Home

2009 Oklahoma Sooners

This is a discussion on 2009 Oklahoma Sooners within the College Football Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football > College Football Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-03-2009, 03:46 PM   #41
B**m*r S**n*r!

BigDofBA's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: 2009 Oklahoma Sooners

The 2005 and 2009 seasons are almost parallel for OU.

2005 season ..........2009 season

TCU .........loss.......loss....BYU............

Tulsa .......win........win....Tulsa..........

@UCLA......loss.......loss.. @Miami.......

KState .....win........win.....Baylor.........

Texas .......loss.......loss...Texas.........

@Kansas ..win........win....@Kansas.....

Baylor ......win........win....KState.......

@Nebr .....win.................@Nebr......

A&M ........win..................A&M.........

@Tech ......loss................@Tech.......

OSU .........win..................OSU..........

Texas beat USC that year, a team we lost to the year before, to win the national championship. Will Texas beat Florida this year to win the national championship?
NFL - Dallas Cowboys
NBA - Oklahoma City Thunder
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2009, 06:09 PM   #42
Banned

Laettner32's Arena

OVR: 28

Now that unless Texas has a major collapse, it appears we will win the Big 12 South. You Sooners have to do a favor for me...

Kick the hell outta aTm!! I know they are not well represented on this site, but these guys are clinically insane. The have forgotten about the KSU debacle and now after wins over Tech (fair enough, going to Tech and coming out with a win is good enough.) but another win over ISU and they think "the Wreckin' Crew is back!!"

aTm always plays us tough. Especially in gAggieland. I don't expect us to blow 'em out.

But you guys! 77-0 anyone? Let 'em have it!
Old 11-03-2009, 06:11 PM   #43
MVP

BoomerSooner11's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDofBA
The 2005 and 2009 seasons are almost parallel for OU.

2005 season ..........2009 season

TCU .........loss.......loss....BYU............

Tulsa .......win........win....Tulsa..........

@UCLA......loss.......loss.. @Miami.......

KState .....win........win.....Baylor.........

Texas .......loss.......loss...Texas.........

@Kansas ..win........win....@Kansas.....

Baylor ......win........win....KState.......

@Nebr .....win.................@Nebr......

A&M ........win..................A&M.........

@Tech ......loss................@Tech.......

OSU .........win..................OSU..........

Texas beat USC that year, a team we lost to the year before, to win the national championship. Will Texas beat Florida this year to win the national championship?
Wow..hmm..I can never root for Texas. If it is Florida and Texas in the NC, which has like a 95% of happening, then I will root Florida. I don't agree with this.."well they're in the Big 12, you should root for them." No, I'm not a fan of the Big 12, I'm a fan of the school I attend.

I hope 2009 results in a 2005 year ending, excluding the Tech loss. I would just really like to have a bowl win before I graduate, lol.
Old 11-03-2009, 08:11 PM   #44
Banned

Laettner32's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomerSooner11
Wow..hmm..I can never root for Texas. If it is Florida and Texas in the NC, which has like a 95% of happening, then I will root Florida. I don't agree with this.."well they're in the Big 12, you should root for them." No, I'm not a fan of the Big 12, I'm a fan of the school I attend.

I hope 2009 results in a 2005 year ending, excluding the Tech loss. I would just really like to have a bowl win before I graduate, lol.
I respect your opinion. I really do.

I am a little more of a Big XII homer than you. I wasn't happy Texas wasn't in the big game. But I can't lie. Once I saw UF take the field I was like screw it! Go OU!! Go Big XII!!

But most of my friends are like you, no matter what...never root for aTm or 0U.

Other than the color and name on the front of their jerseys...I don't have anything against the Sooners.
Old 11-03-2009, 09:11 PM   #45
MVP

BoomerSooner11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laettner32
I respect your opinion. I really do.

I am a little more of a Big XII homer than you. I wasn't happy Texas wasn't in the big game. But I can't lie. Once I saw UF take the field I was like screw it! Go OU!! Go Big XII!!

But most of my friends are like you, no matter what...never root for aTm or 0U.

Other than the color and name on the front of their jerseys...I don't have anything against the Sooners.
I agree with you there, I don't have hate or anything against Texas at all, I'm just speaking in college football. If Texas was like in a quiz bowl against Florida, I would root for Texas, lol.

But you may be one of the fewest Texas fans that actually rooted for OU against Florida, I would have assumed that so many were pissed they didn't care. That's why I respect and like all the Texas fans on here. When it comes to the national championship though, I'm jealous, here OU has been in it..what..3 times since 2003 and nothing, so it's the fact of knowing that if OU would have won the last 3 NC's, I think it would have put OU at 10 NC's, and if Texas wins this one, y'all are only one behind us, lol.

Honestly though Laettner, I hope you guys have a great injury-free rest of the season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2009, 08:23 PM   #46
MVP

BoomerSooner11's Arena

So I heard that Murray is leaning toward returning next year, which I think would benefit him but, we shall see.
Old 11-21-2009, 04:01 PM   #47
MVP

jth1331's Arena

OVR: 4

I honestly feel Murray has shown nothing this year really to impress NFL scouts. He would benefit from returning, but also be really risky. He hasn't shown much to me to seperate himself from other RB's to be drafted high.

That said, with the talent I see on this team right now, it seems like 6-6/7-5 years will be the norm for the next few seasons. The OL is awful, Landry Jones is a crappy QB, no running game due to the awful OL, the WR play aside from Broyles has been lackluster and no real threat on offense. The defense will lose a lot of talent, and I just don't see anybody being able to step up to get this program back on track.
Old 11-21-2009, 08:22 PM   #48
MVP

BoomerSooner11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth1331
I honestly feel Murray has shown nothing this year really to impress NFL scouts. He would benefit from returning, but also be really risky. He hasn't shown much to me to seperate himself from other RB's to be drafted high.

That said, with the talent I see on this team right now, it seems like 6-6/7-5 years will be the norm for the next few seasons. The OL is awful, Landry Jones is a crappy QB, no running game due to the awful OL, the WR play aside from Broyles has been lackluster and no real threat on offense. The defense will lose a lot of talent, and I just don't see anybody being able to step up to get this program back on track.
I honestly don't care if it's risky or not, lol...it would benefit him to come back, and I'm anxious to see how this freshman QB Blake Bell does in the spring if he decides to graduate early. Landry Jones is not the answer for the next three years.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football > College Football Official Team Threads »