Home

The Career of S Kampfer

This is a discussion on The Career of S Kampfer within the Coaching Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Coaching Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-11-2010, 01:17 PM   #233
MVP

OVR: 26
Re: The Career of S Kampfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrnwsBucksFanNC
Random thoughts...

2. That defense stuffed my running game big time. They were in the backfield before I was handing the ball off. I did break a couple but then it was back to the getting dropped for a loss. Oh...and WTF is up with Charles??? ANYTIME anyone was in the backfield...instead of spinning out of the tackle like he does on outside runs...he ran BACKWARDS!!! That definitely didnt help my run stats! I finally benched him in the 3rd...but Perkins is still not 100% healthy and Anderson ran backwards as well!!
RBs will run backwards in this game until you have good play knowledge with them, and as long as their awareness and ball carrier vision is low. It can be very difficult to develop speed backs like Charles in this game. I generally stick to outside runs, draws, and pitches with them. Draws in particular can be very effective if you call them in 2nd or 3rd and long situations, as long as the other team is not blitzing.
Old 02-11-2010, 01:45 PM   #234
MVP

BrnwsBucksFanNC's Arena

OVR: 17

I just finished the Browns game and we won it (the Panthers) 17-7. But it was an ugly game! I had 3 fumbles (yes all 3 were legit fumbles!) and 7 dropped passes, while butterfingers Braylon held on to everything thrown his way...like that would ever happen!!

Everytime I tried to run the 2nd half there was a mlb in the backfield. My rbs would throw themselves on the ground if anyone got near them. I had them pinned inside the 3 on 3 different occasions and Jamal Lewis was able to break tackles and get long runs every time!! I know this Browns team and they are not that good!! I mean...Derek Anderson a 90??

I go to Atlanta next, oh...WR Price got injured during the game(bruised elbow, out 2 days), WR Smith also got injured (lacerated hand, 3 days) which left me with 2 active WRs on the roster for the 2nd half of the game...AND DE Peppers got a lower back bruise and is out for the season (IR). So I signed rookie DE Jack Ellis from Indiana. I intially signed Lawrence Jackson, USC, 2 years experience...but his health was 80 (bad legs).

GAME STATS
Panthers
Tolliver: 16-27, 188 yards, TD, sack
Charles: 22 carries, 58 yards, 2 fumbles (had 68 yrds on 16 carries at halftime)
Perkins: 9-11
D Moore: 4-20, TD
Tolliver: 3-12
Paige: 2-(-1), fumble
Witten: 4 catches, 62 yards
Moore: 4-22, TD, drop
Brady: 3-40, drop
Bost: 3-39, 2 drops
Price: 1-19, drop
Paige: 1-6
Rosario: 0-0, 2 drops
TFL: 12 (7 at the half)
Sacks: Hilton-2; Beason, Gabbert, Warrick, Sanders-1
INT: Long

Browns
Anderson: 11-17, 190 yards, TD, INT (was 9-11 at the half)
Lewis: 15 carries, 25 yards, fumble
Stallworth: 4 catches, 107 yards, TD, drop
Edwards: 3-57 (NO DROPS?????)
McCracken: 3-17, drop
Lewis: 1-9
TFL: 14 (MLBs had 9!)(they had 4 at the half...so they killed my running game the 2nd half)

3rd Down Conversions: Panthers: 3-14; Browns: 2-9
4th Down Conversions: Panthers: 4-6; Browns: 0-1
Penalties: Panthers: 2-15; Browns: 2-15
TOP: Panthers: 41:17; Browns: 18:40
Old 02-11-2010, 01:48 PM   #235
MVP

BrnwsBucksFanNC's Arena

This game was crap...my offense did everything they could to lose and my defense played liked they were only half there. The last time my run got stuffed I could rely on my passing game....but today they decided to cover their hands with oil before the game....

I know a win is a win...but why the &%$#@ does this team seem to get WORSE as the season goes on??? They did it last year as well!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2010, 01:50 PM   #236
MVP

BrnwsBucksFanNC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs844224
RBs will run backwards in this game until you have good play knowledge with them, and as long as their awareness and ball carrier vision is low. It can be very difficult to develop speed backs like Charles in this game. I generally stick to outside runs, draws, and pitches with them. Draws in particular can be very effective if you call them in 2nd or 3rd and long situations, as long as the other team is not blitzing.

I dont know for sure what it is...I only run "Mastered" plays until I have a comfortable lead or it is a play I have been working on and it is very close to being mastered. Their awareness isnt bad nor is their vision. I guess the most frustrating thing is there is no pattern to it. One game they are playing great...the next...like they have never seen the football before...let alone know how the game is played...

They seem to get tackled at random times too. Charles is the one I really dont get...he will fall down when someone breaths on him and he almost always gets caught from behind on a toss sweep by a DT!! I thought he was supposed to be faster than that!
Old 02-12-2010, 11:11 AM   #237
Pro

edward_1385's Arena

OVR: 12

Good job to hold out for the win, I hope ur team turns things around or u will not be playing for the Super Bowl... Late season collapses are never any good...

Btw, I hope ur running game starts to really shine, I have learned the more blockers u have in will really help the inside runs, but there are some backs, that just can't run worth squat in this game, hopfully Charles doesn't turn into one of those guys...

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Coaching Dynasties »