Home

Fight Night Champion Demo Available Now, Post Impressions Here (360, PS3)

This is a discussion on Fight Night Champion Demo Available Now, Post Impressions Here (360, PS3) within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-01-2011, 04:44 PM   #49
The OS Artist Guy

NYG_Meth's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Fight Night Champion Demo Available Now, Post Impressions Here (360) PS3 Tonight

Just figured out that you sorta need to queue up your combos because there ISN'T 1-1 response time for combos--- it's a little delayed.
Old 02-01-2011, 04:52 PM   #50
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: Fight Night Champion Demo Available Now, Post Impressions Here (360) PS3 Tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG_Meth
Just figured out that you sorta need to queue up your combos because there ISN'T 1-1 response time for combos--- it's a little delayed.
I wonder if that'll be the case if you're fighting with a boxer who has 100 speed?
Could it be slightly attribute based or do you think it's control?
Old 02-01-2011, 04:56 PM   #51
The OS Artist Guy

NYG_Meth's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
I wonder if that'll be the case if you're fighting with a boxer who has 100 speed?
Could it be slightly attribute based or do you think it's control?
I'm using Pacquaio, and you still have to queue them up. To be honest, now that I'm getting used to it, it's actually kinda cool lol. I pick a spot, and time up a quick 1-1-2. Is it ideal? Not necessarily, but you can unleash lighting combos faster than I can ever remember. Just be careful and pick your spots so you don't get cracked mid-combo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2011, 04:57 PM   #52
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
The more I play this demo, the more I love it. I've been playing almost exclusively online, and I've been able to outclass charging brawlers using my boxing IQ with some regularity. I just 1 punch KO'd a charging Tyson with a vicious straight from Ali. It was INCREDIBLY satisfying.
1 punch Ko'd tyson with a straight? Doesn't sound very realistic to me. Maybe they just don't have the ratings right. A guy who could take a punch like Tyson should almost never have that happen. Unless maybe it were the latter rounds of the fight, and stamina played a role.
Old 02-01-2011, 04:59 PM   #53
The OS Artist Guy

NYG_Meth's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickmitchell22
1 punch Ko'd tyson with a straight? Doesn't sound very realistic to me. Maybe they just don't have the ratings right. A guy who could take a punch like Tyson should almost never have that happen. Unless maybe it were the latter rounds of the fight, and stamina played a role.
It was a counter power-straight right as he was throwing. Try getting hit with one of those full-power from Ali and tell me you shouldn't get rocked by that lol.
Old 02-01-2011, 05:03 PM   #54
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
It was a counter power-straight right as he was throwing. Try getting hit with one of those full-power from Ali and tell me you shouldn't get rocked by that lol.
I'm not talking about me, I was talking about Tyson. I'm saying that prime Tyson wouldn't be one punch KO'ed by a straight. Hell prime or post prime tyson was NEVER one punch Ko'ed period. So thats why it caught my eye. Sounds more like that punch should have been one that slid him right back on his behind. But I don't even know if those kind of knockouts are even in the game, I havent played the demo. I'm just reading the criticism for too many 1 punch Ko's, and just knowing that EA couldn't accurately rate fighters if their lives depended on it.
Old 02-01-2011, 05:14 PM   #55
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
This is a great boxing community. Most here are very mature people who can handle a healthy debate.
Of course, most of that goes out the window when discussing Pac and Mayweather.

Glad you're enjoying the demo. I can't wait to try it out when I get home.

How big is the DL size?

Im struggling with space on my HD (needs to a upgrade to a kinect xbox...)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2011, 05:18 PM   #56

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
Dave, just got word from Brizzo that nothing has been changed. If something gets changed with a tuner he will let us know.

So basically people are just getting better at the game and understanding the mechanics more is whats happening.
I don't know man...it's like day and night for me. Is it that I learned the controls? It can't be all that. I can knock spammers out at will right now. Whatever it is, it's damn refreshing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »