Home

2012 Tennessee Vols

This is a discussion on 2012 Tennessee Vols within the College Football Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football > College Football Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2012, 09:10 AM   #9
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: 2012 Tennessee Vols

As bad as things are and have been, he has still managed to beat Vandy

Old 10-17-2012, 09:04 AM   #10
MVP

Amoo316's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasprite
As bad as things are and have been, he has still managed to beat Vandy
This right here is proof things are moving in the right direction and he needs more time in Knoxville. I'm hoping he gets at least another year. Hell, you guys should go ND-Weiss and hand him a 10 year contract!

Seriously, I do see improvement from year to year, and he was left with a program that was decimated, especially on the offensive line. I think UT is a scary team next season and I hope you guys don't fall into the fools gold of hiring somebody next year, them having a great season and extending his contract immediately. UT is going to be loaded and I think even with Dooley they will have a good season.
NBA: Heat
NCAA: Florida & Miss State
NFL: Whichever team currently has the most of my favorite college players
NHL: Caps
Tennis: The Joker & Sloane Stevens
WWE: Dean Ambrose
Misc: Anybody wearing a Team USA jersey
Old 10-18-2012, 05:42 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

I'd wait to see the NFL early entree list before declaring UT to be loaded next season.

And in addition to (at) Alabama, (at) Florida, Georgia and South Carolina next year, there's a trip to Eugene to face the Ducks. Regardless of who's coaching, next year is going to be ugly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2012, 10:46 PM   #12
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amoo316
This right here is proof things are moving in the right direction and he needs more time in Knoxville. I'm hoping he gets at least another year. Hell, you guys should go ND-Weiss and hand him a 10 year contract!

Seriously, I do see improvement from year to year, and he was left with a program that was decimated, especially on the offensive line. I think UT is a scary team next season and I hope you guys don't fall into the fools gold of hiring somebody next year, them having a great season and extending his contract immediately. UT is going to be loaded and I think even with Dooley they will have a good season.
Do you want to know who my favorite head coach at Florida was the last couple of decades? Ron Zook. Its funny that the Dooley fan club always gives this crap about how he had a decimated roster and that his first year really didnt count...............it was his best year so far lol. There has been no improvement to this team other than personnel wise the last three years. The same mistakes are being made and the same head scratching issues pop up in every single game. If he could manage to beat a single ranked team in three years it could be called improvement, but he hasnt and he cant. The bottom line is that if he doesnt win against bama AND SC and we have the mutual interest from a certain coaching candidate that I have been told we have, Dooley will be fired the first or second week of November. He did what he could do which was provide some sort of stability, the only reason he was hired was due to terrible timing, a ignorant AD, and he was the anti-dooley which made all the mouthbreathing necks happy. Change is a comin!!!

Old 10-19-2012, 02:05 AM   #13
MVP

Amoo316's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasprite
Do you want to know who my favorite head coach at Florida was the last couple of decades? Ron Zook. Its funny that the Dooley fan club always gives this crap about how he had a decimated roster and that his first year really didnt count...............it was his best year so far lol. There has been no improvement to this team other than personnel wise the last three years. The same mistakes are being made and the same head scratching issues pop up in every single game. If he could manage to beat a single ranked team in three years it could be called improvement, but he hasnt and he cant. The bottom line is that if he doesnt win against bama AND SC and we have the mutual interest from a certain coaching candidate that I have been told we have, Dooley will be fired the first or second week of November. He did what he could do which was provide some sort of stability, the only reason he was hired was due to terrible timing, a ignorant AD, and he was the anti-dooley which made all the mouthbreathing necks happy. Change is a comin!!!
Honestly, for me it has nothing to do with wanting to see a team fail, I just think the team was a total pile of steaming crap when he got there and it has shown improvement every year. How many CC players did he start that first season? Hell how many CC kids is he still starting?

I know people like to look at the skill positions, but the Lines are finally coming together nicely. UT is still not back to the point where they have a full roster of 4 & 5* guys. I realize some dudes ranking of some high school kids doesn't always mean anything, but to get the talent level to the point he has gotten it in a short time period has been a feat in it's own right.

UT made a deal with the devil when the ****-canned Fulmer and brought in Kiff. Is it frustrating when your team "sucks"? You're damn right it is, but I think some of us not so emotionally involved find it a little easier to find the good and not just the bad. I would like to see him get one more year. Not because I'm a UF fan, but because after the **** storm he started with, knowing next year will be his most talented team, regardless of who goes to the draft.

I wasn't a fan of Fulmer getting canned, I wasn't a fan of The Fridge getting canned, and I won't be a fan if they oust Dooley in UT.

Want to shoot me a PM on your possible hot commodity coaching prospect? Personally would love to see old Cutcliff back in the Orange, but who knows if those wounds have healed yet. The Chief would be welcomed to, but I'm not sure UT wants any ties to any of Fulmer's guys.
Old 10-21-2012, 10:56 PM   #14
MVP

TidePride50's Arena

OVR: 7
I think UT is on its way back. I look for them to have a good year next year. I really hope CDD makes it one more year to benefit from what he's put into it. I know many won't agree but I think he's slowly building a winner.
Old 10-22-2012, 02:07 PM   #15
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TidePride50
I think UT is on its way back. I look for them to have a good year next year. I really hope CDD makes it one more year to benefit from what he's put into it. I know many won't agree but I think he's slowly building a winner.

Appreciate the kind words.......but how does 4-15 vs the SEC and 0-13 vs ranked opponents point to him building a winner? Dooley is a loser and will never be anything but as a football coach. He seems like a nice guy, he is smart, and just a swell person, but as a football coach, he is terrible. Dooley will be gone Monday next week and we will finally be able to start "building a winner" when he is gone. Bama played well Saturday night and looks to be unstoppable

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2012, 07:31 AM   #16
MVP

Amoo316's Arena

What are your guys thoughts on keeping Sunseri (sp?) if (read as "when") Dooley gets **** canned?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football > College Football Official Team Threads »