations from afar

That is a fair point, this happens to me a lot -- I get involved, get inpatient, and want to get to the good classes ASAP, lol. That's very true.

A randomizer is not a bad idea at all -- that would add some variety ... so I ran the draft classes available through the randomizer (setting the max to be the 2002 draft class, as I think there may be some 2002 players still floating around the league, but not 100% sure) and it landed on 1985.

So, the choices so far -- stick with 1981 next, then do 82-84 before possibly jumping ahead to 96 (just to see Kobe and co. play against the 80s stars in their primes).

Jump to 1984, then do 96, then do whatever after.

Or, per the randomizer, use the 1985 class (Ewing, Malone, Mullin, all guys who never could get a ring because of Jordan).

What do you guys want? I'm open to any suggestions of course, so if you have another idea, pitch it. I don't want to kill the league with too much talent too soon.
Old 03-31-2020, 09:57 PM   #77
MVP

studbucket's Arena

OVR: 8

The random thing would keep you on your toes for stories, and '85 sounds like a lot of fun I'll let others chime in too though.

🏈RIFLE - a dystopian football league.

🏀Bringing Back the Buzz - my first dynasty.
Old 04-01-2020, 12:46 AM   #78
MVP

RolePlayer's Arena

You've been on a roll so far moving quickly, I agree with Studbuckets about the draft class however.
Old 04-01-2020, 08:28 AM   #79
Retro NBA Nut

RMJH4's Arena

OVR: 19

I like the idea of randomiser, but it is your dynasty too so it's what you feel most comfortable about. I cannot wait to get the 1996 draft into my own story, so i would be saying get them in soon!yea 1984 first is you are doing it. Insanely good league if you get those two drafts in early on. But no harm to mix it up with 1992 aswell, getting Shaq and Alonzo in there to see can they take it back to a big man style league is also an interesting option.. I know you have then got to get Ewing in there from 1985 to battle them!

On another note, good to see Bird is getting MAJOR HELP from Dejounte!!
Old 04-01-2020, 08:43 AM   #80
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolePlayer
You've been on a roll so far moving quickly, I agree with Studbuckets about the draft class however.
Quote:
Originally Posted by seaboh
I like the idea of randomiser, but it is your dynasty too so it's what you feel most comfortable about. I cannot wait to get the 1996 draft into my own story, so i would be saying get them in soon!yea 1984 first is you are doing it. Insanely good league if you get those two drafts in early on. But no harm to mix it up with 1992 aswell, getting Shaq and Alonzo in there to see can they take it back to a big man style league is also an interesting option.. I know you have then got to get Ewing in there from 1985 to battle them!

On another note, good to see Bird is getting MAJOR HELP from Dejounte!!

Yeah, I'm pretty torn on what I should do ... I'm going to have to look at the historic classes in depth and see just how stacked they are for 84 and 96 (I think STACKED but that's just how I remember it). Realistically, I don't want teams outside the lottery to stumble onto HOFers, so if I can manage to avoid that MAYBE we can pull it off.

Then again, if we just phase the classes naturally up till 84, then jump to 96, all those previously drafted players will be pretty good by then anyway (assuming they develop and don't get crippled by injuries). Knowledge of the future is a burden, lol.

I'm leaning towards sticking with my original plan -- just keep it in order till 84 and then jump around.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »