Home

2009 Oklahoma Sooners

This is a discussion on 2009 Oklahoma Sooners within the College Football Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football > College Football Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2009, 01:22 AM   #17
ZB9
Hall Of Fame

ZB9's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: 2009 Oklahoma Sooners

Old 09-04-2009, 05:28 PM   #18
MVP

jth1331's Arena

OVR: 4

Personally, OU losing Gresham for a couple games in September is no biggie, as long as it isn't long term.
I think they can manage BYU without him, and Idaho State will be a cake walk. Tulsa will also be easily manageable without him, and then we have a bye.
Starting in October, we need him healthy though. Playing in Miami could be difficult, and then of course starts the conference games.
Old 09-04-2009, 06:53 PM   #19
Banned

Laettner32's Arena

All I have heard about Gresham is what is being said on this thread.

Out for BYU. Then...what? If he was just out for a game, you think they would say so..or say out for a week or two. That they are being so secretive to me thinks he is messed up worse than they want to let the public know. Make him take "the spike" and see if that helps him come back in time for Texas.
Old 09-08-2009, 06:23 PM   #20
Banned

Laettner32's Arena

News reports in Austin, referring to news stations in Oklahoma are saying JG is out for the season. I figured he would be out at least half the season just because of how secretive they have been about his knee.

Of course everyone says SB is out 2-4 weeks. This doctor called in a local show here and said that is a fair recovery time...for a lawyer, student, housewife, realtor, or any other Joe Sixpack. A QB needs full motion in that shoulder, for every pass. And is subject to several hard hits, falls to the turf.

He said SB should not be back before 6 weeks. And has an increased risk for further or more severe injury the rest of the season. If he was SB's personal doctor, not the team doc..he may recommend shutting him down for the season so he is 100% ready for NFL camps/combines.
Old 09-08-2009, 07:34 PM   #21
MVP

OSUG1's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laettner32
News reports in Austin, referring to news stations in Oklahoma are saying JG is out for the season. I figured he would be out at least half the season just because of how secretive they have been about his knee.

Of course everyone says SB is out 2-4 weeks. This doctor called in a local show here and said that is a fair recovery time...for a lawyer, student, housewife, realtor, or any other Joe Sixpack. A QB needs full motion in that shoulder, for every pass. And is subject to several hard hits, falls to the turf.

He said SB should not be back before 6 weeks. And has an increased risk for further or more severe injury the rest of the season. If he was SB's personal doctor, not the team doc..he may recommend shutting him down for the season so he is 100% ready for NFL camps/combines.
http://newsok.com/ous-jermaine-gresh...=breaking_news
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2009, 07:52 AM   #22
Banned

Laettner32's Arena

I linked this over on the Texas thread.

I think it is a good read, lots of Sooner talk.http://texas.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=986855
Old 09-14-2009, 02:05 AM   #23
MVP

BoomerSooner11's Arena

OVR: 19

OU/Texas..I shall be there..hammered. It will soften the blows that were going to take.
Old 09-15-2009, 10:42 PM   #24
ZB9
Hall Of Fame

ZB9's Arena

congrats on your win over one of the worst teams in 1AA, you are now .500

Last edited by ZB9; 09-15-2009 at 10:51 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football > College Football Official Team Threads »