Home

Thunder Up! Rebuild in OKC [NBA 2k22]

This is a discussion on Thunder Up! Rebuild in OKC [NBA 2k22] within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2022, 10:29 AM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Thunder Up! Rebuild in OKC [NBA 2k22]

Welp, Josh Giddey shot 1-16... seems like a few more attacks on the basket might have helped you pull ahead. I'm enjoying the early struggles, it's realistic.
Old 06-17-2022, 02:52 PM   #58
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuzz
Welp, Josh Giddey shot 1-16... seems like a few more attacks on the basket might have helped you pull ahead. I'm enjoying the early struggles, it's realistic.

He did attack the rim throughout the game but Porzingis was throwing a block party. He also missed shots he would typically hit in the paint. Just an all-around crap game from the rookie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 06-21-2022, 11:50 AM   #59
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

Old 06-21-2022, 12:09 PM   #60
MVP

studbucket's Arena

OVR: 8

Wonderful preview. I look forward to seeing how the ping pong balls and records play out for the Thunder. I could see the Clippers being a high variance team and maybe not keeping up that 5-2 start.

🏈RIFLE - a dystopian football league.

🏀Bringing Back the Buzz - my first dynasty.
Old 06-21-2022, 02:34 PM   #61
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

Thunder Acquire RJ Hampton From Magic

In an effort to add another dynamic athlete, ball handler and shooter on the wings, the Thunder have agreed to a deal with the Orlando Magic to acquire young RJ Hampton (74 OVR). The 6’4”, 20-year old wing will fit in perfectly with the current age of the roster and be brought along and developed with the young core. Between Shai Gilgeous-Alexander (88 OVR, 6’6”), Josh Giddey (82 OVR, 6’8”) and now Hampton, the backcourt should always have plus size at all times. Add in rookie Theo Maldeon (75 OVR, 6’4”) and there is no reason that the Thunder should ever lack a true ball handler or distributor on the floor at all times.

While Lu Dort (78 OVR) will continue to start at SF and Giddey at SG, the addition of Hampton will allow him to soak up most of the backup minutes on the wing. Off the bench the Thunder will also continue to try to unlock Tre Mann (78 OVR, 6’3”) as a dynamo scorer for the 2nd unit.

The hope with this move is to give the roster a bit more speed, versatility and shooting going forward, all of which it desperately needed. The loss of the 1st round pick is the cost of doing business when acquiring a young player like Hampton and the Thunder have plenty of other picks to play with in the coming years.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2022, 02:38 PM   #62
MVP

studbucket's Arena

OVR: 8

Great move. Hampton fits in well, the move makes sense for both teams, and ever since I heard Hampton interviewed on a Ryen Russillo podcast ~2 years ago, I've liked him. I hope this helps your 3pt shooting issues too.

🏈RIFLE - a dystopian football league.

🏀Bringing Back the Buzz - my first dynasty.
Old 06-21-2022, 03:29 PM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 0

I like the pickup, but not sure if he'll help the shooting woes...
Old 06-21-2022, 04:18 PM   #64
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

Kawhi, Clips Surgical Down Stretch

Paul George (19 pts, 11 reb, 7 ast, 2 stl) was active early as he paced the Clippers on offense through the first half. On this play he just flat out beats Josh Giddey (6 pts, 5 reb, 5 ast) down the floor and cocks one back for an emphatic finish on the break.

Tre Mann (17 pts, 5-11 3PT, 4 reb, 2 ast) was the scoring catalyst early for the Thunder as RJ Hampton finds him off the cut for a triple at the top of the key. For a team struggling to hit from deep, Mann’s shooting tonight was a welcomed sight.

When you’re a superstar, you never give up on a play. Kawhi Leonard (29 pts, 7 reb, 5 ast, 2 stl, 1 blk) threw a bad turnover on one end but hustles back and gets this block on Lu Dort (5 pts, 3 ast) on a fast break. At a time in the game where the Thunder were making things interesting, this was definitely a momentum saving block for the Clippers.

Down the stretch the Clippers leaned heavily on Kawhi Leonard and he didn’t disappoint. Lu Dort was tasked with trying to slow him down but Leonard got to his sweet spot in the mid range, elevated and knocked down tough jumpers over and over again.

Shai Gilgeous-Alexander (34 pts, 6 reb, 8 ast, 1 stl) did all he could to bring this one home for the Thunder down the stretch including this emphatic two-hand slam over Isaiah Hartenstein (11 pts, 6 reb, 2 blk). How can the Thunder find consistent help for their young stud guard?

When Kawhi wasn’t finishing over single coverage in the lane, he was finding open shooters in the corners on double teams. Marcus Morris Sr. (17 pts, 8 reb, 2 stl) was the beneficiary as he knocked down three triples on wide open looks due to Leonard’s gravity.

It was a game to forget for the newest member of the Thunder R.J. Hampton (0 pts, 2 reb, 2 ast, 0-10 FG). Struggling to score all game long, the young wing thought he had his first bucket in an OKC uniform late in this game on this layup attempt until Hartenstein came out of nowhere and blasted it off the glass. The only way to go is up for Hampton, right?

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »