Home

2010 Washington Huskies

This is a discussion on 2010 Washington Huskies within the College Football Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football > College Football Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2010, 12:03 AM   #1
Robot

thaima1shu's Arena

OVR: 21
2010 Washington Huskies

I know there are Husky fans out here. I've seen you guys around here!

Anyone else absolutely grateful that we got Sark? I mean it seems like everything is just going as well as it can go so far. A solid first season, an amazing upcoming recruiting class, and a great staff that he has acquired. And he sure does know how to get the fans excited man. I'm as pumped as I have ever been for Husky football. Only 8 days away!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2010, 12:13 AM   #2
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: 2010 Washington Huskies

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaima1shu

Anyone else absolutely grateful that we got Sark? I mean it seems like everything is just going as well as it can go so far. A solid first season, an amazing upcoming recruiting class, and a great staff that he has acquired. And he sure does know how to get the fans excited man. I'm as pumped as I have ever been for Husky football. Only 8 days away!
And if you're one of those fans that were upset by Jake Heaps not picking UW, you get to watch him possibly get pounded by your defense week 1 (Seeing as BYU's coach said he will be playing then). Huskies aren't my favorite team, but I do enjoy following them. Sark has been nothing short of excellent as a coach so far. Hoping to see a lot of improvement out there this season.
Old 08-28-2010, 12:44 AM   #3
Robot

thaima1shu's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracerBullet
And if you're one of those fans that were upset by Jake Heaps not picking UW, you get to watch him possibly get pounded by your defense week 1 (Seeing as BYU's coach said he will be playing then). Huskies aren't my favorite team, but I do enjoy following them. Sark has been nothing short of excellent as a coach so far. Hoping to see a lot of improvement out there this season.
I kinda wish he was starting though. They said Nelson would start but that Heaps would play also. Should be interesting to see how they decide to rotate the two.
Old 08-28-2010, 01:00 AM   #4
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaima1shu

Anyone else absolutely grateful that we got Sark...
No doubt Sark was a good hire.

Kasen Williams commits to Washington

He's bringing guys in. Clearly it's a program on the rise. Though from 0-12 where else can you go?

Huskies football have always been my favorite team of all the sports teams up here in the NW. I'm cautiously optimistic about this year.

Last edited by spit_bubble; 08-28-2010 at 01:04 AM. Reason: clarification
Old 08-28-2010, 01:33 AM   #5
Robot

thaima1shu's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by spit_bubble
No doubt Sark was a good hire.

Kasen Williams commits to Washington

He's bringing guys in. Clearly it's a program on the rise. Though from 0-12 where else can you go?

Huskies football have always been my favorite team of all the sports teams up here in the NW. I'm cautiously optimistic about this year.
That's the thing, my optimism isn't blind either. My prediction for this year is around 7-5. 8-4 would be fortunate. Our schedule is not easy this year, as a lot of our tough games are on the road. If we can figure out how to win on the road, then this could turn into a very special season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2010, 04:55 PM   #6
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

This BYU game is key. If they win, then take care of Syracuse like they should, then they are probably in the top 25 with confidence heading into the Nebraska game. If they lose at BYU some of that build up is taken away. Though either way I think they play Nebraska tough.

From @BYU, Nebraska, and @USC I think they need at least one of those games. Starting off 1-3 (assuming they don't get upset by Syracuse week 2) just leaves them with too much to make up.

But I think they take care of BYU and Syracuse, and then I predict an upset over Nebraska. After that I think they lose at least 2 of the three tough road games (USC, Oregon, Cal). Then I figure at least one loss at home from Stanford, Arizona State, or Oregon State. So that's three losses...

And then you gotta figure another loss or two in there from these scenarios, so yeah 7-5 or 8-4...

But BYU is key... Gotta get this thing rolling...
Old 08-29-2010, 06:33 PM   #7
Robot

thaima1shu's Arena

Absolutely. What makes BYU a must win, other than gaining momentum, is that it's a road game. We need to be able to win away from Husky Stadium in order to get to a bowl, and starting off against a tough team on the road with a victory should do wonders for the team's confidence. That should lead to a strong performance vs. Syracuse, and then the tough games against Nebraska and USC. So yeah, it all starts with the BYU game. A loss there could send this team tumbling, I think.
Old 08-29-2010, 07:33 PM   #8
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

I don't know if I'd call it a must win, because it could be made up for with a win vs. Nebraska or @USC, but yeah a road win against a solid team like BYU would give the Dawgs a nice boost of confidence to start off the year.

I kind of think UW will playing with a bit of a chip on their shoulder too, because of what happened in '08... Like they have unfinished business...

And if they lose... I will consider it a disappointment. Not that they couldn't recover from it, but a disappointment nonetheless...

Key game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football > College Football Official Team Threads »