Home

Passing Attack Extraordinaire - A Chiefs dynasty

This is a discussion on Passing Attack Extraordinaire - A Chiefs dynasty within the Coaching Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Coaching Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-31-2010, 02:24 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: Passing Attack Extraordinaire - A Chiefs dynasty

The Post Season and Off-season beginnings:
I did in fact make the playoffs, as the #6 seed. I will intentionally lose, however.

Wildcard round @ Pittsburgh: Lost 28-10
Took me 4 tries. I even shut them out once.

Staffing Changes:
GM: Gil Darnell - 54 - You know, don't know if you love him though. He can go to 4 or 5 in every skill except Rookie scouting DB. Great pickup IMO. Has Accommodation.

OC: Chris Staymates - 28 - One of the Developers! He can go to 5 in every "big 4" skills, comes with Ambition, Receiver discipline and Speed training. Decent at developing any but the Oline.

DC: Jerry Gray - 39 - A former DB coach, and his rating isn't a good indication of how good he his. He can go to 4 in chemistry and Performance, and 5 in the other areas. Amazing at developing DBs, but all others cap at 2. Comes with Ambition and Coverage analysis.

QBC: Tom Clements - 79 - An absolute beast at development skills, and everything else caps at 4, save for strategy. Has Ambition and QB Readiness.

WRC: Karl Dorrel - 39 - From the scrap heap. Pretty good development skills, but his performance is 2/3. No special skills, and will look to upgrade next year.

RBC: Lorenzo Westbrook - Goodish at developmental skills, performance is 3/4, and has improved carrying.

OLC: Tim Cobble - 35 - Very good, especially at throwing punches (Zing!). Performance starts low, but can go to 4. Development skills go 4/5/4. No Special Skills.

LBC: Mike Katcavage - 40 - Think Singletary undeveloped. Performance is 3/5 as is PC, Chemistry is 4/5, and everything else maxes at 4. Has Ambition and Strength Training.

Trainer: Aaron Lee - 99 - From one of the worst to one of the best. Lee is great, everything at 5 except for Fatigue. No special skills though.

Something odd: Every time I chose not to hire Gunther Cunningham as my OC, it said that he (GC) would not be returning to the CHiefs as HC next season, and the GM told me I would no longer be part of the organization.

Tampa Bay won the Super Bowl, ruining the Colts undefeated season. Gruden left, for some odd reason. I have in a special post next, the Head coaching changes, and something unbelievable did in fact happen.
Old 12-31-2010, 02:35 AM   #10
MVP

Head Coaching changes and Current Jobs plus one staff member recap:

Browns: Hired Rex Ryan (88). Former Romeo Crennel (53 now with the Redskins)

Buccaneers: Promoted Monte Kiffin (99). Former John Gruden (70, now with the Cheifs as ST Coordinator)

Lions: Gunther Cunningham (48) Hired. Former Rod Marinelli (48) now with the Cowboys as DC.

Raiders: Gary Hammermill (45) Hired. Former Lane Kiffin (20s) Unemployed.

Redskins: Romeo Crennel (53) hired. Former Jim Zorn (27) Retired.

STC: John Gruden - 70 - All I have to say is...... huh????? He won the Super Bowl (Despite the audio report saying I did) and he is now my STC. Development skills are maxed at 2, but we all know they don't mstter much for STCs. Performance in 2/4, and the only thing that caps at 5 is Strategy. Has Ambition.

OK, lotsa weird stuff happening so far, but I like it. At least I ruined one guy form destroying everywhere he goes (Mwahahahaha!).
Old 12-31-2010, 03:47 AM   #11
MVP

Free Agency:

Going into Free Agency, I have 44.62 million in Cap, and I'm looking to sign a big name Receiver or Linebacker.

Franchised QB Troy Smith (1Year/13.18 Mil). Will look to trade, or cut if I can't swing a deal.

RFAed Dumervil with a level 3. I'm hoping someone bites so I can get Mayo and move him down.

Tendered Croyle with a level 1. He sucks anyway.

Did not Tender Jeff Webb.

Tendered Jarrad Page, level 4 (7th round).

Needs (according to GM): FS1, TE1, DT2.

Went ahead and cut Troy Smith. No takers. I am without a QB for the time being.

I am supposed to get WR Kedrick Austin, but if Jackson falls, I'll look for him. I might trade out of the #8 spot then. I am also supposed to get Thurman Taylor (UCLA). Not happening.

Picks this Year:
#8 (From Lions)

I need some more, as we all know, this class is loaded.

Signed TE Dallas Clark (89) to a 3 year, 15 million dollar deal with a 2.5 million bonus. Not favorable with the cap, but he is very good and will be the TE#1 as well as the WR#5.

Signed MLB Kirk Morrison (87) to a 4 year deal, worth 18 million with a 2.5 million bonus.

Inexplicably traded for Wes Welker. All I had to give up were a 3rd and 4th rounder in next years draft.

Signed P Shane Lechler (93) to a 2 year deal, worth 4.2 millions with a 500K signing bonus.

Cut P (87) Dustin Colquitt.

That's all in Free Agency. Have 31.64 million in Cap room right now.

Draft Targets (1st round):
English
Morrow
James (Want him more, better personality)
Riley
"Truck"
Raevon Hines

Draft Next!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2010, 04:45 AM   #12
MVP

1st Overall Pick (Washington) - LE Raevon Hines, Michigan
2nd Overall Pick (Chicago) - QB Jack English, Stanford
Side Note: This is the first time I've seen McShay twice before Schefter
3rd Overall Pick (Philly) - RE Jackson Hailes, Iowa State
3rd time with McShay
4th Overall Pick (Atlanta) - CB Rkeen Jordan, Oklahoma (Bustatcious!)
McShay again
5th Overall Pick (Cleveland) - DT Alain Dixon, Miami
McShay FTW
6th Overall Pick (Miami) - CB Derek Samuels, USC
7th Overall Pick (NYJ) - HB Terry Davis, Ohio State
8th Overall Pick (KC) - Tought about Jackson here, but I don't need a Lineman on Offense. HOWEVER - no one wanted to trade. So, I drafted QB Dane Morrow, Penn State (Peyton, 97 pot)
McShay Again? Haven't even got Schefter yet.
9th Overall Pick (Jax) - LT Javon Jackson
McShay!
10th Overall Pick (Sea-from Oakland) - HB Joey Keller, Illinois (McShay...)
11th Overall Pick (Cin) - HB Trevor Hollis, Colorado
12th Overall Pick (49ers) - MLB Mack "Truck" Jackson, New Mexico (Do I even..?)
13th Overall Pick (GB) - WR DJ Crosby, Georgia (Yeah... I want Schefter!)
14th Overall Pick (ARI) - Kelly James, Miami (Great Pick, and you guessed it)
15th Overall Pick (Bal) - CB Josh Kingston, Michigan
16th Overall Pick (San Diego) - DT Brandon Tillman, USC
17th Overall Pick (Oakland-From Seattle) - LT Mike Neighbors, Houston
18th Overall Pick (Ten) - WR Kedrick Austin, Florida
19th Overall Pick (Houston) - Traded to the Chiefs for the 85th overall, and a 2010 First Round choice
19th Overall Pick (KC) - ROLB/RE Devin Mayo, Ole Miss (Likely moved to an end spot)
20th Overall Pick (Philly) - To the Browns
20th Overall Pick (Clevelnd) - SS Will Barkley, Florida
21st Overall Pick (Buffalo, from KC) - LE Nayal Willis, Oregon
Traded 21st overall to Buffalo for the 29th, 93rd and 125th overall Picks.
22nd Overall Pick (St. Louis) - HB Kosta Hunter, Florida State
23rd Overall Pick (Denver) - Selected RE Brandon Brown, Ohio State
24th Overall Pick (Dallas) - DT Dustin Hamilton, Missouri
25th Overall Pick (Steelers) - LE Ralph Daye, Wake Forest
26th Overall Pick (NE) - WR Victor McKinnie, Michigan
27th Overall Pick (Vikings) - Thurman Taylor, UCLA
28th Overall Pick (NO) - WR Lane Connor, Kansas
29th Overall Pick (KC) - To Tennessee for the 50th, 147th and 178th overall picks
29th Overall Pick (Ten) - CB Juran Riley, Texas
30th Overall Pick (NYG) - WR Donny Shade, OkSU
31st Overall Pick (Indy) - LOLB Torian Watts, Alabama
32nd Overall Pick (TB) - QB Biff Below, Florida (B-U-S-T BUST BUST BUST!)

My Picks Below:
50th Overall - To the Steelers for the 89th and 185th, along with a 3rd rounder in 2010
53rd Overall Pick - MLB Alonzi Simms, Michigan State
89th Overall Pick - LOLB Dexter Knox, Henderson State
93rd Overall Pick - RG Patrick Boma, NW Oklahoma State
*Tampa Bay got Jamarion Bellows at pick 114. Grrrr.
125th Overall Pick - QB Jake Scott, Texas State
*Justin and Lopez were also taken.
147th Pick - HB Leron James, N. Arizona
178th Pick - QB Dennis Lawrence, Ga. Southern
181st Pick - LE Sammy Emanuel, M. Valley State
185th Pick - MLB Brent Williams, VMI
213th Pick - To the Jags for 2010 6th and 7th rounders

No UDFAs picked up.

Preseason and perhaps a couple of games Next update!
Old 12-31-2010, 02:49 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 26

You did know Mayo has like a 65 injury rating. Expect the Mountain Valley LE to get a lot of playing time. Tough decision to pass on Riley.
Old 12-31-2010, 05:02 PM   #14
MVP

Yeah, I'm hoping to get a good 10-12 games with him. I'll probably sit him a lot in practice, too. I thought about drafting Riley (like really thought about it, 10-15 minutes), but in the end I needed some more picks, and I already drafted one in the first last year (My team anyway). Same reason I passed on Jackson.
Old 12-31-2010, 06:26 PM   #15
MVP

Training Camp and Preseason:

Signed QB Dane Morrow to a 5 Year, 52.04 millions dollar deal with a 10 Million signing bonus.

Signed ROLB Devin Mayo to a 5 Year, 12.99 million dollar deal with a 2 million signing bonus.

Signed MLB Alonzi Simms to a 4 year, 2.12 million dollar deal with a 500K signing bonus.

Signed LOLB Dexter Knox to a 3 year, 1.48 million dollar deal with no signing bonus.

Signed RG Patrick Boma to a 3 year, 1.73 million dollar deal with no signing bonus.

Purchased Small School Insider for my GM.

Traded RE Turk McBride (65) to the Bengals for a 2010 4th round pick. He's a better fit in their system I assume.

Signed HB Leron James to a 3 year deal worth 780K with no signing bonus.

Signed LE Sammy Emanuel to a 700K dollar deal with no signing bonus.

Signed QB Jake Scott to a 3 year, 1.13 million dollar deal with no signing bonus.

Traded RE Elvis Dumervil to Arizona for a 2011 1st round pick. I can now move Mayo down if Emanuel's potential is bad.

Signed MLB B Williams to a 3 year, 670K dollar deal with no signing bonus.

Signed QB Dennis Lawrence to a 3 year, 690K dollar deal with no signing bonus.

Game 1 @ Oakland: Lost 6-7.
Bleh. Good defensive effort though, had 7 sacks and a pick.

Traded LOLB Derrick Johnson (86) to the 49ers for a 2011 1st rounder. He was in his last year of his deal, and with the draft I had, I have LB depth through the roof.

Signed LE/DT Leonard Little for a year. Cut DT Tank Tyler. Little will immediatly move to DT#2, that is how bad my DTs besides Dorsey are.

Game 2 Vs. Denver: Lost 19-13. It's preseason. Wait till the regular season. I do find it odd that I've played 2 divisional opponents so far.

Emanuel has 89 potential. Might start next year, but I won't be moving Mayo down this year at least.

Game 3 Vs. Cleveland: Wom 17-14 (OT). Good passing day, but again, it's preseason.

Signed FS Etric Pruitt. Depth, and good Zone Coverage rating.

Game 4 @ NYJ: Won 33-16. Won't take much from it, but had 4 TDs on offense and 3 picks.

So I went 2-2 in the preseason. Not to bad positional previews next.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2010, 06:48 PM   #16
MVP

QB: Set for the future, not so sure about how we'll perform this season. Morrow (74/97) is our guy for 10+ years, and Scott (68/95) is going to be a very good backup. Our key position for our success.

HB: Johnson (78) did well last year, and is expected to retain the role of a starter for this year. James (79/94) will see action and is our RB of the Future.

FB: Don't have one on the roster.

WR: With Welker (89/90) and Bowe (87/91), we have good targets to throw to. Reobinson (76/86) will be the slot guy, with Clark and James at #4 and #5, respectively.

TE: Clark (89) gives us another great target.

LT: Albert (90/93) Should improve upon last year, with a new Oline Coach and the Pass Blocking Special Skill.

LG: Waters (88) is solid but gets hurt a lot. One weakness on the Oline is our backups.

C: Rob Smith (85/86) should do fine if he avoids getting hurt.

RG: Boma (88/94) should be a great player this year, and for many more.

RT: McIntosh (81) is our worst starter on the Oline, but he can hopefully give us enough time.

LE: Emanuel (83/89) has taken over as the starter, and should be very helpful against the run.

RE: Bake (84/88) should be good, as all he needs to know is that he has to fill his gap.

DT: Dorsey (93/95) is our key player on D, but needs to stay healthy. Little (80) should also be fine as a stop-gap if he stays healthy.

LOLB: Knox (80/91) should be a candidate for DROY at the end of the year if he plays his assignments

MLB: Morrison (86/87) will start for now, otherwise I'd be wasting money. He should also be fine.

ROLB: Mayo (83/94) also seems a very good fit for the cover 2, possessing tremendous speed (97), as well as a good Zone COverage rating (81/93)

Alonzi Simms (85/91) backs up all three linebackers.

CB: Flowers (82/86) and Surtain (82) should do alright, after all, the Cover 2 can hide some of their weaknesses. After them, however, we are very weak, as our Nickel is Zenon (64/77), and it gets worse from there. Perhaps I should have drafted Riley...

FS/SS: Our weakest positions. Page (76/79) and Morgan (79/81) are at least marginal players, but we have no depth.

K/P/KR/PR: Serna (97 KPW, 85/90 KAC) should do fine kicking for us. Lechler (96 KPW, 94 KAC) is one of the best in the business, as well as Hall returning.

Overall, we have a solid roster, and will compete for the division title in the crappy AFC West.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Coaching Dynasties »