Home

Reloaded - The San Antonio Spurs

This is a discussion on Reloaded - The San Antonio Spurs within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-01-2021, 09:24 AM   #9
Just some dude...

BobbyColtrane's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Game 2: Wizards at Spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knickerbocker91
Amazing 3PT defense to open the season, but between New York and Washington they weren't really scaring anyone from beyond the arc.
Yeah, I have my eye on this. Washington and NY aren't good three point shooting teams, but if everyone shoots this poorly against me I may have to move to Hall of Fame difficulty or adjust some sliders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfsJunkie
Wow, Washington was a mess. Nice start out of the gate.
I picked up on a couple things defensively to do that really work. Especially because I have pretty good perimeter defenders. Hopefully the rest of the games are a little more challenging.
Old 04-01-2021, 09:49 AM   #10
Just some dude...

BobbyColtrane's Arena

Game 3: Trail Blazers at Spurs

103 99

Spurs get off to 3-0 start to new season with win over Blazers

SAN ANTONIO– Damian Lillard came into Monday night's game with the Spurs averaging a scorching 39 points per game over his first two outings. The Spurs couldn't slow him down, but escaped with a 103-99 win anyway.

One night after pouring in 52 points in a 146-98 pasting of the Mavericks in Dallas, Lillard finished with 43 points as San Antonio outlasted Portland to move to 3-0 on the young season. “He is a phenomenal player,” Spurs guard Dejounte Murray said after the game. “We were just trying to limit his open looks.”

After trailing by as many as 15 points, the Blazers tied the game at 88 with 3:02 left on Lillard's sixth three of the night. San Antonio answered with a 4-point possession when DeMar DeRozan hit a technical foul shot after a defensive 3 seconds call on Jusuf Nurkic, and Derrick White hit a three.

The teams traded continued to trade punches over the next 2 minutes until, up one and with the ball, DeRozan drew a double team and swung the ball to Derrick White for another 3 to give the Silver and Black a 4 point lead with just 16.9 remaining.

Up Next: The Spurs head west for a 2-game road trip, facing the LA Clippers on Halloween, before heading north to take on the Warriors. The Clippers have gotten off to a rocky start with their reconfigured roster, and are just 2-3 so far on the year.

PLAY OF THE GAME

DeRozan draws a double, finds White for the clincher

Portland Trailblazers (2-1) at San Antonio Spurs (3-0)
Oct 28, 20191234Final
Portland2523203199
San Antonio21262927103
Top Performers
Portland Trailblazers
Damian Lillard 43 PTS
Mario Hezonja 18 PTS, 7 REB, 3 AST
San Antonio Spurs
DeMar DeRozan 17 PTS, 6 REB, 7 AST
Dejounte Murray 17 PTS, 4 REB, 5 AST
Team Stats Comparison
PORSAS
FG Made-Att41-100 41%40-90 44%
3PT Made-Att10-28 36%6-21 29%
FT Made-Att7-8 88%17-18 94%
Rebounds5259
Assists1926
Turnovers59
Steals64
Blocks611
Old 04-02-2021, 11:23 PM   #11
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Reloaded - The San Antonio Spurs

Impressive wins for the Spurs - the Blazers were their first real test and they passed it. The question, as always, is can the team avoid major injuries and can the young ones step up? Looking forward to seeing how the season unfolds.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2021, 12:46 PM   #12
Pro

dfsJunkie's Arena

Nice patience from the post to find White. Your Spurs dynasties are always my favorite to follow.
Old 04-06-2021, 07:12 PM   #13
Just some dude...

BobbyColtrane's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekfan
Impressive wins for the Spurs - the Blazers were their first real test and they passed it. The question, as always, is can the team avoid major injuries and can the young ones step up? Looking forward to seeing how the season unfolds.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Yeah it will be a fun season. I'm hoping the young guys' development lets me find a trade for derozan or aldridge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfsJunkie
Nice patience from the post to find White. Your Spurs dynasties are always my favorite to follow.
wow, thanks man! there are a lot of cool threads in this forum, I'm flattered!
Old 04-12-2021, 03:31 PM   #14
Just started!

The Spurs are in an interesting spot, with lots of solid young guys, but none (in my opinion) with obvious superstar-level potential. Looking forward to seeing what you do with the squad!

What's your cap space like next offseason?
Old 04-15-2021, 04:33 PM   #15
Just some dude...

BobbyColtrane's Arena

Game 4: Spurs at Clippers

102 94

Spurs improve to 4-0 with victory against Kawhi Leonard's Clippers

LOS ANGELES– The San Antonio Spurs overcame a cold shooting night to notch a 102-94 victory over the LA Clippers. SA shot just 40% from the field but dominated the Clippers on the glass en route to the win.

“They're a tough team. You can tell they are still working out the kinks, with so many new players. But they will be a problem come playoff time,” Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said.

San Antonio led by as many as 14 points in the first half as the Clippers struggled to get on track. But the Clippers roared back in the 2nd quarter to narrow the deficit to just one at halftime, 50-49. Down the stretch, San Antonio made a succession of clutch baskets to ice the victory.

Up Next: The Spurs break north for a game against the Warriors in the new Chase Center in San Francisco tomorrow night. Golden State is 2-2 on the season so far.

PLAY OF THE GAME

”He's a little bitch, isn't he?” “Yes.”

San Antonio Spurs (4-0) at Los Angeles Clippers (3-3)
Oct 31, 20191234Final
San Antonio32182329102
Los Angeles2029192694
Top Performers
San Antonio Spurs
DeMar DeRozan 19 PTS, 5 REB
Rudy Gay 31-5-4
Los Angeles Clippers
Kawhi Leonard 31 PTS, 5 REB, 4 AST
Paul George 11 PTS, 10 REB, 3 AST 5-14 FGA
Team Stats Comparison
SASLAC
FG Made-Att35-88 40%39-90 43%
3PT Made-Att7-15 47%9-27 33%
FT Made-Att25-32 78%7-12 58%
Rebounds6848
Assists1821
Turnovers1412
Steals910
Blocks36
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2021, 04:37 PM   #16
Just some dude...

BobbyColtrane's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldsoundz123
The Spurs are in an interesting spot, with lots of solid young guys, but none (in my opinion) with obvious superstar-level potential. Looking forward to seeing what you do with the squad!

What's your cap space like next offseason?
Yeah we don't have a real superstar. This could be an awesome support system though, for the right star. There are a number of quality players on the team that have potential.

DeRozan can opt out this summer, and Aldridge is in a unique position, because he makes $24 million next season, but only $6m of it is guaranteed. So if I want to take advantage of that, I would just trade him to another team, edit his contract down, and then cut him.

Thanks for reading dude.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »