Home

Just Win Baby!

This is a discussion on Just Win Baby! within the Coaching Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Coaching Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-27-2011, 09:17 PM   #65
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Just Win Baby!

Week 11

Raiders (9-0) @ Dolphins (6-3)

The Raiders face their second opponent with a winning record this season (the first was the Chargers in Week 3.)

1st Quarter

MIA rookie SS Kenny Phillips intercepts OAK QB Ken Dorsey and returns it 71yds for a TD

MIA 7 OAK 0

On the very next possession OAK QB Ken Dorsey throws another Interception, this one to free agent CB Asante Samuels. CB A. Samuels goes 23yds for a TD

MIA 14 OAK 0

2nd Quarter

Oakland keeps it on the ground and finally makes it into the endzone on a 3yd run by HB Justin Fargas

MIA 14 OAK 7

The Raiders force a punt with 1:44 left in the half. QB Ken Dorsey shows that he isn't rattled by the previous two picks and throws his team down the field, ending the drive with a 13yd pass to rookie WR Kevin Robinson.

MIA 14 OAK 14

The Dolphins decide to run out the clock with only 13 seconds left in the half, but HB Ronnie Brown fumbles and OAK FS Orlando Huff scoops it up and goes 18yds for the TD.

MIA 14 OAK 21 at the half

3rd Quarter

Former Giants WR David Tyree makes a one handed catch at the back of the endzone to add another TD.

MIA 14 OAK 28

Rookie WR Kevin Robinson adds another TD, this one a 17 catch on a go route. P Shane Lechler misses the PAT after two holding penalties move the Raiders back 20 yards.

MIA 14 OAK 34

4th Quarter

Coach Joslin has the team running the ball and the clock. Oakland adds a 24yd FG by P Shane Lechler to finish the drive.

MIA 14 OAK 37

With the game almost over MIA QB John Beck manages to put together a drive, twice converting 4th downs to keep the ball moving. He caps the drive with a 3yd pass to HB Ronnie Brown. They go for the 2pt conversion but the ball is deflected by OAK DE Derrick Burgess.

MIA 20 OAK 37 Final- Raiders remain undefeated!

Key Performers

OAK QB Ken Dorsey 18/30 for 265yds 3 TDs 2 Ints
MIA QB John Beck 12/20 for 96yds TD, Int

OAK HB Justin Fargas 31 runs for 125yds TD
MIA HB Ronnie Brown 7 runs for 3yds

OAK WR Kevin Robinson (R) 5 catches for 71yds 2 TDs
MIA WR Donte Stallworth 3 catches for 39yds

OAK DE Derrick Burgess 5 tackles, 5 TFL, 2 sacks
MIA MLB Tavares Gooden 18 tackles, 8 TFL

Time of Possession: OAK 42:47/17:12 MIA
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2011, 10:54 PM   #66
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33
Crazy to see you getting this production out of Dorsey and Fargas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 06-28-2011, 11:10 AM   #67
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
Crazy to see you getting this production out of Dorsey and Fargas.
Admittedly in real life they are only so so, but in game, they are pretty decent players.

QB Ken Dorsey Throw Power 81, Throw Accuracy 86, Awareness 69, Learning 90- not a stud, but definitely a guy who can win some games if you put him in the right situations.

HB Justin Fargas Speed 96, Acceleration 94, Agility 88, Trucking 82, Elusiveness 84, Awareness 65, Carry 87, Catch 68, BC Vision 70, Stiff Arm 73, Spin Move 83, Juke Move 81, Learning 51- I think the thing that suprises me about Fargas is his Trucking...he has 88 broken tackles (leading the league (next is MIA HB Ronnie Brown with 51), and Fargas has 844yds after contact (once again leading the league, TB HB Shaun Alexander is next with 319yds after contact.) He's a nice combination of speed and power. I just can't figure out why he's only rated an OVR 80...to me it seems like he is way better than that.

Last edited by kdmajoslin; 06-28-2011 at 12:57 PM.
Old 06-28-2011, 11:17 AM   #68
MVP

Modified my sliders, but this time I did it at the beginning of the Broncos game. I had read a post by I think Ebongreen that when you modify the sliders in game it behaves differently. I haven't really seen big changes with fairly significant adjustments out of game, at times it feels like it is playing differently, but hard to gauge vs. differnt teams. So I thought I'd see what happens if I did it in game...it was worth looking into I figured.

Probably got the most challenging game to date.

Modifications were:

No Changes to USER Sliders

For the CPU Sliders

QBA upto 70 an increase of 10
PB upto 85 an increase of 20
WRC upto 70 an increase of 10
RBA upto 90 an increase of 10
RB upto 85 an increase of 10

AWR upto 80 an increase of 10
KD upto 90 an increase of 5
INT left at 36
BB increased to 80 a jump of 10
TKG upto 75 an increase of 10

No changes to Special Team Sliders
Old 06-28-2011, 11:48 AM   #69
MVP

Week 12

Raiders (10-0) @ Broncos (3-7)

The Broncos look to avenge their Week 1 drubbing by the Raiders. The Raiders look to sweep their division rival.

1st Quarter

Two fumbles by OAK TE Zach Miller kill promising drives by the Raiders, but the Oakland Defense won't let DEN QB Jay Cutler take advantage.

2nd Quarter

DEN CB Champ Bailey intercepts a pass by OAK QB Ken Dorseya and almost takes it for a TD, but he gets hauled down from behind by OAK HB Justin Fargas. A big time defensive stand by the Raiders keeps the game tied at 0 to 0.

The Raiders get the ball back with 44 seconds on the clock and manage to drive their way to the 37yd line with 5 seconds on the clock. P Shane Lechler goes for the 53yd FG, but is way short (at least 15yds!) The Raiders have to do something about the kicking situation!

OAK 0 DEN 0 at the half.

3rd Quarter

The Raiders finally manage to score with a 38yd FG by P Shane Lechler.

OAK 3 DEN 0

4th Quarter

The Broncos know the Raiders are tough in the middle of the DLine, so they start using pitches and outside handoffs to attack the Raiders and it pays off when HB Julius Jones turns the corner and goes 35yds for the TD.

OAK 3 DEN 7

The Raiders come right back and score on their own pitch play, when backup HB Kevin Faulk goes 11yds for the TD. DEN rookie OLB Jerod Mayo blocks the PAT!

OAK 9 DEN 7

4:45 to go in the game. The Broncos get to the 40, but are stopped there when forced with a 4th and 13, the chance to go for a 57yd FG and or to punt, DEN Coach Mike Shannahan goes with the punt, hoping his defense can get them the ball back.

The Raiders try to run the clock, but the Broncos aren't going to allow any rushing 1st downs, so QB Ken Dorsey has to provide a helping hand on 3rd downs. The Raiders hope to put this one out of reach when QB Dorsey finds a wide open HB Kevin Faulk in the middle. HB Faulk strolls in for a 5yd score. The PAT puts the Raiders ahead by 2 scores.

OAK 16 DEN 7

The Broncos get the ball back with just over 2 minutes to play. QB Jay Cutler takes a beating doing it, but after several successful 4th down conversions he gets his team into the red zone. With less than 20 seconds on the clock, the Broncos close in on a score, but too slowly. They make it to the 2yd line, but time expires.

OAK 16 DEN 7 final- The Raiders keep the best record in the NFL going to 11-0

Key Performers

OAK QB Ken Dorsey 24/39 for 312yds TD, Int
DEN QB Jay Cutler 15/27 for 194yds

OAK HB Justin Fargas 23 runs for 78yds
DEN HB Julius Jones 13 runs for 48yds TD

OAK WR David Tyree 7 catches for 95yds
DEN WR Brandon Marshall 6 catches for 95yds

OAK SS Ken Hamlin 9 tackles, 4 TFL, 3 sacks
DEN OLB D J Williams 11 tackles, TFL

Time of Possession: OAK 33:23/26:35 DEN
Old 06-28-2011, 12:40 PM   #70
MVP

Player Spotlight: OAK HB Justin Fargas

Justin Fargas (born January 25, 1980 in Encino, CA) originally attended the University of Michigan, where Sports Illustrated named him one the top 10 Freshman in the country. He played both HB and Safety while at Michigan. His time in Ann Arbor was cut short, when he broke his leg and was redshirted. Fargas transferred to Southern Cal in 2001, but due to NCAA rules had to sit out the 2001 season. Fargas rushed for 715yds on 161 carries for the Trojans in his final year of eligibility.

Fargas began his pro career when the Oakland Raiders drafted him with the 96th pick (3rd round) of the 2003 draft.

Fargas did not have many rushing attempts in his first several years. In 2006, he started six games and rushed 178 times for 659 yards and one touchdown. In 2007 he took over after HB LaMont Jordan became injured and had a 1,000-yard season, rushing for 1,009 yards on 222 carries and four touchdowns.

In 2008, when new head coach Ken Joslin, took over the Raiders Fargas was part of a crowded backfield that contained Dominic Rhodes, LaMont Jordan, Fragas, and Michael Bush. After the draft, coach Joslin traded for Patriots 3rd down back Kevin Faulk and signed undrafted rookie HB Dantrell Savage from Oklahoma State. Dominic Rhodes and LaMont Jordan were cut by Coach Joslin in training camp, leaving Fargas to compete with Faulk, Bush, and Savage.

Despite HB Faulk being considered my many to be the better all around back, HB Justin Fargas was named the starting running back for the 2008 season.

So far this season, in 10 games (Fargas missed the Week 10 game with and injury), Fargas has put up some pretty amazing numbers:

255 carries for 1245yds (4.8yd avg) 15 TDs, 3 Fumbles, 59yd Long, 8 rushes over 20yds, 88 broken tackles, and 844yds after contact.

In the NFL, HB Fargas is #2 in rushing attempts, #1 yards, #2 in rushing TDs, #3 in yards per carry (for HB with over 100 carries), #1 broken tackles, #1 in yards after contact, and #1 in runs longer than 20yds.

Currently HB Fargas is in second place in the voting for Offensive Player of the Year and Running Back of the Year (behind Saints HB Marion Barber)

In addition, HB Fargas is considered a lock to be the starter for the AFC team in the Pro Bowl.

Personal: Fargas is the son of Starsky and Hutch actor Antonio Fargas, who played Huggy Bear.

Last edited by kdmajoslin; 06-28-2011 at 12:59 PM.
Old 06-29-2011, 11:17 PM   #71
MVP

OVR: 26

So are you playing all the games?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2011, 01:26 AM   #72
MVP

OVR: 26

You've shined up so many turds in this franchise lol

Just call me Sanchez