Home

Michael Jordan, Orange Fur and Eternal Mediocrity

This is a discussion on Michael Jordan, Orange Fur and Eternal Mediocrity within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-13-2020, 04:54 PM   #9
MVP

RolePlayer's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Michael Jordan, Orange Fur and Eternal Mediocrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by studbucket
Awesome. Only 1 question: how many players will he punch?
Old 04-13-2020, 06:00 PM   #10
MVP

RolePlayer's Arena

Bobcats Aquire Jason Richardson, P.J Tucker

Jordan works out with newly acquired Bobcat Jason Richardson.

Bobcats Looking to Make Playoff Run

CHARLOTTE (AP) -- Today, Michael Jordan went looking for the go-to scorer the Charlotte Bobcats lacked in their first three NBA seasons. The Bobcats acquired swingman Jason Richardson from the Golden
State Warriors for North Carolina's Brandan Wright, the eighth pick in the draft. Charlotte also got the Warriors' second-round pick, forward Jermareo Davidson of Alabama.

When asked about the deal Jordan responded with "Can he be a Michael Jordan? We're not expecting him to be," Jordan said. "Can he be a piece that helps us finish ball games alot better? Can he give us a little more firepower on the offensive end? Yes."

Richardson was a key piece of the Warriors team that upset the number one seeded Dallas Mavericks last season.

The Bobcats had inside information on Richardson from general manager Rod Higgins, who was hired last month after three seasons with the Warriors. Richardson developed in Oakland after being chosen with the fifth pick in the 2001 draft.

"He'll blend in, but more importantly he's that guy who wants to score the ball in the clutch," Higgins said. "He's a terrific player, a terrific human being."

In a more under the radar move the Bobcats signed forward PJ Tucker to a one year deal, Tucker played 17 games for the Raptors last year and is expected to appear for the Bobcats Summer League team.

Old 04-13-2020, 08:10 PM   #11
MVP

RolePlayer's Arena

Cavaliers Recieve: Vince Carter SG, Darrell Armstrong PG
Nets Recieve: Anderson Varejao C, Eric Snow PG, Sasha Pavlovic SF, '08 1rst Round, '08 2nd Round Pick

Cavaliers Land Vince Carter

CLEVELAND (AP) -- In an unexpected blockbuster deal, the Cavaliers landed ALL NBA shooting guard Vince Carter from the Nets. Carter was expected to be on the block after the Nets traded point guard Jason Kidd in the Summer to the Mavericks. New Jersey's front office has decided to move on from the Kidd era and rebuild. With the only notable player from last year's roster left being Richard Jefferson.

Although Vince Carter isn't the player he was several years ago, he is still able to be an elite second option for the Cavaliers and possibly the co-star Lebron has needed. After last year's finals loss and the Celtics new big three, the Cavs needed a splash if they wanted to return to the finals. This trade should give them the ability to compete with any team in the NBA. The only significant loss for the Cavs is big man Anderson Varejo however, Varejo was not expected to get much playing time behind Ben Wallace and Big Z.

For the Nets, the trade launches their rebuild. They get an interesting prospect in Sasha Pavlovic. Anderson Varejo is a young promising big man, who will get the opportunity to grow into an elite defender in New Jersey instead of sitting behind two veteran big men.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2020, 09:51 PM   #12
MVP

RolePlayer's Arena

Bobcats Season Preview
September 28th, 2007

CHARLOTTE -- The NBA season is just around the corner as the Bobcats started training camp today. The franchise is entering it's fourth season and after three years of being a cellar dweller Michael Jordan is making it clear he's ready to compete. By hiring veteran coach Jeff Van Gundy and trading for Jason Richardson the Bobcats have placed themselves firmly into the race for the 8th seed this season.

Today I noticed that second-year player, Adam Morisson was primarily running with the starting unit. Morisson had an up and down season last year but showed his scoring potential in flashes. Morisson had twelve twenty-point games, with the highlight of his season a 30pt game against the Pacers a few days after Christmas. Morisson primarily came off the bench last year, however, this year he will be getting the opportunity to start.

For the rookies, 22nd pick Jared Dudley ran most of his reps with the second unit and second-round pick Jermareo Davidson ran with the reserves. PJ Tucker the surprising standout from the Summer league also ran with the second unit.

Emeka Okafor spent much of his time after practice working one on one with Patrick Ewing, Ewing has developed a bond with the former rookie of the year taking him under his wing.

Last years leading scorer Gerald Wallace was only player other than Jason Richardson, who was able to draw reporters away from Michael Jordan to ask questions after Jordan sat in during the team's practice. New head coach Jeff Van Gundy has constantly praised the strides Wallace has made during the offseason, praising Wallace's newly added three-point shot.

"I don't want to give too much away but Gerald's gonna be shooting it, expect to see him hitting threes this year," said Van Gundy when asked about Wallace. Wallace only averaged .5 threes per game last season, adding range to his arsenal could be a major step forward in his game.

Old 04-13-2020, 10:14 PM   #13
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Love that you took the Jordan Bobcats, I have a special place in my heart for that team (awful as they were for their short time around). J-Rich is a stud, you'll have fun with him.

Cleveland trading for Vince is a GREAT move, as he's not washed up yet like Shaq will be when they get him -- I don't know if it's enough for LeBron to get back to the Finals, but I think they're just a piece away ... maybe if they finally trade JJ Hickson like they should have, they might have something for LeBron to hang onto.
Old 04-14-2020, 01:08 AM   #14
MVP

RolePlayer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekfan
Love that you took the Jordan Bobcats, I have a special place in my heart for that team (awful as they were for their short time around). J-Rich is a stud, you'll have fun with him.

Cleveland trading for Vince is a GREAT move, as he's not washed up yet like Shaq will be when they get him -- I don't know if it's enough for LeBron to get back to the Finals, but I think they're just a piece away ... maybe if they finally trade JJ Hickson like they should have, they might have something for LeBron to hang onto.
The Bobcats from 2006 - 2014 were a pretty fun team with a lot of interesting storylines that not many people would know if they weren't hardcore Charlotte fans. The 2007-08 team that I'm playing is the first NBA team I ever followed. We didn't have the cable package that picked up the Bobcats games, so I listened to all 82 games on local radio lmao.

The Cavs actually don't have JJ Hickson at this point and probably won't acquire him now that they gave up their first. I really believe in this VC + Lebron tandem, Vince is still an 87 overall so he and Lebron should have some really good years imo before he starts to decline or Lebron leaves. Big Z and Ben Wallace make a lethal interior duo too.
Old 04-14-2020, 01:22 AM   #15
炭治郎

kibaxx7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolePlayer
We didn't have the cable package that picked up the Bobcats games, so I listened to all 82 games on local radio

Man, I salute you on that commitment. Good luck here Role, I will be sure to follow.
Signs (2002), The Other (1972), Ferrari (2023) ×
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2020, 01:22 AM   #16
MVP

RolePlayer's Arena

Sloppy Play Costs Bobcats Versus Bulls
October 23rd, 2007

CHARLOTTE -- The Bobcats and Bulls faced off today to tip off their respective seasons. Both teams are expected to possibly be battling it out for the 8th seed in the East this season.

The Bobcats started strong, led by an impressive first quarter by Emeka Okafor who picked up four points, six boards and two blocks in the opening quarter. After Luol Deng scored a quick six points to start the half, Bobcats coach Jeff Van Gundy called a timeout to switch Wallace on Deng and Morisson on Gooden. Van Gundy's risk paid off as Wallace was able to shut down Deng and the Bulls never took advantage of the mismatch with Gooden on Morisson.

The Bobcat's struggles began in the second quarter, however, the Bobcats bench struggled to find their offensive stride. Jared Dudley shot an abysmal 1-8 in his first NBA game and the Bobcats were frequently shooting late into the shot clock. Ben Gordan started to find his groove for the Bulls as Matt Carroll was unable to do anything to stop his offensive onslaught. Bobcat's coach Jeff Van Gundy was unable to do anything as all his best defenders were catching a breath after the first quarter. Towards the end of the second Van Gundy threw Wallace and Richardson back in, this allowed the Bobcats to retake the lead.

In the third thing again went astray for Charlotte, all three of Wallace, Richardson, and Felton were unable to keep the ball in their hands turning the ball over eight times in the quarter. Ben Gordan's attack continued as he reigned in bucket after bucket from mid-range. When the bench came in for Charlotte everyone except Nzar Mohammed continued to struggle.

Gordan started the fourth with a three that lifted any energy out of the building. Wallace and Richardson were able to make some runs to cut into the Bull's lead but turnovers continued to take the air out of any possible comeback. With the Bobcats down six with a minute and a half left, Emeka Okafor missed an easy post shot which ended any hope of a comeback.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »