Home

Pistol Power- The Coaching Career of Zarek Stryker

This is a discussion on Pistol Power- The Coaching Career of Zarek Stryker within the Coaching Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Coaching Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-28-2012, 01:13 AM   #1
Rookie

Shamhat1915's Arena

OVR: 5
Pistol Power- The Coaching Career of Zarek Stryker

Hello everyone, and thank you for following this NFL Head Coach 09 career. This is my first one, and I am looking forward to this. A little backhround on me first: Yes, I am a girl. Don't like it? Tough. I am a sports enthusiast. Now, since I obviously can't create a female head coach (which sucks) I am instead making this the career of Zarek Stryker.

Stryker utilizes the pistol offense (which I have not seen used in any coaching dynasty's) and a variant of the Tampa-2 defense. I personally always liked the Pistol offense. It combines the advantages of the shotgun (further back from los=more time for the play to develop) with the advantages of being behind center (closer to los=reading defense better). As for the Tampa-2, I've always believed it's best to get pressure with four guys, leaving you able to drop seven in coverage, which really hinders the passing game.

Anyway, I will update this every time I get the chance, and wil incorporate you followers into this journey as well with a "Coaches Mailbag" segment, using your comments as letters to the coach. Now, let's all enjoy this journey together.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2012, 07:33 PM   #2
Rookie

Shamhat1915's Arena

Re: Pistol Power- The Coaching Career of Zarek Stryker

First order of business: picking a team to take over. I want a team that's a challenge, but that also hasn't been used much. I'm leaning towards a team like St. Louis or Detroit, but I'm also thinking Kansas City, Miami, San Francisco, or a team that you guys think would be good. Anyways, that's all for today.
Old 11-29-2012, 09:28 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 26

You might look at a team in the AFC South or NFC East-they're a bit harder than the other divisions. Not the Texans though, they're my team. The Redskins might be a good one.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:55 PM   #4
Rookie

Shamhat1915's Arena

I was actually looking at Washington as a team to take over, and I think I'm going with them. Though I may end up changing my defensive scheme. I'm torn between the Tampa-2 and the 3-3-5 defenses
Old 12-03-2012, 12:35 AM   #5
Rookie

Shamhat1915's Arena

Okay, one quick note, then one last question. I am changing up Stryker's defense. After a couple play now games, I want a more physical defense. I'm looking at taking the Jags Physical D as my new base playbook and modifying it.

As for my team, I have narrowed it down to two choices: the Washington Redskins or the Tenessee Titans. The Titans are my hometown team, bit either team would be a struggle as both need work, and both are in strong divisions. Which team should I go with?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2012, 02:23 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 26

Titans have a bit better coaching staff, but it's needed as the AFC South is probably the hardest division in the game.

Redskins do start with some bad contracts, and it will take some time to shed all those bad contracts.

I think either will be a very good choice.
Old 12-04-2012, 05:00 PM   #7
Rookie

Shamhat1915's Arena

I'm thinking of going with my hometown team. I've looked at both teams, and prefer going with Tennessee. Washington would be an immense challenge with bad contracts, little talent, and almost no cap space the first two years. My Titans will still be a challenge, but are more manageable.
Old 12-13-2012, 02:41 PM   #8
Rookie

Shamhat1915's Arena

Well, I'm later than I would have liked to be, but I promised I would be updating this when I could. Here's the first segment of the coaching career of Zarek Stryker.

Fisher Out In Tennessee
Titans Elect For Change Despite Playoff Appearance
Nashville, TN: In what can only be described as a stunning turn of events, it was announced last night that the Titans were not retaining head coach Jeff Fisher for another season.

“I don’t know what to say. This just came out of nowhere.” Fisher stated after the announcement. “Bud (Adams) gave me a vote of confidence last year when he re-signed me for another year, and I believed we performed well enough for me to warrant an extension. Unfortunately, Bud didn’t see it the same way. I love this organization, I love this city, and I wish this team luck in the upcoming season.”

Fisher was head coach of Tennessee back when the team was in Houston, taking over in 1994 when Jack Pardee was fired after ten games. Jeff led the team in the remainder of the season to a 1-5 record and was retained for the next season. Over the next 13 years, Fisher led the Titans/Oilers to a 115-99 record, including three first place finishes in their division, five playoff appearances, and one appearance in the Super Bowl.

Last season saw Jeff Fisher lead the Titans to a 10-6 record, good enough for third in the division behind Indy and Jacksonville, and made the playoffs again. However, they were ousted in the first round by San Diego, which led to the firing of Jeff Fisher. “Jeff has done well for the organization, and has been here through thick and thin. But his coaching has not translated to playoff success in recent years, and it is time to bring this franchise back to the big game.”

Bud Adams promises an announcement later this week as to who will take over the reigns for Tennessee.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Coaching Dynasties »