Home

Fight Night Champion Demo Available Now, Post Impressions Here (360, PS3)

This is a discussion on Fight Night Champion Demo Available Now, Post Impressions Here (360, PS3) within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-01-2011, 03:43 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Fight Night Champion Demo Available Now, Post Impressions Here (360) PS3 Tonight

Thank you ChefDad. When I looked into the question before I asked here. The bulk of the results on Yahoo were for hacks or some miracle program that turns your ps3 into a home entertainment system and enables you to download anything you want. But I don't want any part of that. I'm just hoping there's a legitimate way to download it onto a PC then transfer it onto my PS3. I just wasn't sure if that's something people do like...upload the demo to a site for other people like you and I or whatever. Just hoping for the best. I usually don't ever download demo's but when it comes to this game, I'm not sure that I can wait. lol. Thanks again for your help. If you find a way, let me know. I will definitely do the same for you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2011, 03:55 PM   #42
The OS Artist Guy

NYG_Meth's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Fight Night Champion Demo Available Now, Post Impressions Here (360) PS3 Tonight

The more I play this demo, the more I love it. I've been playing almost exclusively online, and I've been able to outclass charging brawlers using my boxing IQ with some regularity. I just 1 punch KO'd a charging Tyson with a vicious straight from Ali. It was INCREDIBLY satisfying.
Old 02-01-2011, 03:58 PM   #43
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG_Meth
The more I play this demo, the more I love it. I've been playing almost exclusively online, and I've been able to outclass charging brawlers using my boxing IQ with some regularity. I just 1 punch KO'd a charging Tyson with a vicious straight from Ali. It was INCREDIBLY satisfying.
So you can (really) box sim like and beat a person that is just throwing 500 punches a round? I know you can only fight 3 rounds on the demo but is that the feeling you get from playing it?
Old 02-01-2011, 04:00 PM   #44
Pro

OVR: 0
The Damage System seems to be on point. I only had one dight against the cpu turn bloody but I was tearing up Ali with Mike and it was a phenomenal feeling. You could just see him wearing down as I was landing bombs with him up against the ropes. His damage was crazy and even flashed red in between the rounds, but he survived to the bell in the third, lol.

I lilke this community, gamers seem to me more knowledgable. When the full game releases I guess there is a new feature to create gyms with stables of fighters to set up tournaments and what not. It would be pretty sick to have one dedicated to Operation Sports members.
Old 02-01-2011, 04:16 PM   #45
The OS Artist Guy

NYG_Meth's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorblade
So you can (really) box sim like and beat a person that is just throwing 500 punches a round? I know you can only fight 3 rounds on the demo but is that the feeling you get from playing it?
YES! I was discouraged at first, but now that I've gotten comfortable with moving and countering, I really feel like I can pick my shots effectively against people who spam punches. Time your blocks right as they throw, and you can crack 'em with a counter. There's no silly parry animation or pause in the action either, it's very natural. I'm loving it so far.

Edit: Also, the new punch control is FANTASTIC! This is the first time with the sticks that I feel I can throw whatever i want, whenever I want without a slowdown in the action.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2011, 04:23 PM   #46
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG_Meth
YES! I was discouraged at first, but now that I've gotten comfortable with moving and countering, I really feel like I can pick my shots effectively against people who spam punches. Time your blocks right as they throw, and you can crack 'em with a counter. There's no silly parry animation or pause in the action either, it's very natural. I'm loving it so far.

Edit: Also, the new punch control is FANTASTIC! This is the first time with the sticks that I feel I can throw whatever i want, whenever I want without a slowdown in the action.
Told ya
Old 02-01-2011, 04:33 PM   #47
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Dave, just got word from Brizzo that nothing has been changed. If something gets changed with a tuner he will let us know.

So basically people are just getting better at the game and understanding the mechanics more is whats happening.
Old 02-01-2011, 04:38 PM   #48
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by BQ32
The Damage System seems to be on point. I only had one dight against the cpu turn bloody but I was tearing up Ali with Mike and it was a phenomenal feeling. You could just see him wearing down as I was landing bombs with him up against the ropes. His damage was crazy and even flashed red in between the rounds, but he survived to the bell in the third, lol.

I lilke this community, gamers seem to me more knowledgable. When the full game releases I guess there is a new feature to create gyms with stables of fighters to set up tournaments and what not. It would be pretty sick to have one dedicated to Operation Sports members.
This is a great boxing community. Most here are very mature people who can handle a healthy debate.
Of course, most of that goes out the window when discussing Pac and Mayweather.

Glad you're enjoying the demo. I can't wait to try it out when I get home.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »