Home

Coaching Career of Bud Foster

This is a discussion on Coaching Career of Bud Foster within the Coaching Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Coaching Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-23-2010, 02:37 PM   #9
Rookie

Jefferson2Lafell's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Coaching Career of Bud Foster

Howard to Denver

Denver, CO-- After all the big-time trades the Broncos had this week to move defensive players out, they have finnally brought one in. They announced today the trade of a 2009 6th round and a 2010 4th round pick for DE Darren Howard, who should start in the place of recently traded Elvis Dumervil. Howard has 302 total tackles, 27 pass deflections, 50.5 sacks, 15 forced fumbles, and 2 interceptions in 8 years.

Last edited by Jefferson2Lafell; 01-23-2010 at 02:45 PM.
Old 01-23-2010, 02:45 PM   #10
Rookie

Jefferson2Lafell's Arena

Davis busts into Denver

Denver, CO-- The Broncos today added a player in yet another trade, grabbing WR Craig "Buster" Davis from the Chargers. Buster, a 1st round selection last year from LSU, is looking to battle for a starting spot opposite Brandon Marshall on what looks to be a strong Denver offense this year, led by third-year-pro QB Jay Cutler. Davis had 20 receptions for 188 yards and 1 touchdown in his rookie year in San Diego.
Old 01-23-2010, 02:46 PM   #11
Rookie

Jefferson2Lafell's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
Why did you trade dummervill?
He wasnt a good fit for my defensive scheme... he was only 75 overall with 81 POT. I decided to get what I could for him and got a good trade offer from Arizona
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2010, 04:17 PM   #12
Rookie

Jefferson2Lafell's Arena

Broncos Fire Foster after just one season

Denver, CO-- After going 2-14 this season, Broncos Owner Pat Bowlen called a press conference today to announce the firing of Head Coach Bud Foster. "Bud was a good coach and a better man in this year with the organization. He is a good defensive mind and will help out whatever team chooses to pick him up. I believe in my heart he will be great one day, but he is not an NFL ready coach just yet, and he should take another year or 2 as a defensive coordinator to get acclimated to the NFL. We certainly would love to have him coaching our defense next year if he so chooses. If he does not return to Denver, we wish him and his family luck in any and all future endeavors," Said Bowlen.
Foster was reached by phone today and said, "I am nothing but grateful to Mr. Bowlen for giving me the opportunity to be a Head Coach in the NFL. I understand that we did not make the strides offensively to win games, and I take full responsibility. I will definitely be taking calls on any job offer I receive from any NFL teams."
Foster's defense made enormous strides this year, finishing 3rd total in the NFL, allowing only 260.8 YPG allowed and 1st in takeaways with 40, including 32 interceptions. The defense also scored 9 touchdowns, 6 interceptions and 3 fumbles. The problem was the offense, as Jay Cutler was inconsistent and inaccurate, finishing with 2784 yards, 13 touchdowns and 17 interceptions. Denver also lacked an elite back, as Michael Pittman and Tatum Bell shared most of the carries, amounting to a dismal 1034 total rushing yards. Star WR Brandon Marshall also did not live up to standards, catching 54 passes for 953 yards and 6 touchdowns, which was still almost 1/2 of Cutler's TD's.
Old 01-23-2010, 04:30 PM   #13
Rookie

Jefferson2Lafell's Arena

Lions fire Marinelli, hire Foster

Detriot, MI-- The Lions, just 2 days removed from firing Head Coach Rod Marinelli, announced the hiring of defensive guru Bud Foster, who was recently fired from the Broncos head job after a 2-14 season, coincidentally the same record the Lions had this past year. Foster said he also entertained offers to be the head man in Miami and Oakland, but found that Detroit had the most free cap space for him to work with. "I am excited to be a Lion, and hope I can turn this team around. I respect Coach Marinelli for what he has done and how great of a coach he is, but I am the coach here now. I will not tolerate players speaking out against our team like they did here last year," Foster said as he was introduced in a press conference today. Foster is referring to when WR Roy E. Williams complained to the media last year about how team meetings were run by Marinelli. Williams also skipped practice and sat out a game when Marinelli had taken enough from him. Later in the conference, Foster took a veiled shot at Broncos owner Pat Bowlen, saying; "I hope to prove the people wrong who said I should be a defensive coordinator, and thought I was incapable of running a successful offense." This could be a shot at Bowlen, who expressed that he believed Foster should be a defensive coordinator for a few years before pursuing another coaching job. Foster will evaluate the staff this week and make his decision regarding their futures with the team.

Old 01-23-2010, 06:38 PM   #14
Pro

OVR: 11

Upgrade the coaching staff, get some good FAs, draft some good players, and I think u can at least finish above .500 this time.
2. Cardinals #2
3. Jets.
Old 01-23-2010, 08:32 PM   #15
Rookie

Jefferson2Lafell's Arena

Lions ink Garrard

Detroit, MI-- The Lions announced today, just 6 hours after Free Agency began in the NFL, the first big-time signing of the Foster Era. Detroit signed for Jaguars QB David Garrard to a 2 year, $20 million contract with a $3.5 million signing bonus. Garrard is almost a sure bet for Detroit's starting QB job this year, as his biggest competition will be from Drew Stanton. Garrard led Jacksonville to a 9-7 record last year and lost in the Wildcard round to the New England Patriots, the team that eliminated Jacksonville the year before, in Garrard's first playoff start. Garrard is 856-1399(61.2%) for 9672 yards and 51 touchdowns with only 29 interceptions for his career, and he has an 85.7 career passer rating.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2010, 08:33 PM   #16
Rookie

Jefferson2Lafell's Arena

It didnt give me a choice to change the coaches??? so im stuck with an awful staff but w/e ill work around it then fire them all lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Coaching Dynasties »